Tyrod Taylor's "Signature Moment" of 2017?

11 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I was asking an honest question because I'm having a hard time with the fact that the biggest play by a QB of the drought ending season was really a Bengals highlight. Just out of a sense of pride, It kind of bothers me. 

So, due specifically to my critical view of Tyrod Taylor -- I wanted to ask the board here to help me out, because maybe there were plays I missed or didn't give the guy enough credit for. 

You are free to interpret this thread as you see fit.

The throw in Atlanta to Clay. That was the biggest win (at least most surprising) and a turning point.

There are about 5 Tyrod threads started this week. Should we sign him? Should we trade him? Should we cut him? What’s his biggest play? And on and on and on... We are so accustomed to complaining and/or focusing on the future we are going to miss the one time we’ve been rewarded in a generation. People are entitled to do what they want but it’s disappointing as a Bills fan to see so much negativity on here this week. 

I am electing to focus my my energy on the Jags and the weekend ahead in Jax. I’ll bow out now and y’all can keep wringing your hands over how bad he is.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The throw in Atlanta to Clay. That was the biggest win (at least most surprising) and a turning point.

There are about 5 Tyrod threads started this week. Should we sign him? Should we trade him? Should we cut him? What’s his biggest play? And on and on and on... We are so accustomed to complaining and/or focusing on the future we are going to miss the one time we’ve been rewarded in a generation. People are entitled to do what they want but it’s disappointing as a Bills fan to see so much negativity on here this week. 

I am electing to focus my my energy on the Jags and the weekend ahead in Jax. I’ll bow out now and y’all can keep wringing your hands over how bad he is.

Well, of course there are... because qualifying for the playoffs added a huge, brand new factor to consider. So for those of us most interested in the QB position, it's a new conversation to be had. 

That's the beauty of places like this online -- you can go discuss the finer points of run-blocking and breakdown the Jags LB tendencies on film, and I can go and talk about Tyrod Taylor and the fascinating conundrum he presents right now at the most important position in sports. 

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are quite a few single issue posters who can't seem to opine on anything else irrespective of a thread subject.  They seem to feel the need to incessantly harp on the QB while missing the enjoyment of the moment we have now. It's such a shame. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Taylor has done a lot of good things for this team.  

The problem was (which is why I believe people speak against him) he just cant seem to finish out strong.  

I hope he proves me wrong.  

unusually fair take from you. must be we caught you on one of your medicated days where you aren't calling him lame nicknames and talking about how the team only wins in spite of him..... solid change of pace.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

unusually fair take from you. must be we caught you on one of your medicated days where you aren't calling me lame nicknames and talking about how the team only wins in spite of him..... solid change of pace.

This is the internet.   You can't believe everything.    ;) 

My opinion has not changed in over 2 years.  Had you paid attention (or were on your meds)  you might have noticed.   

FTR...  what lame nicknames have I called you?  Stank?  That is your alias?      26NateHater is reserved for 26Corner Blitz.  

you got to know when to hold them know when to fold them.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is the internet.   You can't believe everything.   

My opinion has not changed in over 2 years.  Had you paid attention (or were on your meds)  you might have noticed.   

FTR...  what lame nicknames have I called you?  Stank?  That is your alias?      26NateHater is reserved for 26Corner Blitz.  

whoops. that was a typo..... meant to say "him" as in taylor. you've never called me any names, my man.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

whoops. that was a typo..... meant to say "him" as in taylor. you've never called me any names, my man.

I make typos all the time.   and multiple edits.  

I like Taylor, I just don't love him. 

He is tentative, we do see a "typical" game out him more often than not.    Lame as they are there is a bit of truth to them.  

:beer:

Now quick delete these before the word gets out 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Coming out for the second half of the LAC debacle like the consummate professional/great teammate that he is and then leading the team to victory in KC the following week. 

At one point he actually threw three TD's in a row in that game.  Clay got called for offensive PI, then he dropped one, then Taylor hit Shady in the end zone.  The Tampa game Taylor hit Thompson on a 44 yard pass to set up Shady's 7 yard run that tied it and then next drive after 2 runs for one yard converted 3rd and 9.  Then two more runs for zero yards he hit Shady for a 9 yard gain that set up the winning FG.   The TD that Taylor threw that hit Zay Jones square in the hands and bounced off and Holmes caught it was a good highlight real play.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I make typos all the time.   and multiple edits.  

I like Taylor, I just don't love him. 

He is tentative, we do see a "typical" game out him more often than not.    Lame as they are there is a bit of truth to them.  

:beer:

Now quick delete these before the word gets out 

I don't even know you anymore.... seriously..... I don't even know how to react to this. 

6 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

At one point he actually threw three TD's in a row in that game.  Clay got called for offensive PI, then he dropped one, then Taylor hit Shady in the end zone.  The Tampa game Taylor hit Thompson on a 44 yard pass to set up Shady's 7 yard run that tied it and then next drive after 2 runs for one yard converted 3rd and 9.  Then two more runs for zero yards he hit Shady for a 9 yard gain that set up the winning FG.   The TD that Taylor threw that hit Zay Jones square in the hands and bounced off and Holmes caught it was a good highlight real play.

that was actually tawain jones wasn't it? could be mistaken. no biggie. we're on the same page. lol

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

that was actually tawain jones wasn't it? couldn't be mistaken. no biggie. we're on the same page. lol

Maybe, I remember being happy we pulled it out and thinking it was something to build on.  Things went all over the place from there.

8 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Tyrod Taylor is the starting QB of the first Bills team to break through to the playoffs in 17 years, and has rightfully earned a special place in Buffalo Sports History because of it. 

What would you say was his signature play or highlight from 2017?

The Dalton to Boyd 49 yard TD pass on 4th & 12 that beat the Ravens is not eligible for consideration, by the way.

I'm looking for a Tyrod Taylor heroic moment that really sums up this season. 

The Bucs game where 95% of the people in the shout box declared we lost before the game was over and its impossible for Taylor to lead a game winning drive...which he did.  

He actually had a lot of great moments this year...the alternate one wouldn't a moment per se, but how well he handled the benching in SD and came back and led this team to the playoffs.  

Additionally, one thing TT never gets enough credit for is his toughness.  This kid, who isnt that big, takes big shot after big shot behind this OL.  He never panics, steps into and delivers the pass knowing he is about to get leveled.  And then he gets back up and does it again.  The kid is a leader and has a ton of heart and I think its one reason the players love him so much.  

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I would say it's the 72 yard TD to Thompson to win the game in Foxborough 

On the 13th of January, 2018

On a sidenote, anybody know how to clean off a kool aid mustache?

Crow feathers. 

If your prediction comes true,  there will be a lot of em from all the crow that will be eaten around these parts. 

7 hours ago, eball said:

This incessant fascination with defining Tyrod Taylor is tiresome.  If you don't know what Tyrod is -- and isn't -- by now, just keep quiet and watch the game.  He has an opportunity to lead the Bills to a playoff win, his teammates love and respect him, and I don't care whether or not he has had a "signature moment" this season.

Embrace the moment.

Well said eball.  Your post has the most Likes/Thanks of any in this thread!  FWIW

I'm hoping for TT to have a "signature" moment this Sunday in Jacksonville.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

It's pretty sad.

As has been said, the drought made Bills fans dumber. 

The same people bitching about Tyrod and how bad he is now were calling for Trevor Simeon last offseason so it's not surprising.

I mean he's still not good... You're right, they playoff drought has made people dumber. They now think Tyrod's somehow the savior of the team despite his poor play just because the team is in the post season. 

I don't recall anyone wanting Trevor Simeon, but I'm sure some person out there did. But in terms of improving our passing offense, there are way fewer out there who couldn't do better than TT, who has us ranked 32nd all year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I would totally agree with your stance any other week of the year at any other point in my life..... but this week?...... this week I feel like anyone complaining and nit picking is a freaking jerk and needs to find a hole to go crawl into and maybe never come out. I've said it numerous times already. this week really brought about a lot of peoples true colors and is speaking volumes about certain people around here. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I never said I wanted to vote you out either. I said that I want to vote “idiots” out.  If people are using this week to complain about the QB I think that they are idiots. Any of the last 936 weeks is acceptable but this week we should enjoy. It’s just unfathomable to me that Bills fans could be complaining this week.  

Check his posting history (or any of his last 3 names) and see if you see a common theme...

I am at a breaking point.  We should all be celebrating this week.  Instead it is the same absolute nonsense.  Andy Dalton gets 170k to his charity for one pass.  Tyrod leads the team to a 9-6 record and gets no credit.  Tyrod gets benched and responds by leading the team to a 4-2 record and the playoffs for the first time in forever.

Either QB is end all be all and Tyrod should get credit for leading the Bills to the playoffs

OR

QB isn't as important as some claim it to be and the Bills made the playoffs in spite of him.

You can't hold both opinions unless apparently it involves Tyrod.  We are in the freaking playoffs and people want to whine about our qb still?  How about thanks for getting us to the playoffs?  How about thanks for ending the drought?  Nope the same inane duh Tyrod is terrible duh.  We know what Tyrod is and right now that is the QB of the Playoff Buffalo Bills.  After the playoffs end we can resume hearing about how xrushx, shady, twoandfourteen and others KNOW that Tyrod is the antichrist.  While the playoffs are on and the Bills are alive ENJOY IT FOR PETES SAKE

To all of you that said Tyrod could never do it, to those that said the Bills would go 4-12, to those of you who said he is a backup qb or rb at best in this league, to those of you that said Nate freaking Peterman starting was still a good decision even after the results, to those of you who wouldn't be optimistic after week 15 or even week 16 because Tyrod was sure to lose to the Dolphins, to those of you who can't enjoy this without complaining about Tyrod I've got 2 words for you.  SUCK IT.  The Bills are in the playoffs and Tyrod got them there.  

I dealt with the stupid CoT nonsense all offseason and all year and I feel vindicated.  "The CoT" :rolleyes: kept saying with a competent defense the Bills could be a playoff team with Tyrod at the helm.  In the words of one of my favorite posters around here:  Tyrod just pantsed all you haters!

Go Bills!  !@#$ Doug Marrone and !@#$ the Jags!  and if you want to B word about Tyrod instead of the Bills being in the playoffs then !@#$ you too!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

I am at a breaking point.  We should all be celebrating this week.  Instead it is the same absolute nonsense.  Andy Dalton gets 170k to his charity for one pass.  Tyrod leads the team to a 9-6 record and gets no credit.  Tyrod gets benched and responds by leading the team to a 4-2 record and the playoffs for the first time in forever.

Either QB is end all be all and Tyrod should get credit for leading the Bills to the playoffs

OR

QB isn't as important as some claim it to be and the Bills made the playoffs in spite of him.

You can't hold both opinions unless apparently it involves Tyrod.  We are in the freaking playoffs and people want to whine about our qb still?  How about thanks for getting us to the playoffs?  How about thanks for ending the drought?  Nope the same inane duh Tyrod is terrible duh.  We know what Tyrod is and right now that is the QB of the Playoff Buffalo Bills.  After the playoffs end we can resume hearing about how xrushx, shady, twoandfourteen and others KNOW that Tyrod is the antichrist.  While the playoffs are on and the Bills are alive ENJOY IT FOR PETES SAKE

To all of you that said Tyrod could never do it, to those that said the Bills would go 4-12, to those of you who said he is a backup qb or rb at best in this league, to those of you that said Nate freaking Peterman starting was still a good decision even after the results, to those of you who wouldn't be optimistic after week 15 or even week 16 because Tyrod was sure to lose to the Dolphins, to those of you who can't enjoy this without complaining about Tyrod I've got 2 words for you.  SUCK IT.  The Bills are in the playoffs and Tyrod got them there.  

I dealt with the stupid CoT nonsense all offseason and all year and I feel vindicated.  "The CoT" :rolleyes: kept saying with a competent defense the Bills could be a playoff team with Tyrod at the helm.  In the words of one of my favorite posters around here:  Tyrod just pantsed all you haters!

Go Bills!  !@#$ Doug Marrone and !@#$ the Jags!  and if you want to B word about Tyrod instead of the Bills being in the playoffs then !@#$ you too!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

first bolded made me chuckle becuz its so true....

2nd bolded is also very true. I was ready to move on last season. I wanted a qb at 10 but even with all that being said I knew there were games to be won with taylor at qb as long as he had some help. he'll always need help. that's what type of player he is..... and that's OKAY as long as the front office knows this as well and plans accordingly. 

31 minutes ago, section122 said:

What you may be failing to see is that a lot of people like what Tyrod has done and they do appreciate it.  You may refer to some of them as "haters" 

You need to take the 2 or 3 people who never say anything good and  ignore them.  The same is true for those not in love with TT.  ignore the top 3 "boasters".

IMO what some people won't accept is being told that Taylor is actually better than he is.    Those who are constantly over praising TT are the CoT.   And like with any board people get lumped into a group even when they are not part of said group.   

Transplant often  refers to me as being like xRUSHx, because xRUSHx likes a lot of what I post.   That does not mean I agree with xRUSHx all the time.  

FWIW - look at my preseason prediction.  I said 9 to 11 wins.   Mainly because addition by subtraction of Rex and Rob.  

This core team with Taylor should have improved.  Somehow the Redzone scoring diminished and TT had two very horrible sub 36 QB rated games., (his worst season yet).  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan