Rumored Gillette Stadium Antics

judman

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Honestly would anything surprise you?? There was an ESPN report I believe on how the Patriots had a lip reading expert in the stands to try and capture coordinator calls on the sideline...

Wouldnt be surprised if Ernie Adams is somehow involved...Adams seems to be an integral part of Bellichick's success but nobody knows exactly what he does...

I wouldnt be surprised if he is the one who has come up with some ingenious ways for the Patriots to exploit the gray areas of the rule book and why the Patriots seem to always be a step ahead of everyone else...

Bellichick would seemingly be lost without him, its said they communicate a lot during games with Bellichick asking for his opinion quite a bit...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/29/mysterious-ernie-adams-patriots-man-behind-curtain/IrNCfgrysUphGpkcIjEaBL/amp.html

I believe Ernie is a Russian hacker and hacks the NFL replay system showing th eggy in NY different views than what we all see

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah sounds ridiculous.  Best part is the OP heard it from some dude in a bar.

I don't think it sounds ridiculous at all.

I think the details of what exactly was going on have not been well explained, but The Wiz is explaining it probably the way it played out, if it played out at all. 

I have no doubt that the Patriots do this sort of thing or at least try to do this sort of thing.

Remember a year or 2 ago?  Chris Collinsworth on SNF said that EVERYONE he knows in the game has told him of communications problems playing in Foxboro at one time or another.  

Chris never says a bad word about anyone or anything and is always artificially positive...and yet he said this with a tone like "who are we kidding, something sleazy is going on up there in Foxboro and everyone knows it!"

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Honestly would anything surprise you?? There was an ESPN report I believe on how the Patriots had a lip reading expert in the stands to try and capture coordinator calls on the sideline...

Wouldnt be surprised if Ernie Adams is somehow involved...Adams seems to be an integral part of Bellichick's success but nobody knows exactly what he does...

I wouldnt be surprised if he is the one who has come up with some ingenious ways for the Patriots to exploit the gray areas of the rule book and why the Patriots seem to always be a step ahead of everyone else...

Bellichick would seemingly be lost without him, its said they communicate a lot during games with Bellichick asking for his opinion quite a bit...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/29/mysterious-ernie-adams-patriots-man-behind-curtain/IrNCfgrysUphGpkcIjEaBL/amp.html

Got a link for the lip reader ESPN story?  I couldn't find it.

What I wouldn't put past BB is paying a guy to stare at the Bills coaching booths to freak them out and crap their pants.

But anyway, if Dennison thought he wasbeing spied on, the last thing he ould logically do is go out in the open to the sideline.  They would just have the "vendor" tossed. 

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I don't think it sounds ridiculous at all.

I think the details of what exactly was going on have not been well explained, but The Wiz is explaining it probably the way it played out, if it played out at all. 

I have no doubt that the Patriots do this sort of thing or at least try to do this sort of thing.

Remember a year or 2 ago?  Chris Collinsworth on SNF said that EVERYONE he knows in the game has told him of communications problems playing in Foxboro at one time or another.  

Chris never says a bad word about anyone or anything and is always artificially positive...and yet he said this with a tone like "who are we kidding, something sleazy is going on up there in Foxboro and everyone knows it!"

I dont either...all teams are paranoid aboit what happens in Foxboro...and likely for good reason...I'm sure all teams have stories that on their face sound ridiculous but when you start piecing them together you see a pattern of the Patriots trying to gain any advantage they can in any way possible...some of which might sound ridiculous.

Anyone know where the visiting OC would sit at Gillette Stadium?

Is it possible it would be in the row of windows immediately adjacent to the red seats in this photo?  Like the guy sitting in the highest row of red seats could reach through the window and touch the OC in a certain set of windows.  Or would the OC be up above that in a booth in that double level of windows that has no seats immediately in front of it? 

Looking at this photo I would say it's possible someone could be out in the red seats and strangely staring at what happens inside the booth, depending on where it was exactly.  

I assume the stadium is built symmetrically so it is the same on the other side of the field.

c752c32569f341ae9c57db077864adaf.jpg?ito

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Got a link for the lip reader ESPN story?  I couldn't find it.

What I wouldn't put past BB is paying a guy to stare at the Bills coaching booths to freak them out and crap their pants.

But anyway, if Dennison thought he wasbeing spied on, the last thing he ould logically do is go out in the open to the sideline.  They would just have the "vendor" tossed. 

I couldnt find it either but I believe its refernced in this article about Harrison accusing them of stealing 90% of their blitz calls...ironically he is now a member of the dark side...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elitedaily.com/sports/history-new-england-patriots-allegedly-cheating/910436/amp

Just now, matter2003 said:

I couldnt find it either but I believe its refernced in this article about Harrison accusing them of stealing 90% of their blitz calls...ironically he is now a member of the dark side...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elitedaily.com/sports/history-new-england-patriots-allegedly-cheating/910436/amp

As NoSaint has said, it would make no sense to dress up a guy as a vendor who could easily be thrown out or shoo'ed away.  They would just have someone in a seat do it.  And Dennison choosing to leave the booth makes the story impossible to believe.

If there is any truth to this, it would be more likely that BB wants the Bills to know he's messing with them.

• Like (+1) 1

I heard them on the John Murphy show joking and speculating that this was a possible reason he moved out of the booth, but they were just joking and made it up on the spot. Maybe that is where the story spread from? They also joked about the Pats intercepting radio waves and such.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As NoSaint has said, it would make no sense to dress up a guy as a vendor who could easily be thrown out or shoo'ed away.  They would just have someone in a seat do it.  And Dennison choosing to leave the booth makes the story impossible to believe.

If there is any truth to this, it would be more likely that BB wants the Bills to know he's messing with them.

I would think it would be a guy with binoculars somewhere with an unobscured view of the Bills coaches box

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So he was outside a closed booth, watching the booth?

Isn't there a TV camera in the booth?

Have you heard of glass?  Is is a transparent material and windows are made from it.  The front of the booth is covered in the stuff.