Why are liberals mad about the tax plan???

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Without doubt there will be some money that will create jobs and go to employees, the question is how much.

Having said that, this is a good START.

The best part of the tax plan is lowering the corporate rate. Another short-term kick is the full expensing of some P&E. 

My complaints are usually focused on the personal side, related to the top... 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, haven't see this type of stupid in awhile. But it really shows how Republicans get votes. Demonize Dems by using the racism in the population. Then the Republicans can enrich their donors. Divide by racism and conquer and enjoy the spoils. Then when the bigots lose their health care the rich GOPers can say it all because of food stamps or Obamacare and the bigots will buy it hook line and sinker. The people who voted for the guy who ran Trump University never learn 

Dang, demonizing Republicans...

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, haven't see this type of stupid in awhile. But it really shows how Republicans get votes. Demonize Dems by using the racism in the population. Then the Republicans can enrich their donors. Divide by racism and conquer and enjoy the spoils. Then when the bigots lose their health care the rich GOPers can say it all because of food stamps or Obamacare and the bigots will buy it hook line and sinker. The people who voted for the guy who ran Trump University never learn 

Lol @ lberals have over used the race card, no one cares anymore.

Don't even know what you're blathering about. All liberals have left at this point

is trying to end every conversation with YOU'RE A RACIST.

Only racists go around calling everyone racist I believe.

There are very few racists that have any real power to do anything, and who cares

if someone doesn't like someone else, liberals only call white people racist

like whites have a corner on the racist market and all other races love every other race.

Seems more like paranoia to me, you seeing racists around every corner or what?

pfft

Edited by Albwan

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Without doubt there will be some money that will create jobs and go to employees, the question is how much.

Having said that, this is a good START.

Sure. AT&T get a UUUGE tax break and their poor little peon employees only get a grand a piece. Rich getting richer. [/LeftistsOnParade]

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's what I

That is the argument.  The fear is that CEO's just pocket the corporate tax money they save with the reduced rate and/or spend it on automation.  They'll point to what happened in Kansas in 2012 when the GOP governor and legislature with the urging of Art Laffer (the Laffer curve) slashed state income taxes and eliminated taxes on most businesses expecting it to jump start the economy.  It didn't and job creation lagged behind most neighboring states and the US average.  They had to raise taxes again this year and Kansas's governors approval rating is in the 20's.  I think it's unfair to point to one state as I'm sure there's many other factors to explain Kansas's economic struggles, but it doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Because a state " especially kansas" isnt a national economy lol. Its also surrounded by similar bs regs, plus the epa and corporate tax rate never changed...

Wtf are u even saying here....

United States is already a country that has trusted institutions and is extremely safe another country that has an equal or even to a certain degree lesser corporate tax rate that's under 21% or at 21% the United States is going to get the benefit of the doubt and the investment as for the other countries over 21% it's a no-brainer those businesses are going to come back to the United States obviously

But I'm still waiting to see why the Democrats aren't mad at their own party they could have passed away I really wanted for 2 years and they didn't do it the question is why

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's what I

That is the argument.  The fear is that CEO's just pocket the corporate tax money they save with the reduced rate and/or spend it on automation.  They'll point to what happened in Kansas in 2012 when the GOP governor and legislature with the urging of Art Laffer (the Laffer curve) slashed state income taxes and eliminated taxes on most businesses expecting it to jump start the economy.  It didn't and job creation lagged behind most neighboring states and the US average.  They had to raise taxes again this year and Kansas's governors approval rating is in the 20's.  I think it's unfair to point to one state as I'm sure there's many other factors to explain Kansas's economic struggles, but it doesn't exactly instill confidence.

CEOs don't pocket corporate tax savings.

9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

If I were an average American, I'd be upset because the rich get richer. Those with money see the biggest breaks...

Wait, so you're saying that the people who pay the most taxes get the biggest breaks when taxes are reduced?

Holy ****!

4 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Because a state " especially kansas" isnt a national economy lol. Its also surrounded by similar bs regs, plus the epa and corporate tax rate never changed...

Wtf are u even saying here....

United States is already a country that has trusted institutions and is extremely safe another country that has an equal or even to a certain degree lesser corporate tax rate that's under 21% or at 21% the United States is going to get the benefit of the doubt and the investment as for the other countries over 21% it's a no-brainer those businesses are going to come back to the United States obviously

But I'm still waiting to see why the Democrats aren't mad at their own party they could have passed away I really wanted for 2 years and they didn't do it the question is why

Makes more sense:

: ecauseBay ayay atestay " especiallyyay ansaskay" isntyay ayay ationalnay economyyay ollay. Itsyay alsoyay urroundedsay ybay imilarsay bsay egsray, usplay ethay epayay andyay orporatecay axtay ateray evernay angedchay... Wtfay areyay uyay evenyay ayingsay erehay.... Unitedyay atesStay isyay alreadyyay ayay ountrycay atthay ashay ustedtray institutionsyay andyay isyay extremelyyay afesay anotheryay ountrycay atthay ashay anyay equalyay oryay evenyay otay ayay ertaincay egreeday esserlay orporatecay axtay ateray atthay'say underyay 21

Edited by 3rdnlng

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Makes more sense:

: ecauseBay ayay atestay " especiallyyay ansaskay" isntyay ayay ationalnay economyyay ollay. Itsyay alsoyay urroundedsay ybay imilarsay bsay egsray, usplay ethay epayay andyay orporatecay axtay ateray evernay angedchay... Wtfay areyay uyay evenyay ayingsay erehay.... Unitedyay atesStay isyay alreadyyay ayay ountrycay atthay ashay ustedtray institutionsyay andyay isyay extremelyyay afesay anotheryay ountrycay atthay ashay anyay equalyay oryay evenyay otay ayay ertaincay egreeday esserlay orporatecay axtay ateray atthay'say underyay 21

Ad hominem

11 hours ago, TPS said:

I can always count on you to distort what I said. The current regime has announced higher spending for military, mostly weapons not personnel, and tax cuts, creating an expected deficit of over $1 trillion in 2019. As I said, trillion $ deficits when we are near full employment will create inflationary pressures to which the Fed will react.  I can't wait to see how you twist those words...

Were really screwed when the party of fiscal restraint passes legislation like this.  

Maybe the plan is for the Uber wealthy Americans to extract every bit of wealth from this country, leave, and start a new country just for the global financial class elsewhere, what other reason could there be?

how can you have 20T in debt, continuous year in year out deficits (large), a request for an increase in military spending, IMO a war with Iran on the horizon, and plan to address all that with a theoretical increase in tax revenue from tax cuts?  Who honestly believes this will end well?  Haven’t we learned at some point you actually have to have Americans pay for stuff like wars and spending increases?  

how does the Conservative party scream about deficits for 8 years and produce a bill that in all likelihood will produce more debt in the end?  How is that leap made???? 

Jesus H were !@#$ed.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Large said:

Were really screwed when the party of fiscal restraint passes legislation like this.  

Maybe the plan is for the Uber wealthy Americans to extract every bit of wealth from this country, leave, and start a new country just for the global financial class elsewhere, what other reason could there be?

how can you have 20T in debt, continuous year in year out deficits (large), a request for an increase in military spending, IMO a war with Iran on the horizon, and plan to address all that with a theoretical increase in tax revenue from tax cuts?  Who honestly believes this will end well?  Haven’t we learned at some point you actually have to have Americans pay for stuff like wars and spending increases?  

how does the Conservative party scream about deficits for 8 years and produce a bill that in all likelihood will produce more debt in the end?  How is that leap made???? 

Jesus H were !@#$ed.  

08-10 dems did nothing

Why??

5 hours ago, B-Large said:

Jesus H were !@#$ed.  

It's a familiar refrain: cut taxes and increase military spending, creating large deficits that will be used to justify future cuts. their real target, SS and Medicare. I don't think that will be a winning formula for the midterms...

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, B-Large said:

Jesus H were !@#$ed.  

Part of me just thinks they are expecting to get clobbered in the mid terms and Trump has no way of winning re-election so they are just pre-empting the Dems who will raise taxes to cover the number one issue voters care about: healthcare . 

And to your point I bolded, they don't stand for anything except helping the wealthy. Communism is gone overseas, so the wealthy are waging a war at home to turn our nation back to the 1890's style capitalism. Draining the swamp means draining the money out of the country

• Like (+1) 1

The miscalculation that you guys are making is that politically speaking, Deficits don't matter.  People say they care about the deficit and national debt but when it comes right down to it, it doesn't largely weigh in on how they vote.  People largely vote on their tribalistic instincts.    

21 hours ago, TPS said:

I can always count on you to distort what I said. The current regime has announced higher spending for military, mostly weapons not personnel, and tax cuts, creating an expected deficit of over $1 trillion in 2019. As I said, trillion $ deficits when we are near full employment will create inflationary pressures to which the Fed will react.  I can't wait to see how you twist those words...

No distortion on my end.  The increased spending in DoD on weapons & systems is immaterial to the $1 trillion deficit.

The main reason the deficit hawks are focusing on entitlement is because that's where the biggest budget bloat is.  The best thing about eliminating SALT deductions is that maybe it will finally force the polite society in the blue states to recognize that they've been gouged for decades and reforms are needed to slow the runaway train.  

Again, it's not an accident that the states with the highest marginal income tax rates are also at the bottom of the rating agency scales among states (NY being the exception due to Wall Street).