Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

12 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Tyrod not the answer lets just enjoy these gamess and thank our coach for getting us in there in spite of our QB situation.

I like McDermott but your head is on backwards, friend... should I thank him for throwing away the Chargers game by starting Peterman? Or for trading away the team's top talent for character guys? For going into the season with a receiving core that was all slot guys, none of whom had any time to develop a relationship with the QB? Should Coach be thanked for punting on 4th and short in Miami territory yesterday? Should we thank Rick Dennison for installing an offense that suits exactly 0 of our personnel -- every idiot in the league knows McCoy runs better from shotgun/spread, and Tyrod is clearly a RPO QB, and yet we're running an offense for ghosts of who we might someday have.

Team is in the playoffs for three main reasons:

1. Our secondary is elite -- especially Tre White, Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer. (Obviously credit goes to McD for bringing these guys in)

2. Shady McCoy is a work horse

3. Tyrod Taylor plays smart, efficient, and doesn't turn the ball over

We have a team of over-achievers, which is wonderful... now I'd love to see what happens if we had some consistency in personnel. What does Tyrod look like with a full offseason working with Kelvin Benjamin and Deonte Thompson?

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm a Tyrod fan but sometimes he sucks. The second throw is to OLeary he HAS to make to be a good QB because it's an easy throw. And he misses too many. And he needs to not be the sucky guy more than he is now in order for us to believe or invest in him. 

BUT...

There are several QBs that are better than him that would be worse than him on the Bills. Tyrod haters ignore the ten plays a game he eludes the rush and either throws a bad pass or makes a great completion. Guys like Cousins and Flacco and maybe even Matt Ryan would get killed on the Bills under the rush they get. Even Brady would get killed. Our OL stinks at pass protection. Our WR suck at getting separation. Our OC stinks. Tyrod camouflages our glaring deficiencies. Be careful what you wish for. 

This is wrong. 

The Bills line grades out pretty well actually. Tyrod Taylor's indecisiveness and mobility in the pocket make pass protection far more difficult for the linemen -- they have to hold off defenders longer and they never know where Tyrod is going to end up on a given play. 

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Agreed.

People better be careful what they ask for , who is an available upgrade for Taylor??? 

Give him a run game and good defense and he will reward you with 10+ wins imo.

He wins , is a respected leader by his peers, he's just not one of 4-5 QB in the league that can do it by themselves and unless we have an opportunity at one of those guys, I'd love to build around Tyrod. I said this all year

Draft someone and start a rookie?  start Peterman? Go after a FA? 

None seem like soild options. I’d like to see more from Tyrod sometimes, but you could do worse. A lot worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Idandria said:

None seem like soild options. I’d like to see more from Tyrod sometimes, but you could do worse. A lot worse. 

-57 point differential need much better A lot Better

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is wrong. 

The Bills line grades out pretty well actually. Tyrod Taylor's indecisiveness and mobility in the pocket make pass protection far more difficult for the linemen -- they have to hold off defenders longer and they never know where Tyrod is going to end up on a given play. 

His mobility makes it harder?  Hahahaha.  Any other QB would've been smashed on quite a few drop backs from yesterday when the pocket collapsed so quickly.  He's got his deficiencies for sure, but calling out his mobility as a negative is a stretch my friend.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

I'm guessing it's also because he doesn't "look" like how they want their QB to look but we won't get into that (they get sensitive when they're called on it)...

Please tell us more about amerikkka. 

Which white qb would we have loved who ranks 25th in tds yards etc. 

Enough with this millennial everyone’s a racist horse crap.  

Just now, inaugural balls said:

I'm very thankful. 

Also, we did our part. Shouldn't that be the focus after 17 years? Loosen up - enjoy!

Happy New Year!

Where have i said one bit i am not excited and glad they did their part 

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is wrong. 

"Actually" no. You are wrong.  Our line grades out pretty well for run protection — this is obviously their skillset. They are not great in pass protection. Did you see how much time Peterman got against the Chargers? Okay then.

3 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Yup. Tyrod Haters are really amazing -- Nathan Peterman can literally go in & break the record for most INTs thrown in a half, while Tyrod can take a group of receivers he's barely on a first-name basis with to the playoffs and still they're like "UHHH I dunno guys Peterman looked good to me at times!"

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Thank Dalton for making a pass TT never would attempt

I cant believe the lengths to which you will lie and violate your own integrity to throw negativity on Tyrod. Hes attempted passes like that quite a few times. Literally yhtere are only a few qbs in the league that have that as a staple go to throw in normal situations let alone end if the game needing to score situations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

"Actually" no. You are wrong.  Our line grades out pretty well for run protection — this is obviously their skillset. They are not great in pass protection. Did you see how much time Peterman got against the Chargers? Okay then.

Yup. Tyrod Haters are really amazing -- Nathan Peterman can literally go in & break the record for most INTs thrown in a half, while Tyrod can take a group of receivers he's barely on a first-name basis with to the playoffs and still they're like "UHHH I dunno guys Peterman looked good to me at times!"

Peterman sucked. But you know what TT is not good either. 

Want Better

2 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I cant believe the lengths to which you will lie and violate your own integrity to throw negativity on Tyrod. Hes attempted passes like that quite a few times. Literally yhtere are only a few qbs in the league that have that as a staple go to throw in normal situations let alone end if the game needing to score situations.

Really 4th ans 12 and a checkdown wide open and TT would attempt the pass in a window between three defenders. 

OK SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF VIDEO that shows that anywhere out of his 3 year career 

I am not against the idea of committing to Tyrod.

His improvement opportunities are undeniable and this board certainly calls them out loudly. I worry, however, that he is deemed by many to be "inadequate" in comparison to Rodgers and Brady. That is just silly. I agree that he is not going to the Hall of Fame. 

He has proven that we can win with him. He has proven that he can win with weak supporting casts. He has proven to be mentally and emotionally strong. He is an excellent leader. He has unique tools for the position and we have benefitted from his performance.  He is one of the reasons we are in the playoffs.

If we can do better, great. I guarantee you that we can do a lot worse. Please don't lose sight of that.

• Like (+1) 1

Can't this wait?  I really appreciate and like TT. He's a class act, great teammate and talented. If he could just make the throws and reads a franchise QB needs to make I'd be with you. I really wish it were so. That said, he's our QB in the playoffs and I'm rooting my ass off for him!

• Like (+1) 1