Marcell Dareus Training Hard for Bills Game

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I was just signing in to post some of the quotes from that article... Dareus is definitely still raw on the trade.

"The GM [Brandon Beane], if he walks to me, or the head coach [Sean McDermott], and tries to shake my hand, [I'll] act like I'm going to shake their hand and then be like, get out of here," Dareus told me Friday, miming a couple "too slow" moves near his locker.

"Head coach, GM -- f--- out of here. I ain't no f---boy. After all this, you're going to try to come shake my hand? Come on now. Don't try me. Don't do me like that. If you're going to do me like that, that's crazy."

Asked if Sunday's playoff matchup with his old team made him reflect on how it all ended in Buffalo, Dareus said: "I don't feel like it shows anyone anything about me. It just shows me about what decisions they already make with their organization, who they let make decisions with the organization. You want to get rid of one of the best players in the league -- easily -- because you want a sixth-round pick? Or you just want to get me out that bad? All right. The things y'all portrayed in the news and media -- really? It was nothing like that, but OK. We all know this is a business. They've got control of what they want to put out and what they don't. It is what it is. I'm not here to fight it."

Still seems to be blaming everyone but himself... 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Clearly many people in this thread have never heard of the 48  hour rule....

Besides just that, one can't just stay up late one night, and go to bed early the next, your body needs a routine.  If it gets thrown off of its routine, it gets messed up. 

A dramatic bunch. 

If he was confirmed as doing something truly crazy then sure... but what we have is that he was present in a bar with women who were not wearing much. Did he stay til 6am? Was he wasted? Do any drugs?

or did he have a couple drinks, and enjoy the show? 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

A dramatic bunch. 

If he was confirmed as doing something truly crazy then sure... but what we have is that he was present in a bar with women who were not wearing much. Did he stay til 6am? Was he wasted? Do any drugs?

or did he have a couple drinks, and enjoy the show? 

You won't get an answer now, everyone is at church, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

No self-awareness.  Teams don't get rid of talented players, especially when it costs them a ton cap-wise and they get little in return, for no reason. 

The best example of having no self awareness was the same day that his 4 game suspension was announced and then in his fake apology said he was going to rehab, he went straight to Chippewa to party. And then never did go to rehab.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Clearly many people in this thread have never heard of the 48  hour rule....

Besides just that, one can't just stay up late one night, and go to bed early the next, your body needs a routine.  If it gets thrown off of its routine, it gets messed up. 

...if my math is correct, that would be 12 'lil purple pills times the 4 hour guarantee right?...........

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The best example of having no self awareness was the same day that his 4 game suspension was announced and then in his fake apology said he was going to rehab, he went straight to Chippewa to party. And then never did go to rehab.

True.  Although I always thought the rehab thing was overblown.  It was for weed, that was becoming legal and is legal in most states now.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You won't get an answer now, everyone is at church, I suppose.

You don't seem to be on the same page with the rest of us about the reasoning here. 

And you seem kind of abrasive about it.

I wont review the reasons again because they are outlined pretty clearly in a number of posts.

This isn't a morals thing. Why can't you hear that? It is like you are having an argument you would have had with your mom or a minister or religious family member or something. But they aren't here. How come?

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You don't seem to be on the same page with the rest of us about the reasoning here. 

I wont review the reasons again because they are outlined pretty clearly in a number of posts.

This isn't a morals thing. Why can't you hear that? It is like you are having an argument you would have had with your mom or a minister or religious family member or something. But they aren't here. How come?

Someone posted about getting diseases and wasting hard earned money... sounds like a morals thing to me. It also seems like a morals thing when people sit in judgement of other peoples behavior.

It also just seems pretty stupid for people to think players can't go out 2 nights before a game. Happens all the time , I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Someone posted about getting diseases and wasting hard earned money... sounds like a morals thing to me. It also seems like a morals thing when people sit in judgement of other peoples behavior.

It also just seems pretty stupid for people to think players can't go out 2 nights before a game. Happens all the time , I'm sure.

One person may have posted that but you keep responding as if everyone has.

And yes a player can go out and they do. But physiology is a science and drinking and staying out late 36 hours before game time is just factually not as good for performance as eating right and getting plenty of sleep and staying on the same sleep schedule. That is just a fact as far as I know. 

As I say, I am glad he is doing that and I hope he got good and drink last night too! But saying it isn't the best to do what he is doing isn't judging, or being the morality police. It is a fact. It is just truth. So maybe ease off on the snark please about it being anything else.

20 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If it was a picture of him at an Irish pub with a beer would the reaction be as dramatic for some here? He definitely comes with baggage and as a team you’d rather see him snapping shots of studying the playbook but they are human and they will go out, and blow off steam and have fun and it doesn’t mean he’s not doing the work. 

And the morality is all tied up in the assumptions of what he was doing and how it would effect him two days later from a couple quick shots of him standing there. Are they time stamped at day break? Is he tearing through lines of coke? Or is he having 2-3 beers and home at a more or less reasonable time 2 days before an afternoon shift at work? 

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And yes a player can go out and they do. But physiology is a science and drinking and staying out late 36 hours before game time is just factually not as good for performance as eating right and getting plenty of sleep and staying on the same sleep schedule. That is just a fact as far as I know. 

As I say, I am glad he is doing that and I hope he got good and drink last night too! But saying it isn't the best to do what he is doing isn't judging, or being the morality police. It is a fact. It is just truth. So maybe ease off on the snark please about it being anything else.

Go back to lecturing Dareus, stop lecturing me. You guys don't like him, so what he's doing is wrong. Kelly does it his whole career and he's still worshiped. Game time coming up, Go Bills

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

If it was a picture of him at an Irish pub with a beer would the reaction be as dramatic for some here? He definitely comes with baggage and as a team you’d rather see him snapping shots of studying the playbook but they are human and they will go out, and blow off steam and have fun and it doesn’t mean he’s not doing the work. 

And the morality is all tied up in the assumptions of what he was doing and how it would effect him two days later from a couple quick shots of him standing there. Are they time stamped at day break? Is he tearing through lines of coke? Or is he having 2-3 beers and home at a more or less reasonable time 2 days before an afternoon shift at work? 

I dont know what time it was. But that one stripper was very attractive and the top ones usually work prime time which is like 9PM closing.  Um, a friend told me that because I don't know these things myself. 

So yeah that could be happy hour. And maybe it wasn't even this week. But I personally don't feel a great need to defend or be extra fair to Marcell Dareus because he didn't do a very good job while he was here so I don't think I owe him much loyalty.

5 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Hes not even drinking in either clip though. Odds are he wasn’t out having organic fresh pressed beat/kale juice Friday night but likewise this isn’t that damning either 

As a a bills fan, I hope he completely blows off the game and rolls in unprepared and at 70%... but there’s definitely based on venue both some assumptions and pearl clutching (I enjoyed the “I’m just glad I would never be able to be photographed in a strip club” comment)

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I dont know what time it was. But that one stripper was very attractive and the top ones usually work prime time which is like 9PM closing.  Um, a friend told me that because I don't know these things myself. 

So yeah that could be happy hour. And maybe it wasn't even this week. But I personally don't feel a great need to defend or be extra fair to Marcell Dareus because he didn't do a very good job while he was here so I don't think I owe him much loyalty.

I get it- and I’m assuming it’s late too but if he rolled home at midnight or 1.... meh. Big deal?

im not so much trying to defend MD as there were just a few posts that made me laugh when reading the thread.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hes not even drinking in either clip though. Odds are he wasn’t out having organic fresh pressed beat/kale juice Friday night but likewise this isn’t that damning either 

As a a bills fan, I hope he completely blows off the game and rolls in unprepared and at 70%... but there’s definitely based on venue both some assumptions and pearl clutching (I enjoyed the “I’m just glad I would never be able to be photographed in a strip club” comment)

In case you care about my personal view: Marcell annoys me because of his slip ups and inability to see he has been wrong and that he really should try his hardest in return for all the money he gets.

But I don't blame him for what happened here. He is who he is. I blame the Bills for choosing to pay him. Marcell was who he was before they paid him and he continued to be who he is after they paid him. So he annoys me but he didn't trick or deceive anyone. The blame falls on the Buffalo Bills for committing to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Legal as in states will not prosecute but illegal according to federal law.

It is legal for medical use in 29 states and legal in several states for recreational use.