Jacks-Ville # 1 rush team in NFL

Socal-805

1 hour ago, BillsFan1 said:

Best Chance - Get the Jags in throwing situations and get after Bortles.  If Fournette gets going, Bills will lose.

.......probably a good choice.....Fournette is a beast......force Bortles to the air and Frazier needs to dial up pressure.....leave it up to Poyer, Gaines & Hyde......

4 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

How are the Bills and their # 29 ranked rush D supposed to stop or even slow up the J-Ville rushing attack? 

Bring in an extra LB?

Is there a name for that package, if it exists?

I think Fournette is banged up or slowing down in his first season as he is under 4 yards per carry in his last 4 games.  Hopefully that continues and would be a good start.

Stack 8 in the box, Poyer deep. Let White and Gaines play man and dare Bortles to beat us. 

I trust our secondary to allow us to stack the box, shut down Fournette and chase Bortles into bad throws. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jax averages 4.3 ypc, tied for 7th in the league. KC leads the league with a 4.7 ypc average. The Bills held the Chiefs to a 2.9 YPC average (and 55 total yards.) The D is capable of stopping the run if  the good version of the unit shows up (and that's a big IF.)

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I believe the Bills' team of lawyers are currently feverishly working on an interesting contractual loophole stemming from the employment contracts of the Ryan Brothers.

Long story short, my sources tell me the Bills will be able to force Rob Ryan into employment for Sunday's game; they intend to dress him as a defensive tackle.  The theory, according to my source, is that Rob will count as one big body; his stomach will count as a second big body.  In this way we will skirt the rules by effectively having 12 players on defense even though only 11 are allowed.

With Rob plugging the middle and likely drawing double or triple teams, other players like Kyle Wiliams will be freed up.

Expect the Jaguars to have a very rough time in the ground game.

Thanks, Don, for the insider info!

24 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Teams who DON'T get away from the run game tend to gash the Bills as the contest wears on. This, to quote SaviorWhatever, "concerns" me.  

Same same?

There’s the gap fit with whatever player is assigned to it on a particular play in a particular defense and then there’s the commitment by that player to stay disciplined and execute his responsibility in controlling his assignment; “gap integrity.”

18 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

My gut is telling me both teams stop the run. I think Fournette and McCoy both get shutdown, it turns into a chess match between Bortles and Tyrod. Just my gut feeling.

Jax stinks against the run.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

There’s the gap fit with whatever player is assigned to it on a particular play in a particular defense and then there’s the commitment by that player to stay disciplined and execute his responsibility in controlling his assignment; “gap integrity.”

So you're saying "Get there" and also "stay there." Heard.

33 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

So you're saying "Get there" and also "stay there." Heard.

Pretty much. It’s hard to resist the urge to do too much at times, but that’s the easiest way to get out of position, assuming the guy in front of you doesn’t flat out win.