Why are liberals mad about the tax plan???

Back to the thread.......................

Watching Democrats trying to save face after Republicans passed sweeping legislation that will put money back into the pockets of 80% of Americans has been incredibly entertaining. They’ve spent YEARS accusing the GOP of only caring about the uber rich, and the tax plan that was passed yesterday proved otherwise.

Keep in mind, Democrats knew how many people would be getting a tax cut, and not one of them voted yes.

Simply put, every Democrat voted against Americans keeping more of their own money, never forget that.

Especially in 2018.

Every Democrat in Congress has now voted NO on a tax plan that nonpartisan experts agree will:

- Cut taxes for 80% of Americans 

- Make the US corporate rate much more globally competitive

- Grow the US economyhttps://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/12/20/accurate-headline-every-democrat-in-congress-votes-against-major-progrowth-middle-class-tax-cuts-n2424776 

But, but, but won't "growing the economy" only benefit the rich? :unsure: After all if corporations do better under the new tax laws, they stand to gain a lot more, and that's just not good for America and the little people. Those people need more money from the government to get the things that they want and need and are their God-given inalienable right to have! Things like neutral Internets, cell phones, 4k TVs, Playstations and X-boxes, rent money, food stamps, free Uber rides. Those damn rich people got ALL the money. It's time we take it from them. [/Libtardrant]

5 hours ago, GG said:

No distortion on my end.  The increased spending in DoD on weapons & systems is immaterial to the $1 trillion deficit.

The main reason the deficit hawks are focusing on entitlement is because that's where the biggest budget bloat is.  The best thing about eliminating SALT deductions is that maybe it will finally force the polite society in the blue states to recognize that they've been gouged for decades and reforms are needed to slow the runaway train.  

Again, it's not an accident that the states with the highest marginal income tax rates are also at the bottom of the rating agency scales among states (NY being the exception due to Wall Street).

Hmmm...increased spending is immaterial to impacting the projected $1 trillion deficit? That's a new one.

im somewhat sympathetic to the SALT limit for the same reason, though it doesn't help my sympathy having moved to Snyder...

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.......................

Watching Democrats trying to save face after Republicans passed sweeping legislation that will put money back into the pockets of 80% of Americans has been incredibly entertaining. They’ve spent YEARS accusing the GOP of only caring about the uber rich, and the tax plan that was passed yesterday proved otherwise.

Keep in mind, Democrats knew how many people would be getting a tax cut, and not one of them voted yes.

Simply put, every Democrat voted against Americans keeping more of their own money, never forget that.

Especially in 2018.

Straw man argument. The Dems couldn't support a bill that helps dismantle a bill they passed.

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

Hmmm...increased spending is immaterial to impacting the projected $1 trillion deficit? That's a new one.

im somewhat sympathetic to the SALT limit for the same reason, though it doesn't help my sympathy having moved to Snyder...

Straw man argument. The Dems couldn't support a bill that helps dismantle a bill they passed.

Why didnt they pass single payer and living wage in 08-10

11 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Why didnt they pass single payer and living wage in 08-10

I guess they were a little preoccupied with the biggest economic crisis since the 1930s. The mainstream Dems also don't care about those policies, the liberal wing does. You seem very fixated on that question...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TPS said:

We're talking materiality of that increased DoD spend relative to the deficit.  DoD budget can fluctuate, but entitlements just keep growing.

On 12/20/2017 at 6:11 AM, westerndecline said:

Dems had power for 8 yrs

A super majority for two

No single payer

No living wage

No college debt reform

No end to me wars

No cuts in military spending

No massive green infrastructure 

No high speed rail

But when it came time to elect the real Progressive you guys screwed over Bernie Sanders and went with a lying B word ...yet you continue to blame the Republicans who make it well known they are the business class and investment class why aren't you mad at your own party???

Oh yeah u did nothing substantive with immigration...

It's DEMS AND INDEPENDENTS who form 65% of the country, and who have a voice that will speak LOUDLY in the 2018 midterms.

This tax bill has angered so many beyond just Democrats that combined with the Russian collusion, the support for a sexual predator and the constant lying by 45, is has proven to be too much for everyone not you and your narrow base of ignorants who kiss Trump's behind no matter what he does. The GOP has committed political suicide by acting like bobble-heads celebrating a bill for two days as shutdown looms and CHIP dies.

November will tell the tale, and I'm sure you will have plenty of time smearing Robert Mueller and blaming Dems WHEN THE GOP CONTROLS BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE... as if any of you will ever figure that out like the Liar-In-Chief 45.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's DEMS AND INDEPENDENTS who form 65% of the country, and who have a voice that will speak LOUDLY in the 2018 midterms.

This tax bill has angered so many beyond just Democrats that combined with the Russian collusion, the support for a sexual predator and the constant lying by 45, is has proven to be too much for everyone not you and your narrow base of ignorants who kiss Trump's behind no matter what he does. The GOP has committed political suicide by acting like bobble-heads celebrating a bill for two days as shutdown looms and CHIP dies.

November will tell the tale, and I'm sure you will have plenty of time smearing Robert Mueller and blaming Dems WHEN THE GOP CONTROLS BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE... as if any of you will ever figure that out like the Liar-In-Chief 45.

You contend that a majority of the more than 80% of the country's tax-payers receiving a reduction in tax liability are going to be so angry about having less of their own earnings confiscated by the government that they'll demand a government that takes more from them?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This tax bill has angered so many beyond just Democrats that combined with the Russian collusion, the support for a sexual predator and the constant lying by 45,

Reset button, Bill Clinton, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

blaming Dems WHEN THE GOP CONTROLS BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE...

Like the "obstructionist Republicans" mantra when the Democrats controlled both the House and Senate...

Do Democrats have ANY self-awareness?  At all?

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You contend that a majority of the more than 80% of the country's tax-payers receiving a reduction in tax liability are going to be so angry about having less of their own earnings confiscated by the government that they'll demand a government that takes more from them?

That was my takeaway as well. I was also struck by his speaking for independents. I'm independent of party affiliation, as are many people I know, and the only people that I've heard throwing hissy-fits over the tax cuts are dems & libs.

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, but they make up in self-righteousness what they lack in self-awareness.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

I guess they were a little preoccupied with the biggest economic crisis since the 1930s. The mainstream Dems also don't care about those policies, the liberal wing does. You seem very fixated on that question...

But they passed insurance care instead of single payer

And govt spending instead of raising wages

So your argument doesnt hold water

Obviously they weren't too busy to pass those bills so why didn't they pass what they always talk about

The premise of the original post is that it doesn't make sense for Democrats to be mad at Republicans everyone already knows that Republicans want tax cuts that their pro-business Pro investment class again I repeat the question when Democrats had total power from 2008 to 2010 why didn't they pass signature legislation stuff that they always talk about and if they didn't pass it then why would they pass it now if they did have power???

2 hours ago, TPS said:

And Barack Obama's fix for said crisis?

Why, bail out the banks and car manufacturers of course!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

And Barack Obama's fix for said crisis?

Why, bail out the banks and car manufacturers of course!

Well, let's give credit where it's due, hank Paulson and Bush got the bank bailout package passed.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Not the one they wanted.  

And according to Pelosi, it was all the Democrats' doing.

Yes, they rejected hank's 2 page plan. I wouldn't give the Dems credit here though, it was the millions of angry calls, letters, emails, and pitchforks that made them go back into a room and come up with something palatable.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Reset button, Bill Clinton, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Like the "obstructionist Republicans" mantra when the Democrats controlled both the House and Senate...

They weren't obstructionists until the Tea Party Republicans came into office in '11.  They wanted to show big government didn't work and they made sure of it.  During the ACA legislation the Republicans were just screaming about death panels, jamming a bill through without bipartisanship input, special payoffs, etc...  It's somewhat humorous to me to see Dems saying almost the exact same thing about tax reform and repealing the individual mandate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They weren't obstructionists until the Tea Party Republicans came into office in '11.  They wanted to show big government didn't work and they made sure of it.  During the ACA legislation the Republicans were just screaming about death panels, jamming a bill through without bipartisanship input, special payoffs, etc...  It's somewhat humorous to me to see Dems saying almost the exact same thing about tax reform and repealing the individual mandate.

Yeah, precedent sucks.  Particularly when you don't understand it and politic by a double standard.

Which begs the question again...any self-awareness at all?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, precedent sucks.  Particularly when you don't understand it and politic by a double standard.

Which begs the question again...any self-awareness at all?

I'm well aware that both parties are hypocrites who resort to hyperbole when speaking out against a bill they oppose for future political gain. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm well aware that both parties are hypocrites who resort to hyperbole when speaking out against a bill they oppose for future political gain. 

Yeah...but the Democrats are worse.  Because the Republicans are too stupid to know better.