Dougie and Dareus, Who Gets The Last Laugh?

H2o

When Doug's exit took place there was a lot of mixed emotion on the board. Doug got our team to 9-7, tried a power play, and at the time it backfired. Thinking he had the Jets coaching job in his back pocket Marrone tried to throw his weight around to get a new contract. He really came off like an arrogant douche and ended up on the street. The Jags gave him a shot as OL coach and the Jags line was pretty bad. He fell into the HC job because of the underachieving Gus Bradley and now has maximized his opportunity. It helps that they were able to draft Fournette and play in a weak division, but that defense is top tier. You know this game holds some extra incentive for him. I hope he gets a swift kick in the huevos on Sunday in front of his home crowd.

Marcel Dareus, where do we begin? A guy who showed so much potential for us at one point. His childish behavior, run ins with the league office, and attitude after he cashed in really set us back in more ways than one. Since his trade to Jacksonville he has made a formidable defense that much better. They are only allowing around 60 yards a game rushing since acquiring Dareus from us. If there was EVER a game that he would give maximum effort in you know it will be this one. I hope the fact our guys faced him in practice every day for years works out to our advantage and not his. Another guy who deserves a Martial Law flip kick to the huevos. 

The question is who gets to laugh last? A hurt Shady, a banged up WR group, and a lack of depth at RB all work against us. But one thing this team has that separates them from previous years where we came up just short of the playoffs? This team has heart. They give their all and they play for each other. The defense, if they can stand up against Fournette, gives us a REAL chance in this one. Bortles is sub-par and they have a banged up receiving group as well. Here's to hoping McDermott and Frazier scheme up something perfect and we can pull this thing off. We all know he who laughs last, laughs best. :thumbsup:

Not to blow off your question specifically or be rude, but I just don’t care.  I’m honestly happy to just be in. 

With that being said, it would be great to beat both of them and show them what they quit on. 

It would be awful to lose to St. Doug.  I cannot stand that guy.

As for Dareus, I was against trading him - especially for the used bag of footballs that we got for him. I hope that trade does not bite us in this game.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

It would be awful to lose to St. Doug.  I cannot stand that guy.

As for Dareus, I was against trading him - especially for the used bag of footballs that we got for him. I hope that trade does not bite us in this game.

Bouye and Ramsey vs a non passing offense = easy street for Dougie 

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not to blow off your question specifically or be rude, but I just don’t care.  I’m honestly happy to just be in. 

With that being said, it would be great to beat both of them and show them what they quit on. 

I'm with you in that regard. Look at this stat line for the regular season:

Record: (9-7) Division: (3-3)
vs AFC: (7-5) vs NFC: (2-2)
Home: (6-2) Road: (3-5)
Place: 2nd

Team Rankings: Through Week 16
Total Offense: 29th
Passing: 32nd
Rushing: 6th
Total Defense: 25th
Passing: 18th
Rushing: 30th

How did this team make the post season let alone win 9 games.  Sunday is a tall order for sure.

obviously some fans still have some sort of animosity here.

just one thought about big stuff. I'm sure in his heart he is happy for the bills. he did not want to go and had some close bonds with a few former team mates, especially kyle.

this game should not be looked at with any type of redemption but rather looked at as a great opportunity for the team to advance in the dance.

Jaguars DT Marcell Dareus on playing the Bills in the playoffs: 'You can't make this [stuff] up'

The former All-Pro defensive tackle spent seven seasons in Buffalo.

He still has plenty of friends in the Bills' locker room. He was happy to hear about the Bills' success.

"I just wish I could have helped," Dareus said. "But at the same time, in some kind of way I feel like I did. If I didn't, it is what it is. I'm extremely happy for [Bills defensive tackle] Kyle Williams, extremely happy for [Buffalo center] Eric Wood. The lifers that have been there for all of those years, just extremely happy for those guys."

Both Dareus and Marrone dealt with less-than-ideal exits from Buffalo.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

22 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

obviously some fans still have some sort of animosity here.

just one thought about big stuff. I'm sure in his heart he is happy for the bills. he did not want to go and had some close bonds with a few former team mates, especially kyle.

this game should not be looked at with any type of redemption but rather looked at as a great opportunity for the team to advance in the dance.

Jaguars DT Marcell Dareus on playing the Bills in the playoffs: 'You can't make this [stuff] up'

The former All-Pro defensive tackle spent seven seasons in Buffalo.

He still has plenty of friends in the Bills' locker room. He was happy to hear about the Bills' success.

"I just wish I could have helped," Dareus said. "But at the same time, in some kind of way I feel like I did. If I didn't, it is what it is. I'm extremely happy for [Bills defensive tackle] Kyle Williams, extremely happy for [Buffalo center] Eric Wood. The lifers that have been there for all of those years, just extremely happy for those guys."

Both Dareus and Marrone dealt with less-than-ideal exits from Buffalo.

Doug created his own exit by trying a power play. Dareus, that's cool he had some kind words. I just hope that we ruin their return to the playoffs and shock some people on Sunday :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Doug created his own exit by trying a power play. Dareus, that's cool he had some kind words. I just hope that we ruin their return to the playoffs and shock some people on Sunday :thumbsup:

I hope so as well. as for doug, well he didn't get his wish but McD sure did, hence whaleys exit.