CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

4 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

I thought you left? Of course full of lies like all Trumpies, saying they will be leaving but refusing to leave b.c they love to lie.

I thought you guys didn't like fox news anymore, so hard to follow what you Trumpies like and don't like b.c it changes so fast.

You know a Trumpie is having a bad day when they talk about CNN. Ever notice how only Trumpies talk about CNN all the time as if it's an obsession with them.

Are the democrats gonna have to bail you Trumpies out after you give all your money to Trump?

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

(Reuters) - A record number of journalists were imprisoned during 2020, as governments cracked down on coverage of the coronavirus pandemic or tried to suppress reporting of civil unrest, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) said on Tuesday.

FILE PHOTO: Law enforcement officers detaining a journalist who was on assignment are photographed by a Reuters photographer shortly before his detention, in central Minsk, Belarus August 27, 2020. REUTERS/Vasily Fedosenko

At least 274 journalists were in jail as of Dec. 1, the most since the New York-based group began collecting data in the early 1990s, the report said, up from at least 250 last year.

Protests and political tensions were the cause of many arrests, with the most made in China, Turkey, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia, it said.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, authoritarian leaders tried to control reporting by arresting journalists. At least two journalists died after contracting the disease in custody, the report said.

“It’s shocking and appalling that we are seeing a record number of journalists imprisoned in the midst of a global pandemic,” CPJ Executive Director Joel Simon said in a statement.

The report blamed a lack of global leadership on democratic values, and in particular attacks on the media by U.S. President Donald Trump, which it said gave cover to authoritarians to crack down on journalists in their own countries.

Globally, 34 journalists were jailed for “false news” in 2020, compared with 31 last year, it said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/global-rights-journalists-int-idUSKBN28P0DZ

• 2 months later...

They are trying so hard..............😆

Make sure to wear oven mitts before attempting to handle one of the latest opinion pieces served up by CNN, because it’s the hottest of hot takes:

transformative-e1615040250414.jpg

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Make sure to wear oven mitts before attempting to handle one of the latest opinion pieces served up by CNN, because it’s the hottest of hot takes:

I'd say use a pooper scooper and nose clips instead.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

For the liberal agenda, this is true. Pelosi was quoted as saying anything they want instead of open sesame they just need say “open Biden” she said it repeatedly with jubilance.  

if anyone has an issue with the alt left agenda, it’s probably time to find a new country. The alt right while just as deplorable have been obliterated but they took conservatism with them. 

• 2 weeks later...

In case you missed it, the Vatican has officially stated that the Catholic Church can’t bless same-sex unions:

I'm not really sure why this is breaking news to anyone.

But let the record show that CNN’s Don Lemon has some thoughts on the matter:

You don’t even have to believe in God to know that judgment is kinda God’s thing. It’s one of the things he’s best known for.

Just like saying something dumb is one of the things Don Lemon is best known for.

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In case you missed it, the Vatican has officially stated that the Catholic Church can’t bless same-sex unions:

I'm not really sure why this is breaking news to anyone.

But let the record show that CNN’s Don Lemon has some thoughts on the matter:

You don’t even have to believe in God to know that judgment is kinda God’s thing. It’s one of the things he’s best known for.

Just like saying something dumb is one of the things Don Lemon is best known for.

Why any institution committed to faith, love and doing good for one another would cast out any individuals for wanting to commit themselves to another person based on attraction and love is; beyond me. Marriage is great for society. If they got over pork and lobster tail you’d think they could accept maybe people that love eachother with similar genitals that are willing to practice all of their other rules wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why any institution committed to faith, love and doing good for one another would cast out any individuals for wanting to commit themselves to another person based on attraction and love is; beyond me. Marriage is great for society. If they got over pork and lobster tail you’d think they could accept maybe people that love eachother with similar genitals that are willing to practice all of their other rules wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

They are not "casting anyone out" 

https://apnews.com/article/vatican-decree-same-sex-unions-cannot-bless-sin-077944750c975313ad253328e4cf7443

The Vatican’s orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response to a question about whether Catholic clergy have the authority to bless gay unions. The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was “negative.”

The note distinguished between the church’s welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions. It argued that such unions are not part of God’s plan and that any sacramental recognition of them could be confused with marriage.

The Vatican holds that gay people must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is “intrinsically disordered.” Catholic teaching says that marriage is a lifelong union between a man and woman, is part of God’s plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.

“The presence in such relationships of positive elements, which are in themselves to be valued and appreciated, cannot justify these relationships and render them legitimate objects of an ecclesial blessing, since the positive elements exist within the context of a union not ordered to the Creator’s plan,” the response said.

Francis has endorsed providing gay couples with legal protections in same-sex unions, but that was in reference to the civil sphere, not within the church. Those comments were made during a 2019 interview with a Mexican broadcaster, Televisa

ADDED:   Roman Catholic Church Affirms Teaching on Marriage, Media Hardest Hit.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/03/15/breaking-roman-catholic-church-affirms-teaching-on-marriage-media-hardest-hit-n1432533

Edited by B-Man

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They are not "casting anyone out" 

https://apnews.com/article/vatican-decree-same-sex-unions-cannot-bless-sin-077944750c975313ad253328e4cf7443

The Vatican’s orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal response to a question about whether Catholic clergy have the authority to bless gay unions. The answer, contained in a two-page explanation published in seven languages and approved by Pope Francis, was “negative.”

The note distinguished between the church’s welcoming and blessing of gay people, which it upheld, but not their unions. It argued that such unions are not part of God’s plan and that any sacramental recognition of them could be confused with marriage.

The Vatican holds that gay people must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is “intrinsically disordered.” Catholic teaching says that marriage is a lifelong union between a man and woman, is part of God’s plan and is intended for the sake of creating new life.

“The presence in such relationships of positive elements, which are in themselves to be valued and appreciated, cannot justify these relationships and render them legitimate objects of an ecclesial blessing, since the positive elements exist within the context of a union not ordered to the Creator’s plan,” the response said.

Francis has endorsed providing gay couples with legal protections in same-sex unions, but that was in reference to the civil sphere, not within the church. Those comments were made during a 2019 interview with a Mexican broadcaster, Televisa

ADDED:   Roman Catholic Church Affirms Teaching on Marriage, Media Hardest Hit.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/03/15/breaking-roman-catholic-church-affirms-teaching-on-marriage-media-hardest-hit-n1432533

ok splitting hairs a little, but marriage is a good thing. Im just not sure why they Dont revise the narrative. Are they trying to insinuate same sex attraction wasn’t gods plan but the almighty effed it up? 

Just seems like they’d promote ubiquity of the very positive institution of marriage, of individuals committing well being to eachother along with family and inclusion over some poorly concluded, many times over translated and transcribed conflicting Old Testament stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Matrimony is based on the words     "to make a mother", and being parents is a sacred thing to Catholics, like me. Gay marriage is one of the few things I feel the Church does need to change on since so many people get married in church and literally never show again. I though do think that we should simply change the legal definition of marriage to legal union and allow any couple to be allowed. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ok splitting hairs a little, but marriage is a good thing. Im just not sure why they don't revise the narrative. Are they trying to insinuate same sex attraction wasn’t gods plan but the almighty effed it up? 

Just seems like they’d promote ubiquity of the very positive institution of marriage, of individuals committing well being to each other along with family and inclusion over some poorly concluded, many times over translated and transcribed conflicting Old Testament stuff. 

I understand your frustration.

But it is not a narrative, it is a fundamental teaching of the Catholic Church since it's inception thousands of years ago, and those do not change with the different beliefs of the day.  Just as Judaism, Islam and all the other major religions.

P.S

Thank you for disagreeing so politely, all too rare on this board.

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I understand your frustration.

But it is not a narrative, it is a fundamental teaching of the Catholic Church since it's inception thousands of years ago, and those do not change with the different beliefs of the day.  Just as Judaism, Islam and all the other major religions.

P.S

Thank you for disagreeing so politely, all too rare on this board.

Agree on PS. Polite debate is recreational and can be educational. 

Over time the Catholic Church has morphed stances and interpretations, albeit slowly. But they like other organized religions are a means of people control and a political organization. 

So I’m curious, for example, any from of artificial birth control or the opposite, IVF or fertility treatment, is immoral.

An child born from IVF can still be baptized and married in a Catholic Church and a couple who has used BC can still be married, a couple who hooked up pre maritally, self serviced  or divorced can still be blessed (presuming this is a desired thing) in the catholic culture, why not same sex marriage?

I’ve tried understanding the biblical mandate, but it seems open to interpretation. 

At the end of the day believe what you want to believe I guess, I just don’t understand why same sex marriage bothers people or institution, especially if within the context of that union the individuals wish to practice all the moral values that help contribute to the greater good.

It’s wrong because a 2000 yr old book say so.. we then so are hair cuts, beard trims, tossing a football and don’t even think about that bacon wrapped shrimp. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agree on PS. Polite debate is recreational and can be educational. 

Over time the Catholic Church has morphed stances and interpretations, albeit slowly. But they like other organized religions are a means of people control and a political organization. 

So I’m curious, for example, any from of artificial birth control or the opposite, IVF or fertility treatment, is immoral.

An child born from IVF can still be baptized and married in a Catholic Church and a couple who has used BC can still be married, a couple who hooked up pre maritally, self serviced  or divorced can still be blessed (presuming this is a desired thing) in the catholic culture, why not same sex marriage?

I’ve tried understanding the biblical mandate, but it seems open to interpretation. 

At the end of the day believe what you want to believe I guess, I just don’t understand why same sex marriage bothers people or institution, especially if within the context of that union the individuals wish to practice all the moral values that help contribute to the greater good.

It’s wrong because a 2000 yr old book say so.. we then so are hair cuts, beard trims, tossing a football and don’t even think about that bacon wrapped shrimp. 

Because it is active sin.

The Catholic Church to my knowledge does not "bless" bacon wrapped shrimp.

Can someone explain to me why the Catholics and Christians are expected to change their doctrine?  I mean, sure maybe it would be nice.  But honestly, why should all those dudes in robes speaking Latin by candle light give a ***** what we think?

33 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because it is active sin.

The Catholic Church to my knowledge does not "bless" bacon wrapped shrimp.

Can someone explain to me why the Catholics and Christians are expected to change their doctrine?  I mean, sure maybe it would be nice.  But honestly, why should all those dudes in robes speaking Latin by candle light give a ***** what we think?

look, this business is about subscribers.

I was raised catholic and then shut down when I started asking ‘why’ and the answers were wrote BS with no good answers. Hypocrisy was rife. later on after tepidly rejecting the system, My wife being  Jewish- even that was a ‘problem’

Sin? Any intercourse not intent on procreation is a mortal sin. Let’s call all of those out that engage in this travesty out into the street and stone them! 

Bottom line is, religion is good, because it keeps the god fearing flock on the straight and narrow and invokes the ‘hell eternity’ fear of doing bad things and teaches being good to others. 

As the general education level of society rises, they need to evolve with it or become obsolete. being inclusive is such an easy win for these religions to bring in more to the flock. 

It’s not ones fault you are biochemically attracted to whomever you are just the same for everyone else.

I rarely get irritated, but I’m really tired of institutions treating really good people living their life as defective when they contribute 10 times more to society than the dissenters.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

look, this business is about subscribers.

I was raised catholic and then shut down when I started asking ‘why’ and the answers were wrote BS with no good answers. Hypocrisy was rife. later on after tepidly rejecting the system, My wife being  Jewish- even that was a ‘problem’

Sin? Any intercourse not intent on procreation is a mortal sin. Let’s call all of those out that engage in this travesty out into the street and stone them! 

Bottom line is, religion is good, because it keeps the god fearing flock on the straight and narrow and invokes the ‘hell eternity’ fear of doing bad things and teaches being good to others. 

As the general education level of society rises, they need to evolve with it or become obsolete. being inclusive is such an easy win for these religions to bring in more to the flock. 

It’s not ones fault you are biochemically attracted to whomever you are just the same for everyone else.

I rarely get irritated, but I’m really tired of institutions treating really good people living their life as defective when they contribute 10 times more to society than the dissenters.

Getting pretty emotional there huh. The Catholic Church didn't say stone them, it said they couldn't bless them.  I doubt Pope Francis would bless premarital sex either.

I do enjoy when people shake their fist at religious institutions about "contributing to society" when Christians at large are routinely the most charitable demographic, at least in the US.  But please go on about the populations "contributing 10 times more to society."

Why can't the Catholics just be Catholics?  Why can't they live their view of a "good life" without you butting in?

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Getting pretty emotional there huh. The Catholic Church didn't say stone them, it said they couldn't bless them.  I doubt Pope Francis would bless premarital sex either.

I do enjoy when people shake their fist at religious institutions about "contributing to society" when Christians at large are routinely the most charitable demographic, at least in the US.  But please go on about the populations "contributing 10 times more to society."

Why can't the Catholics just be Catholics?  Why can't they live their view of a "good life" without you butting in?

Because you’re just as hypocritical as the political parties.

the 2000 year old book says don’t eat shrimp, you own your wife and anyone who believes anything other than you is going to hell. 

This doesn’t stir any questions in your mind?

I understand citing all outcomes as ‘gods will’ avoids having to understand and learn. 

don’t buy it. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because you’re just as hypocritical as the political parties.

the 2000 year old book says don’t eat shrimp, you own your wife and anyone who believes anything other than you is going to hell. 

This doesn’t stir any questions in your mind?

I understand citing all outcomes as ‘gods will’ avoids having to understand and learn. 

don’t buy it. 

How am I hypocritical?

I’m not even a Catholic. Why won’t you just let them believe what they want?

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

How am I hypocritical?

I’m not even a Catholic. Why won’t you just let them believe what they want?

well you sound like one, with your crusade of hating Chan so many years later.. 🙄 

they can, I’m just pointing out that they pick and choose which biblical sins are valid and which ones are just, just “silly mid evil times stuff....”  and that with a modern day figurehead that’s allowed to claim he spoke to god whenever he feels like and update the message. 

they can absolutely believe as they like, I just consider it bad for subscribers to be exclusionary, and that is what these power structures exist for, keep the subscriber base. 

Homophobia is just another bigoted idea I was brought up being told was a fact by the Catholic cult. And once I saw the world with my own eyes I realized the real blasphemy was being taught to exclude people. I’ll admit some of it is guilt. I feel like a moron for once believing someone could be immoral for who they love. Ironically that teaching was the real immorality.