Why I wouldn't want Cousins in Buffalo

essential

I truly believe that Cousins will improve once he’s out of Washington. The guy has had one foot out the door for a while. He doesn’t want to be there, and a change in scenery might be all he needs. 

39 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I find it interesting how Cousins is blamed for the lack of team success yet Tyrod is defended by the lack of team excuse.

Yes, people are just afraid of more QB disappointment. It causes them to shy away from liking the idea of Cousins. I was a major supporter of the upcoming QB draft class during the previous offseason. My opinion has changed dramatically, and I now see Cousins as the best option. 

48 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

He's been to the playoffs twice. Once on him alone being the QB. 

He's been to the playoffs once as the starting QB. Lets not try and give him credit for when Griffin was winning rookie of the year.

Edited by matter2003

20 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I doubt this current front office makes a huge push for Cousins. We have to wait to see if the guy even hits free agency first. Washington can franchise him for a third time which would cost them like $34 million and that would equal out to something like $78 million for three seasons. He made $20 mil in 2016 and $24 million this season. Regardless if he's the best QB in the league, it's likely he's going to be the highest paid one just because of how the market works now. Wherever he lands he's likely signing the largest QB contract in NFL history. 

Everything Team McBeane has said points to them drafting and developing their own guy. And I think that guy is gonna be Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen. I'm not saying these are my personal choices but based on things Beane has said about what he looks for in a QB, these guys fit his description. It's one of those two if they can't move up and get Rosen or Darnold (who may return to USC). 

Is Neil O'Donnell busy? How about Steve DeBerg? What's Dave Krieg up to? Bills really missed the boat on those dudes. They're off winning numerous Plooper Bowls. 

I think that if we end up with Rudolph or Allen, fans will be wishing that we gave Cousins whatever he wanted for years to come. Rudolph and Allen would be very Losman/Manuel like imo. 

When has the highest paid player, in any position, turned out to be worth the money? Serious question.

Brees? But the saints were terrible for a few years immediately afterwords, right? So was it worth it? I suppose if they win another Superbowl with him - That would be worth it.

Maybe I just answered my own question. So, other than Brees, how many other Mega-Contracts have worked out for the betterment of the team? 

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

When has the highest paid player, in any position, turned out to be worth the money? Serious question.

Brees? But the saints were terrible for a few years immediately afterwords, right? So was it worth it? I suppose if they win another Superbowl with him - That would be worth it.

Maybe I just answered my own question. So, other than Brees, how many other Mega-Contracts have worked out for the betterment of the team? 

Saints won a Super Bowl. I don’t think they need to do anymore to prove the Brees signing as a success. How many QB mega contract free agents have there been though? It’s not common for a decent QB to be available in his prime. I don’t think it’s fair to talk about free agent signings at other positions. Cousins availability as a QB is a unique situation. Free agent history at other positions are not relevant to Cousins imo.  

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

That Cian Fahey quote seems to be describing Tyrod perfectly.

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Mario Williams was great here for a couple of years :)

Edited by BigDingus

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Saints won a Super Bowl. I don’t think they need to do anymore to prove the Brees signing as a success. How many QB mega contract free agents have there been though? It’s not common for a decent QB to be available in his prime. 

I was referring to Brees most recent contract, three years ago, I think. Wasnt that the biggest contract ever at that time?It severely impacted the talent surrounding him, and the team sucked for three years. 

Was it worth it? Jury is still out on that one, I guess.

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That Cian Fahey quote seems to be describing Tyrod perfectly.

Mario Williams was great here for a couple of years :)

Yep. A couple of years that resulted in the Same Ol Bills. 

I wouldn’t hate Cousins on Buffalo. I’d prefer Alex Smith as long as the Bills draft a QB within the first two rounds this and next year.

Smith is only 33 and would be a definite upgrade over Taylor, plus he’d provide his successor enough time to get acclimated.

Ultimately, I’d love for the Vikings to let Bridgewater walk and the Bills sign him.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I was referring to Brees most recent contract, three years ago, I think. Wasnt that the biggest contract ever at that time?It severely impacted the talent surrounding him, and the team sucked for three years. 

Was it worth it? Jury is still out on that one, I guess.

This is why you have to draft well. The over importance of QB has led to this dilemma. Over paying a QB isn’t something that I’d worry about. It’s a necessity in today’s NFL. You just have to build with what little you have left. Only the Pats with their shady ways can avoid this situation. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I wouldn’t hate Cousins on Buffalo. I’d prefer Alex Smith as long as the Bills draft a QB within the first two rounds this and next year.

Smith is only 33 and would be a definite upgrade over Taylor, plus he’d provide his successor enough time to get acclimated.

Ultimately, I’d love for the Vikings to let Bridgewater walk and the Bills sign him.

This whole post is gross.

I would rather sign Smith to a cheaper, less-risky deal. Cousins scares me because of the franchise limiting salary he will command. I agree with the article in that I do not think he will carry the franchise by himself like Rodgers does GB. 

On 12/26/2017 at 12:05 PM, Jay_Fixit said:

Distinct possibility. Bridgewater won't accept a back up role, but if you're the Vikings, there's no way you go away from Keenum, is there?

I was all about Cousins when he was coming out and I got poo pooed on the old board.
An improved front 7 with Smith, Cousins, Bridgewater or Foles (yea I said it, wanted him as well, to replace Fitz in Gailey's system) and I think this team would be legitimate for a few years.

Hopefully we don't get all Billsy and do something dumb like draft Rudolph.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Distinct possibility. Bridgewater won't accept a back up role, but if you're the Vikings, there's no way you go away from Keenum, is there?

I was all about Cousins when he was coming out and I got poo pooed on the old board.
An improved front 7 with Smith, Cousins, Bridgewater or Foles (yea I said it, wanted him as well, to replace Fitz in Gailey's system) and I think this team would be legitimate for a few years.

This is the Luka that I’ve grown to love.

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Foles. :lol::lol:

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foles. :lol::lol:

Still leaps and bounds better than Tyrod. I always prepare for the worst. As fun as it is to picture Cousins or Bridgewater in a Bills uniform, it's more likely we end up with someone like Foles or Bradford.

The only way to get a QB even relatively cheap is to develop a young player and then you have to pay him a ton or lose him.  It's hard to rationalize the market for even mediocre starting QBs.  Somehow the agents put together a spreadsheet that shows that QB A got this and QB B got that and since my guy will be better than both, he is worth more than either one.  Then they show that the salary cap is going up by X% over the next 5 years therefore my guy is worth ((QB A + QB B) / 2) x 1.5 and the owners say OK and the constant leapfrogging of QB salaries continues. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh that's right your one of the resident Tyrod shills. Hate to burst your bubble big guy but the only thing Tyrod does better than Foles is run. Foles has played 10 less games and has more yards, more touchdowns etc. etc. He's also got more wins. Or is that only a QB stat when you're trying to defend a QB who can't actually play the position?