RIP Ray Thomas of the Moody Blues

Coincidently, I am joining a friend to see the Moody Blues down here in South Florida at the Hard Rock in a couple of days.  

It is my understanding that Ray Thomas had retired from the group a while back.  He apparently died of prostate cancer.

RIP

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Coincidently, I am joining a friend to see the Moody Blues down here in South Florida at the Hard Rock in a couple of days.  

It is my understanding that Ray Thomas had retired from the group a while back.  He apparently died of prostate cancer.

RIP

I didn't know about the Cancer but he did leave the group quite a few years ago. The Moodys' sound was never quite the same withou Mike Pinder and I am sure that is true with the absence of Ray Thomas.

Very sad loss. They deserved to have have gone into the HOF many years ago while he was still alive.

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

RIP

Don't be afraid of the finger, boys.

RIP

33 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I didn't know about the Cancer but he did leave the group quite a few years ago. The Moodys' sound was never quite the same withou Mike Pinder and I am sure that is true with the absence of Ray Thomas.

Very sad loss. They deserved to have have gone into the HOF many years ago while he was still alive.

This is so true.  I have no idea why they were not inducted into the HOF years ago.

Ray Thomas was one of the many victims of electronic music.

It was easy to replace what he did with the flute, and he had less of a role in his later years before leaving the band.

Still a classic part of the early Moody Blues.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Moody Blues at their best, at the classic Royal Albert Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8474UHL-dk&list=RDq8474UHL-dk&t=43

Got tickets to see the Moody Blues this coming Saturday in Clearwater.

They are playing the entire album Days of Future passed. With an orchestra.

RIP Ray.

A small tribute with 3 lesser known songs that I like best from Ray.  A salute to the other "head" of the group who combined pensive misery with the UK Psychedelic dream of a return to childhood.