QB situation?

rocky61

I am a Canadian fan for over 30 years...I come to Buffalo twice a year. I've been reading some of the comments about our QB Tayor. I watched Taylor give us 5 wins before the collapse in New York. Taylor is a good QB, it's Dennison that is the problem. I see good things in Peterman as well. Just a very bad start, against a very good team. Why send in a rookie with no NFL experience, out on the West Coast. We need to draft another QB, yes...but he (new QB) and Peterman need time to get used to this professional way to do their jobs. Dennison has not built his play book around Tyrod. I can see giving Tyrod another year. As a true Bills fan, I hope the new stadium is near the border, and, I'm hoping it is a retractable roof. It keeps more fans coming, in the coldest of days. Oh, I can handle the cold, but it ain't the best when you can't see the team because of the snow. We could also be looking at hosting a Super Bowl, because of the roof.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, rocky61 said:

I am a Canadian fan for over 30 years...I come to Buffalo twice a year. I've been reading some of the comments about our QB Tayor. I watched Taylor give us 5 wins before the collapse in New York. Taylor is a good QB, it's Dennison that is the problem. I see good things in Peterman as well. Just a very bad start, against a very good team. Why send in a rookie with no NFL experience, out on the West Coast. We need to draft another QB, yes...but he (new QB) and Peterman need time to get used to this professional way to do their jobs. Dennison has not built his play book around Tyrod. I can see giving Tyrod another year. As a true Bills fan, I hope the new stadium is near the border, and, I'm hoping it is a retractable roof. It keeps more fans coming, in the coldest of days. Oh, I can handle the cold, but it ain't the best when you can't see the team because of the snow. We could also be looking at hosting a Super Bowl, because of the roof.

It is hard for anyone to build a play book around a scrambling QB who hesitates to throw to a spot and trusting his receiver to be there.  we have seen three OC try this with limited success over the last two years.   The Bills need a pocket QB or let the QB play himself like a Michael Vick.

If we are being honest the defense is mostly responsible for the wins. Look at the Carolina Panthers game for an example of an offence that can't produce enough to win when the defense has. 

I won't make it all about Tyrod. I'm no expert and won't claim to know, but it's easy for me to say the offense has been below keeping us competitive. Chance are the offense can not come back down two or three scores. We don't have an offence thar the Bills are walking away up by two or 3 touchdowns.

The offense has been the Bills weak link in the chain for most games this year. I don't care what moves they make but they have serious problems on offense. 

I don't want another year if Bills hanging around in games hoping the defense can keep holding the game. If I was the HC the offensive production in games would concern me and be a focus of mine anyway.

Taylor may be a good QB. I respect him. I don't forget he's the general on the side of the ball that hasn't been very special at all this year. They have moments it shines but it's not even consistent enough to be happy about.

The offence might shine and have two really good drives. Then the rest of the game it stalls and your either praying on the offence waking up or the defense holding the game till the end. That isn't good.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

Rocky- Welcome to the board.  I agree 100% with you.  TT should be here one more year and draft a QB and hope.  I don't know that much about Perterman but that is up to the coaches.  I am not a fan of Dennison at all.  Go Bill's  

...his 2018 salary is $10 mil and he is due a roster bonus in March of $6 mil for a total tariff of $16 mil......are you willing to keep him around for that money?.............

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re such a joy here..

Rocky61, please disregard his post -and all his posts. (We have a Block feature)

Welcome aboard.

....nice to see the TBD Red Carpet rolled out for a first time poster, isn't it?........sand in thy jockey shorts does have an adverse effect.....Jesus....BTW, welcome Rocky61....

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...his 2018 salary is $10 mil and he is due a roster bonus in March of $6 mil for a total tariff of $16 mil......are you willing to keep him around for that money?.............

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

(very strange contract. Appears if they keep him through 2018 his contract auto voids yet Bills on hook for over 10 mill in dead cap spread over 3 years)

His cap hit is 18 mill if on team next year. 8.640 mill if cut.

So would cost approx. 9.36 mill to keep him next year. Not 16 mill you state.

A little high for a back up. Bargain for starter.

Edited by cba fan

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re such a joy here..

Rocky61, please disregard his post -and all his posts. (We have a Block feature)

Welcome aboard.

Haha, yeah thanks man

Hey there Rocky61, welcome to the board. Being a big fan of all Canadians(especially your beer and strippers eh) I figured you would enjoy the humor sadly some Buffalo friends did not get the joke and take everything to heart. Again welcome to the board where you need thick skin to be able to handle some of posts but it is filled with lots of good people all enjoying the same as you, the Bills. Go Buffalo, down the pattys