Black Monday 2018

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I'd love to have O'Brien, especially if we draft a QB... I have a hard time believing they'll fire him, though. Awful lot of circumstances down there out of his control. When they were healthy, he had them playing extremely well.

Right supposedly its about a power struggle not on the field coaching stats.

He would be the best to hire at oc imo. 

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Anybody with McDermott connections that would want to be offensive coordinator under him? I can't imagine Dennison was his first choice. Or even his second. He probably had to settle for him.

That being said, it is tough to really get a feel for Dennison given the lack of passing ability he has to deal with.

Mike McCoy was their first choice if rumors were correct.

15 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Right supposedly its about a power struggle not on the field coaching stats.

He would be the best to hire at oc imo. 

If he leaves, he'll get another HC job unfortunately. He'd be the best hire but no way it's even possible

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The problem is that the league is full of retreads who will always get a 2nd chance or even a 3rd chance...

Yup.

I can almost guarantee Jeff Fisher will convince some owner or GM that he can still coach. That the Titans were always competing under him and the Rams, I’d had had another year, look what they are doing.

And if Gruden comes back, that’s another retread. So that leaves 5 openings for new guys. Which isn’t all that many, if you consider McDermott, Joseph, Lynn, McVay and Shanahan were all new coaching hires.

I'm calling a surprise firing...

Mike Mularkey at Tennessee. I think Jon Robinson will put the all out blitz on Josh McDaniels to come there. Perfect match.

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Anyone worth bringing in as an offensive coordinator?

Watch for Jim Caldwell. Seems like a McDermott guy.

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

I'm calling a surprise firing...

Mike Mularkey at Tennessee. I think Jon Robinson will put the all out blitz on Josh McDaniels to come there. Perfect match.

Watch for Jim Caldwell. Seems like a McDermott guy.

The report on Mularkey getting fired with a push for McDaniels is earlier in this thread. Somewhat surprising but already out there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio