Playoff QB’s Ranked - Pete Prisco - CBS Sports

Jay_Fixit

20 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I think that TT should be near the bottom on this list...but there is NO WAY Bortles should be above Tyrod Taylor.....no way

Bortles isn't nearly as bad as some folks think. He's certainly not an elite franchise QB, but you have to give a lot of credit to St. Doug and Nate Hackett for salvaging his career even if he doesn't factor into the long term plans for the jags.

But I think in the end the reason he's rated about Taylor is he's a true pocket QB whose capable of some very big days passing the football. I believe the Jags are 8-0 when he doesn't turn the ball over this year. But on the flipside they are very beatable when he turns it over.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s debatable. Certainly not laughable.

It’s pretty laughable. Those teams wouldn’t take those guys over Tyrod. Mariota is debatable. He has been awful this year but has ability. 

Something like this:

Brady

Brees

Ben

Ryan

Cam

Smith

Goff

Keenum

Tyrod

Mariota

Foles

Bortles

26 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Meh.  Lazy list.  I think he basically put them in order of passing yardage, then decided Newton ought to be higher, Smith and Bortles lower, and he had to slot Foles in there somewhere based on limited sample

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Tyrod is 16-21? Based on what? 

I don't think that Tyrod is a great QB by any means but him just taking care of the football puts him just below average in my opinion. My overall list goes as followed

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Russell Wilson

4. Drew Brees

5. Carson Wentz

6. Matt Ryan

7. Ben Rothlisberger 

8. Alex Smith

9. Cam Newton

10. Matthew Stafford

11. Philip River

12. Jared Goff