What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

I’m all for trading down from 18 and picking up a late 2nd and grabbing Riley Ferguson, Ryan Finley or Mason Rudolph if he is still there.

Outside Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Maybe Mayfield, I’m all for getting more picks. Picking up a late 1st rd QB, extra picks and signing a vet QB to compete.

As I’ve said before, I think the team like Peterman, I too think once the game slows down for Peterman he may be solid.

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have heard this about Rosen a couple times from people on this board. So I will ask again where is this stuff about Rosen’s team mates. 

I wont hold my breath because everytime i ask this it is NEVER produced 

Nobody is saying it’s 100% fact. I too have seen it on this board, folks who claim they know people on campus who have “heard”, I seen the frustration on Elite 11. I did say the Scouts, Coaches GMs will do some digging. They will get the info. 

Im simply said I watched Elite 11 which basically supported some of the “stories” you hear.

Rosen Demeanor cost him... 

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-bruins-stanford-cardinal-josh-rosen-dream-school-101515

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/amp/

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ben Allbright, an nfl blogger out of Denver who has appeared very dialed in, said on Cleveland radio that there are some nfl execs who are turned off by Rosen’s arrogance and personality. Don’t shoot the messenger. That’s just what he said. 

That’s interesting.  I would almost think arrogance would be valued in a QB.

After thinking more about the game last night, I would love to see the Bills get Darnold.  Bad game overall - but some of those throws were amazing. He definitely has a skill set that most do not have.

12 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Nobody is saying it’s 100% fact. I too have seen it on this board, folks who claim they know people on campus who have “heard”, I seen the frustration on Elite 11. I did say the Scouts, Coaches GMs will do some digging. They will get the info. 

Im simply said I watched Elite 11 which basically supported some of the “stories” you hear.

Rosen Demeanor cost him... 

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-bruins-stanford-cardinal-josh-rosen-dream-school-101515

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/amp/

Again dont care one bit about his Senior in HS time. But still no reports of team mate strife. 

And yes i NEVER put stock into an anonymous Scout and Exec putting things out there to try and hurt a prospect to make him fall likely to them in draft

Usually the NFL humbles players and helps them refocus, unless you just “love me some me”! Maybe that’s Rosen maybe he doesn’t have an issue. But there’s a lot of smoke out there.

As I’ve said and been saying. Fans need to quit thinking Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Even Mayfield if he balls the next 2 weeks.

Bills fans should start asking who they want out of Jackson, Rudolph, Ferguson, Finley.... Those are your QBs who will be drafted picks 15-45.

Dont see this FO trading picks unless it’s to get more picks.

5 minutes ago, Success said:

That’s interesting.  I would almost think arrogance would be valued in a QB.

After thinking more about the game last night, I would love to see the Bills get Darnold.  Bad game overall - but some of those throws were amazing. He definitely has a skill set that most do not have.

Arrogance as in, he knows more than coaches and he knows what’s best....

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Baker Mayfield by a mile.  If Rosen goes 1 and Darnold 2, I am offering our 2 firsts this year, 1 of our seconds, plus our first and third next year to get to 3 and take him.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Baker Mayfield by a mile.  If Rosen goes 1 and Darnold 2, I am offering our 2 firsts this year, 1 of our seconds, plus our first and third next year to get to 3 and take him.

We could probably get to #3 with both our 1sts this year and 1st next year....

But fans would go crazy giving up 3 firsts for the 3rd best QB possibly.

7 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

There is ONLY two QBs worth trading up for. 

Mayfield isnt one of them

And for someone that rubs team mates and coaches the wrong way. Hmmm seems they like Rosen

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/UCLA-teammates-and-coaches-rally-around-QB-Josh-Rosen-106605527/Amp

Edited by MAJBobby

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
14 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

You will use all those picks to draft players who will come and go in free agency and the Bills will keep spinning their wheels if they don't find a QB.  

IMO, if Baker Mayfield were 3 inches taller, he would be the best QB prospect since Luck.  To me he is the best QB in the draft and has superstar written all over him.

You will use all those picks to draft players who will come and go in free agency and the Bills will keep spinning their wheels if they don't find a QB.  

IMO, if Baker Mayfield were 3 inches taller, he would be the best QB prospect since Luck.  To me he is the best QB in the draft and has superstar written all over him.

Blah the good ole 3 in taller comment. He has a hood amount of weaknesses

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Blah the good ole 3 in taller comment. He has a hood amount of weaknesses

Elaborate

Elaborate

Sure 

plays behind the best OL in the nation

inconsistent footwork

inconsistent mechanics

doesnt read the entire field

trouble reading the field

doesnt work well in the pocket all the time

maturity

questionable arm

hasnt played top competition 

Just now, Dalton said:

Not a good game for the resume today.  Better off staying in school but a team will take a chance.

He should stay in school get another year of passing development under his belt. Come out next year and be a top 3 pick

26 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I believe your trade scenario is correct to move to Overall #3 or #4.

Is a guy like Mayfield worth that?  I'm asking you and others because I'm not a big College Football fan.

I'm just giving a "what if" scenario.  What if, 2 years into this we are 6-10.

I have no problem trading that draft capital on "an almost sure thing" but......................

My question would be, would it be the end of the world if we had to reload draft picks and wait another year instead of reaching?

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I believe your trade scenario is correct to move to Overall #3 or #4.

Is a guy like Mayfield worth that?  I'm asking you and others because I'm not a big College Football fan.

I'm just giving a "what if" scenario.  What if, 2 years into this we are 6-10.

I have no problem trading that draft capital on "an almost sure thing" but......................

My question would be, would it be the end of the world if we had to reload draft picks and wait another year instead of reaching?

If everyone declares, this draft could easily compare to 2004 (Manning/Rivers/BigBen), or even 1983 (Elway/Kelly/Marino/etc). This franchise has never, not once, taken drafting a QB seriously. We had a shot to trade up and snag Big Ben, but Texans got cold feet and we werent willing to up the offer enough so they couldnt refuse. That could've re-written the past decade+. Even in 1983, they didnt use their first 1st round pick on Kelly.

That needs to change. Especially if they ever want to truly change the soft, losing culture that permeates every building and office at One Bills Drive.

If they identify 3 or 4 worthy prospects, and we really dont have a shot at the first 2, this FO should be ready to do what it takes to ensure they walk away with one of the other remaining guys. We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds to work with this year. We could package both 1sts and a 2nd, and maybe a 4th next year or something. That should get us up pretty far, and we even keep a 2nd this year.

If he busts in a few years, well shucks. Anything can happen. But at least they tried. At least they show they value the most important position in the game. We cant just keep kicking the can down the road and hoping we back into being a Wild Card team.

edit: did some quick googling just because I was curious. Using PFT's draft pick point chart, and assuming we end up #20, and KC #25... Those 2 picks alone give us 1570pts, which if you go by the chart gets us up to #7. Throw in our 2nd round pick (380pts) and our 1950pts gets us up to #4 overall (1800pts). I know this isnt a science, and these numbers are loose and arbitrary, but it gives us some assurance that we do have the resources available to move up, and without having to sell the entire farm.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If everyone declares, this draft could easily compare to 2004 (Manning/Rivers/BigBen), or even 1983 (Elway/Kelly/Marino/etc). This franchise has never, not once, taken drafting a QB seriously. We had a shot to trade up and snag Big Ben, but Texans got cold feet and we werent willing to up the offer enough so they couldnt refuse. That could've re-written the past decade+. Even in 1983, they didnt use their first 1st round pick on Kelly.

That needs to change. Especially if they ever want to truly change the soft, losing culture that permeates every building and office at One Bills Drive.

If they identify 3 or 4 worthy prospects, and we really dont have a shot at the first 2, this FO should be ready to do what it takes to ensure they walk away with one of the other remaining guys. We have 2 1sts and 2 2nds to work with this year. We could package both 1sts and a 2nd, and maybe a 4th next year or something. That should get us up pretty far, and we even keep a 2nd this year.

If he busts in a few years, well shucks. Anything can happen. But at least they tried. At least they show they value the most important position in the game. We cant just keep kicking the can down the road and hoping we back into being a Wild Card team.

Thanks for you reply Dr.

Don't get me wrong, I have been a fan of this team for many decades and know full well our QB situation.

I guess for me it's the "at least they tried" thing that has me wonder if this is the year it has to happen.

If a Mayfield ends up being a Big Ben or Marino I will love it.

Steelers and Dolphins didn't trade 3 1st's and 2 2nds to get them.

Anyone, has there ever been a 3 1st's and 2 2nd trade for a QB?