[Misleading Title]Conclusive evidence it was not a catch.

Bash_Gash

Unfortunately, when you watch the video, the ball is still moving at this point.  His foot had just dragged the carpet and kicked up the old tires ... but when he actually had control, his foot then came down again out of bounds and it kicked up more tire.

The best replay that was shown was the split screen that showed it from both sides.  The official was on this side and was shielded from the ball movement, so he made the call based on what he saw.

I think this was the right call, but the 4th down replay was not.

• Like (+1) 1

Does football really have to be this precise?  So precise that we have to take 3 minutes and go frame by frame to find SOMETHING to over turn it? You could literally do this on every play in regards to spots.

Instant rep!at was initially to overturn the obvious missed call.  It's totally out of hand now.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Does football really have to be this precise?  So precise that we have to take 3 minutes and go frame by frame to find SOMETHING to over turn it? You could literally do this on every play in regards to spots.

Instant rep!at was initially to overturn the obvious missed call.  It's totally out of hand now.

This a was a good/bad screwing by Riveron , who is having a fantastic year so far.......

should not have been overturned. watched the replay too many times.  The foot was dragging when had control and crossed the line. even Romo agreed. carefully.

momentum changer for sure.

But that is Buffalo Football.

seem it is  a bit worse this year in general league wide  though.

whatcha gonna do ? just the way it goes.

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

This a was a good/bad screwing by Riveron , who is having a fantastic year so far.......

should not have been overturned. watched the replay too many times.  The foot was dragging when had control and crossed the line. even Romo agreed. carefully.

momentum changer for sure.

But that is Buffalo Football.

seem it is  a bit worse this year in general league wide  though.

whatcha gonna do ? just the way it goes.

The same Romo who didn't know the rule in Pittsburgh, the same Romo who didn't know the rule on the 4rth down extension?

The point is no one knows.  It was called a TD.  Throw-back miracle looks like a forward pass but you cant tell for sure and it was upheld.  No one can say there is clear proof it was not a TD to overrule the call.  If it was called an incomplete catch no one on this board could argue there is definitive proof he had possession when still dragging his foot.  That is not what happened though.  It was called a TD and there was not enough evidence to overturn.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, KW95 said:

The same Romo who didn't know the rule in Pittsburgh, the same Romo who didn't know the rule on the 4rth down extension?

Is that your defense in regard to the "catch"  being overturned

31 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The point is no one knows.  It was called a TD.  Throw-back miracle looks like a forward pass but you cant tell for sure and it was upheld.  No one can say there is clear proof it was not a TD to overrule the call.  If it was called an incomplete catch no one on this board could argue there is definitive proof he had possession when still dragging his foot.  That is not what happened though.  It was called a TD and there was not enough evidence to overturn.

and that is the story line to a "T".

Thanks for the focus

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Is that your defense in regard to the "catch"  being overturned

and that is the story line to a "T".

Thanks for the focus

Nope, I don't work for the NFL so I can't tell you what angle they saw different on whether it was a catch or not, all I can say is that the Romo has been worshipped by many on here yet he makes lots of mistakes during the game.  Let's not forget he works beside Jim Nantz.  

1 hour ago, DC Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately, when you watch the video, the ball is still moving at this point.  His foot had just dragged the carpet and kicked up the old tires ... but when he actually had control, his foot then came down again out of bounds and it kicked up more tire.

The best replay that was shown was the split screen that showed it from both sides.  The official was on this side and was shielded from the ball movement, so he made the call based on what he saw.

I think this was the right call, but the 4th down replay was not.

The yardstick is irrefutable evidence to overturn an official's call. That was not met.

There are really 2 issues here,

1. Did he make the catch while in bounds ?

2. Should the call on the field have been overturned?

After the game , there was this:

Benjamin, for his part, seemed willing to put the whole thing behind him.
"I know the rule when you go to the ground with the ball you got to really have it secured," Benjamin told NFL Network's Kimberly Jones.

"That's why I was kinda trying to pull it in on the impact on the ground, but it wasn't a catch I guess ... overturned it.

Like I said you can't do nothing about it."

Seems like he is admitting it wasn't a clean catch, but the call by the refs was it was a TouchDown, and I don't think it should have been overturned.

Football is entertainment for the masses, to keep them from questioning what's going on with the Government.

18 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Nope, I don't work for the NFL so I can't tell you what angle they saw different on whether it was a catch or not, all I can say is that the Romo has been worshipped by many on here yet he makes lots of mistakes during the game.  Let's not forget he works beside Jim Nantz.  

Oh jeebus. You hit a nerve, Jim should be put to pasture. I almost turned the volume off. I thought Beth Mowins was a chore to listen to. but Nantz seems to drift off. age I suppose

22 minutes ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

If that play is Brady to any Pats receiver its a TD all day....

depends on the spread

20 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

There are really 2 issues here,

1. Did he make the catch while in bounds ?

2. Should the call on the field have been overturned?

After the game , there was this:

Benjamin, for his part, seemed willing to put the whole thing behind him.
"I know the rule when you go to the ground with the ball you got to really have it secured," Benjamin told NFL Network's Kimberly Jones.

"That's why I was kinda trying to pull it in on the impact on the ground, but it wasn't a catch I guess ... overturned it.

Like I said you can't do nothing about it."

Seems like he is admitting it wasn't a clean catch, but the call by the refs was it was a TouchDown, and I don't think it should have been overturned.

Football is entertainment for the masses, to keep them from questioning what's going on with the Government.

he made his point.

• Like (+1) 1

It was ruled a TD on the field.  The rule is you have to have clear evidence the call is incorrect to reverse it.

It's obvious after a couple seconds his foot was down or you can't really tell for 100% certain.  The reason the call took so long was for the powers that be to make up some sort of alibi when they called the play in the Patriots favor. 

• Like (+1) 1