Hope we don’t make playoff

Joaquin1119

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This thread sums up the loser Buffalo mentality pretty well. Do you think any other fan base, with a shot at the playoffs in week 17, is cheering for their team NOT to get in?!? That is so stupid. 

Plenty of that on TSW these days. 

17 hours ago, Joaquin1119 said:

Hate to say, but we don’t deserve to be in the playoff. I know it been since 1999, but I want our team to make it when we are good not “omg let’s hope if that team lose, so we can make it”. TT is driving me nuts. And our D ain’t really that great or good. They above average 

It if makes you feel any better, the only way we’ll make the playoffs is by other teams being more incompetent than ours. 

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This thread sums up the loser Buffalo mentality pretty well. Do you think any other fan base, with a shot at the playoffs in week 17, is cheering for their team NOT to get in?!? That is so stupid. 

I said in a thread last night it won’t surprise me if people are sour if or when we sneak in this year. The proverbial cream will rise to the top around here. 

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

It if makes you feel any better, the only way we’ll make the playoffs is by other teams being more incompetent than ours. 

And by more incompetent you mean by those other teams having a worse record in the end? Because playoffs are calculated by our records from the entire year? Not just this one game. You know this, right....?

On 24/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Joaquin1119 said:

I knew I would get a lot of hate when I post this. But I don’t want my team make the playoff then get destroy. But yet again anything can happen. I’m just really frustrated. I’m pretty sure everyone is too.. 

Soooooo don't go to the playoffs until we are Super Bowl contenders?

17 hours ago, benderbender said:

Context is hard, right?

...Context would mean taking into consideration the entirety of the season into "context".

You are taking the season out of context when you put it all down to this Week 17 game.

For every Panthers and Bengals loss for us, there is a Baltimore loss to the Bears or Titans.

For every Panthers and Bengals loss for us, there is a Tennessee loss to Raiders or Dolphins

For every Panthers and Bengals loss for us, there is a Los Angeles loss to Broncos or Dolphins

Edited by What a Tuel

I wanna make the playoffs just to get that terrible streak out of our way. It is highly unlikely that we do, would take a team or two laying an egg. That being said if by some miracle we do make it we are not built for a run in the playoffs and we are a tier or two below most of the playoff teams. Chiefs we could beat that's about it.

2 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I wanna make the playoffs just to get that terrible streak out of our way. It is highly unlikely that we do, would take a team or two laying an egg. That being said if by some miracle we do make it we are not built for a run in the playoffs and we are a tier or two below most of the playoff teams. Chiefs we could beat that's about it.

We could beat the Jaguars, Chiefs, and (Ravens, Titans, Chargers) based on whoever else makes it. We got beat up by the Chargers in that game, but I think we hit the reset button on it and actually compete in a rematch.

Patriots and Steelers would be challenging for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

We could beat the Jaguars, Chiefs, and (Ravens, Titans, Chargers) based on whoever else makes it. We got beat up by the Chargers in that game, but I think we hit the reset button on it and actually compete in a rematch.

Patriots and Steelers would be challenging for obvious reasons.

I feel like we just played the chargers at the wrong time. They were on fire for a few games in a row they played like the best in the AFC. Titans and Ravens are beatable but if they make it we don't. We would probably be slotted to play the Jaguars and that defense although Garoppolo beat them has been beast most of the year. They do have a suspect QB who hasn't been consistent all year Bortles was on a roll until the 49ers game.

As down as I am on this team and think the future is much bleaker than it is bright under this regime, I'd still take a playoff birth any day if anything to exorcise some demons.

But either way this team is very good and would essentially be backing into the playoffs because other mediorce teams choked.

6 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I feel like we just played the chargers at the wrong time. They were on fire for a few games in a row they played like the best in the AFC. Titans and Ravens are beatable but if they make it we don't. We would probably be slotted to play the Jaguars and that defense although Garoppolo beat them has been beast most of the year. They do have a suspect QB who hasn't been consistent all year Bortles was on a roll until the 49ers game.

Jags would be tough, but I don't think they match up well with us. I think we would have Bortles number.

Just looked at it and the Chargers are actually the team that couldn't make it if we did. So no worries on them. It would either be Baltimore or Tennessee in there if the Bills make it.  We go through New England after the Jags in the majority of scenarios so that is where it ends. However if we did somehow pull off a win, we could end up facing the Titans or Ravens in the AFC Champ game. 

Of course this is all hypothetical. Gotta win sunday and get just a little bit of help.

Edited by What a Tuel

The odds of making it are well under 50/50 IMO.  If we made the playoffs, I think we're out after the wild card game.  It still would be nice to officially end the drought, but if I have to I can wait another year with hopefully a few more holes filled.

On 12/25/2017 at 12:39 AM, Joaquin1119 said:

Hate to say, but we don’t deserve to be in the playoff. I know it been since 1999, but I want our team to make it when we are good not “omg let’s hope if that team lose, so we can make it”. TT is driving me nuts. And our D ain’t really that great or good. They above average 

Still feel this way?

• Haha (+1) 1