Jags had weakest schedule in 2017

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

its going to come down to Tyrod not making mistakes and making consistent plays.

i just hope clay doesnt drop the ball this game (knock on wood)

While Clay dropped the sure TD against NE, he has been awesome through the season.  It has been a long time since we actually had a pass catching TE that could both stretch the field and be at the same time the Safety valve for the QB.  Without Clay, this offense has been pretty pedestrian

8 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

If we get a few picks, we win.

That was our formula earlier in the season. That’s how we beat Atlanta. 

And with Gains finally back, the timing could be perfect. I want to BILL-EVE we can win on Sunday. 

48 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Marrone doesn’t worry me as much as Dareus. When motivated Marcel can be a game changer. 

I think he will probably dominate in the first quarter but could see him going back to being Marcell for the rest of the 3 quarters.  When a player has to be motivated and not naturally motivated....I think the dominance is temporary.  

At least I hope so.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

If we can cook up a good enough offensive scheme and executionnto go up by 14 points early.. i could see Bortles throwing a few back breaking picks that give us the game.

Its gonna be a close defensive stand off as long as our offense moves the ball enough for the defense to catch its breath and rest up.

If our defense gets worn out, theyre gonna run all over us.

3 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

If we can cook up a good enough offensive scheme and executionnto go up by 14 points early.. i could see Bortles throwing a few back breaking picks that give us the game.

Its gonna be a close defensive stand off as long as our offense moves the ball enough for the defense to catch its breath and rest up.

If our defense gets worn out, theyre gonna run all over us.

What happens if the Jags go up by 10 early? 

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

What happens if the Jags go up by 10 early? 

We break bortles legs and poison marcels sideline vape with pcp.

Common sense. Dude.

Bills win. Tyrod surprises. Bills defense create 3 turnovers that win Buffalo its 1st playoff win in 20 years.

i wish we could run the hurry up offense at times. i don't think they do that because of how long tt holds on to the ball. that would be asking an awful lot from our line and i think that's why we almost never see it. however, i think it would be a great way to get that jags d confused,rattled and gassed right off the bat allowing us to get up a couple of scores.

i think our chances on a win are 50/50 and would bet that hauschka makes the difference and would be most likely how we win it. bills 20-17. bills go up 14-3 at the half, but in usual bills fashion let the jags back in it. fg in the 3rd and fg with 3min. left in the 4th. sack or pick seals it.

8 hours ago, LA Grant said:

lol. We get it, you hate Tyrod

My reasoning for why Bills have advantage over Jags in passing game is (1) I think it's more likely Bortles will commit a turnover than Tyrod; (2) we finally have Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay healthy at the same time, which hasn't happened much, and I think we're going to need to rely on those weapons with McCoy out or limited, and I think the fact that we have big targets could give the Jags' talented secondary some trouble.

We'll see what happens. If I'm right, I'm sure we won't be hearing from you, which will make a great day even better. If Bortles outperforms Tyrod, congrats to you on your campaigning.

I don't hate Tyrod. Quite the opposite, actually. I like the guy a lot, I think he's an exceptional professional athlete and seems like a great person, too. 

I've just had enough of people pretending he is even a good NFL quarterback. You saying the Bills have the "edge" in passing offense was beyond absurd, especially since it was solely based on turnovers. Who cares about turnovers if you can't move the ball or score points? I've never seen anything like #teamtyrod's obsession with this INT stat.

The only difference between an INT and a punt is field position, which is also ridiculously overrated. When you're playing against a good or great QB, that doesn't really matter anyway since they can chew up yardage quickly and efficiently -- the very opposite of the Tyrod Taylor offense. 

His limitations as a passer and inability to run even a marginally functional passing offense have cost the Bills multiple wins this year. 

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

I don't hate Tyrod. Quite the opposite, actually. I like the guy a lot, I think he's an exceptional professional athlete and seems like a great person, too. 

I've just had enough of people pretending he is even a good NFL quarterback. You saying the Bills have the "edge" in passing offense was beyond absurd, especially since it was solely based on turnovers. Who cares about turnovers if you can't move the ball or score points? I've never seen anything like #teamtyrod's obsession with this INT stat.

The only difference between an INT and a punt is field position, which is also ridiculously overrated. When you're playing against a good or great QB, that doesn't really matter anyway since they can chew up yardage quickly and efficiently -- the very opposite of the Tyrod Taylor offense. 

His limitations as a passer and inability to run even a marginally functional passing offense have cost the Bills multiple wins this year. 

Tyrod definitely has limitations, no argument. The disagreement is that I think those limitations could be mitigated into a far more productive and effective offense if we ran a scheme that emphasized his strengths more (run-option, downfield throws, rolling pocket) and limited his weaknesses (pure pocket WCO).

Considering the organizational dysfunction that's happened with the Bills during Tyrod's three years, I've been impressed with the growth of his game. Last year, it was "Tyrod can't throw over the middle." Well, this year we saw he can certainly throw over the middle.

Sometimes his play is very frustrating, and I do wish we had a better QB2 option than a 6th-round rookie. If we had someone like Fitz on the bench, I don't think people would have disagreed with the Chargers decision; at least, I wouldn't have. There are times when we're down in the 4th quarter and you need some QB heroics and he doesn't get it done and it's excruciating. Similarly, I wish we had a Fitz gunslinger on the bench for those moments just because it's like... take the damn shot!!

At the same time, it's a double-edged sword. Because NOT turning the ball over does mean you are going to win games where you wouldn't have if you gifted the other team 7, 10, 14 points. And we generally do not do that. So any of those 1-score wins this year... Tyrod deserves credit there.

And, yes, we all wish we were winning games by more than 1 score and didn't "need" that -- well, that's not the NFL for the most part. As the team continues to hope & pray they find the next Aaron Rodgers, don't shoot yourself in the foot by getting rid of a guy who's strengths have won you games more than his weaknesses have cost you games.

21 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think tt is the reason we don;t run it.

I don't doubt this.

But - I think, if they're going to make a run, something different must be presented offensively. Risky? Probably, but becoming more aggressive could prove beneficial.

13 hours ago, Idandria said:

That was our formula earlier in the season. That’s how we beat Atlanta. 

And with Gains finally back, the timing could be perfect. I want to BILL-EVE we can win on Sunday. 

yessir!

Our secondary seems to be the best unit we put on the field. If we can somehow stifle the Jville run game, Bortles will surely help us succeed.