John Murphy on Friday

Warren Zevon

He just wants to be a "Homer" to PSE and WGR (whomever his actually signs his paychecks) by not prompting a warning letter from the league. His shtick is to be pro Bills and not say anything even remotely controversial....

With that being said he is most definitely one of the BEST play by play guys I have ever heard, and VERY even keel on his analysis  (not afraid to call out the Bills when they stink up the joint). I understand he is also very well respected in league circles FWIW

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

1 hour ago, garybusey said:

Friday John Murphy tore apart a caller because the caller suggested New England constantly gets more favorable calls than Buffalo.

That catch being overturned was karma for Murphy being a homer. 

Yeah but being a Homer is a good thing,Right?

I mean,I know I am.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is he considered a homer if he disagrees that the Pats have the refs in their pockets? Wouldn’t it be the other way around?

though, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t think that, regardless of being a homer or a fan of any team in general 

I simply feel Murph comes across as disingenuous and his analysis seems to suffer because he is such a homer...regardless of the situation with the refs Murph has rose colored glasses on when it comes to the Bills and it becomes almost unlistenable at times imo.

5 hours ago, garybusey said:

Friday John Murphy tore apart a caller because the caller suggested New England constantly gets more favorable calls than Buffalo.

That catch being overturned was karma for Murphy being a homer. 

No just the patriot way.

22 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Him being a homer makes perfect sense and I don't mind it one bit.  That's not to say he doesn't drive me nuts and cannot listen to his show.

Yes but it's annoying when he denies the truth.

5 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

He just wants to be a "Homer" to PSE and WGR (whomever his actually signs his paychecks) by not prompting a warning letter from the league. His shtick is to be pro Bills and not say anything even remotely controversial....

With that being said he is most definitely one of the BEST play by play guys I have ever heard, and VERY even keel on his analysis  (not afraid to call out the Bills when they stink up the joint). I understand he is also very well respected in league circles FWIW

No offense, and I like Murph, but one of the best play by play guys in the league? Not even close. Listen to Greg Papa of the Raiders or Brad Schamm of the Cowboys. They're both in a different league than Murph. 

19 minutes ago, gomper said:

No offense, and I like Murph, but one of the best play by play guys in the league? Not even close. Listen to Greg Papa of the Raiders or Brad Schamm of the Cowboys. They're both in a different league than Murph. 

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Sure they are.

We got Murf.

You got the other guys!