While unlikely, Browns could end up with #1 & #2 picks

BuffaloBill

16 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Ouch! That's a stupid, stupid thing to say. Great team motivation and leadership John! You hope for better things for fellow long-suffering fans, but it's always same old, same old....

Dorsey is very confident about his drafting ability and the team  should count on future success.

He traded up for Mahomes , we will soon see if he is right.

Top 2 picks means guaranteed success...

With the first pick in the 1992 NFL Draft - The Indianapolis Colts select - Steve Emtman, DE Washington

With the second pick in the 1992 NFL Draft - The Indianapolis Colts select - Quentin Coryatt, LB Texas A&M

92 Colts - 9-7 missed playoffs

93 Colts - 4-12 missed playoffs

94 Colts - 8-8 missed playoffs (Emtman's last year)

95 Colts - 9-7 made playoffs

96 Colts - 9-7 made playoffs

97 Colts - 3-13 missed playoffs

98 Colts - 3-13 missed playoffs (Coryatt's last year)

Watch the AFC change drastically in the next few years.    When Brady and Ben are gone all this talk about how great these franchises are will be quieted and they'll go back into the Charlie Batch type qb's.    Cleveland will rise, and watching the Steelers and Pats go back to those 1-15, 2-14 seasons is going to be fun.

I like the Steelers fans but I think Tomlin is an awful game coach--as bad as Pete Carroll.   So, as much as I root for Pitt when Buffalo isn't involved, I think he'll be gone too when having no Big Ben really exposes Tomlin.

29 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Watch the AFC change drastically in the next few years.    When Brady and Ben are gone all this talk about how great these franchises are will be quieted and they'll go back into the Charlie Batch type qb's.    Cleveland will rise, and watching the Steelers and Pats go back to those 1-15, 2-14 seasons is going to be fun.

I like the Steelers fans but I think Tomlin is an awful game coach--as bad as Pete Carroll.   So, as much as I root for Pitt when Buffalo isn't involved, I think he'll be gone too when having no Big Ben really exposes Tomlin.

i hate steeler fans. on the whole they're as obnoxious as patriot fans.

50 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Top 2 picks means guaranteed success...

With the first pick in the 1992 NFL Draft - The Indianapolis Colts select - Steve Emtman, DE Washington

With the second pick in the 1992 NFL Draft - The Indianapolis Colts select - Quentin Coryatt, LB Texas A&M

92 Colts - 9-7 missed playoffs

93 Colts - 4-12 missed playoffs

94 Colts - 8-8 missed playoffs (Emtman's last year)

95 Colts - 9-7 made playoffs

96 Colts - 9-7 made playoffs

97 Colts - 3-13 missed playoffs

98 Colts - 3-13 missed playoffs (Coryatt's last year)

Emtman was never really healthy, Coryatt was pretty good if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The hope, as you have to relate to  and feel for Browns fans, is that they hired the right guy to run the show and Haslam steps away from day-to-day team operations. If they end up with two of the top 5 picks and walk away with an elite QB and RB, as I believe they go Rosen-Barkley, not to mention all of their picks to stock up on in the later rounds, this team should be truly elite within 3 seasons. They drafted well last year and loaded up the OL with some savvy spending in the offseason, they are absolutely on an upward trend. Now, about that coaching staff....

Bull crap. The Browns have had loads of high picks for the past few drafts and have done basically nothing with them.

They suck, and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.

Will the Jacoby Brissett trade going to cost NE WRT draft picks?  

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No, I meant where did they get their 2nd first round pick from?

:oops:

2018 NFL DRAFT

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

Third round: (1) Own pick. 

Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade..

Fifth round: (1) Own pick.

Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Does that help? 

if so glad to be of service 

FYI  that data is old 

Updated Apr 29, 2017; Posted Mar 9, 2017

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Will the Jacoby Brissett trade going to cost NE WRT draft picks?  

:oops:

2018 NFL DRAFT

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

Third round: (1) Own pick. 

Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade..

Fifth round: (1) Own pick.

Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Does that help? 

if so glad to be of service 

FYI  that data is old 

Updated Apr 29, 2017; Posted Mar 9, 2017

K, rooting for the Texans to lose.

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

When the hell have the steelers ever been 1-15?

You could have a very similar situation like in 83 when the bills had the 12th and 14th picks if there's two quarterbacks available that they feel our franchise QB is worthy of being taken in the first round they may take the best skill player with the 12th pic and then whichever quarterbacks left take with the 14th something like a Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield both bored with three pics

And that's their you may see if take the outstanding guard for Notre Dame at 12 or Joshua Jackson the cornerback from Iowa and then take Mason Rudolph at 14

That's if they lose their last two games to keep winning then it's going to change the circumstance either way they're still going to draft a quarterback and I think they're going to finish within two to three spots of the Chiefs