Bills vs. Colts Postgame

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

yeah, scoreboard - woo hoo! We beat the Colts! In a mostly meangingless game. If McD had gone for it, and the Bills didn't get the first down, I'd actually be happier than I am now. It would tell me we had a keeper. A coach who knows when to go for it and win the damn game. And I'll be looking forward to next year.

How do you think that same situation would go against the Pats or the Steelers or the Seahawks?

One rule of thumb in football is this: if the opposing team is about to do something that makes you feel relieved, then it's the wrong decision. What do you think Colts fans were thinking when McD chose to punt? "Holy crap! He's giving us a chance to win without going for it! Yay punt!" Do you think any Colts fan wanted to see the Bills go for it there?

Hell no. 

One thing I will never understand about coaches who "punt it and count on our defense to get a stop," is:

If you're so confident in your defense, why not go for it in the first place, and then if you don't get it, count on them to stop the other team? 

I said mostly meaningless. Way to go at the one thing in my post that you can argue with. If you think the Bills are going to make the playoffs this year, I have some swamp land to sell you. 

Someone needs to find the bbmb portal so this guy can go back.  

First he tells us Tyrods a franchise top 10 qb now this ???

Edited by Air it out Fitzy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills came away with a 13-7 overtime victory over the Indianapolis Colts, but now have a compelling decision to make if both players are healthy... who do they start, Tyrod Taylor, or Nathan Peterman? 7ABC's Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn of NYUpstate.com discuss that, Sean McDermott's decision to punt in overtime, and the craziness of the game being called the Bills "snowvertime" win.

yeah, scoreboard - woo hoo! We beat the Colts! In a mostly meangingless game. If McD had gone for it, and the Bills didn't get the first down, I'd actually be happier than I am now. It would tell me we had a keeper. A coach who knows when to go for it and win the damn game. And I'll be looking forward to next year.

How do you think that same situation would go against the Pats or the Steelers or the Seahawks?

One rule of thumb in football is this: if the opposing team is about to do something that makes you feel relieved, then it's the wrong decision. What do you think Colts fans were thinking when McD chose to punt? "Holy crap! He's giving us a chance to win without going for it! Yay punt!" Do you think any Colts fan wanted to see the Bills go for it there?

Hell no. 

One thing I will never understand about coaches who "punt it and count on our defense to get a stop," is:

If you're so confident in your defense, why not go for it in the first place, and then if you don't get it, count on them to stop the other team? 

So this is Mike Schopp's TSW account.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Incognito was one of the few brilliant things Rex did for us.

True dat......but one thing that doesnt get mentioned is bringing in TT....sure he's not JP or Edwards bad....but he's not going to get you where you want to go.   Much like Wrex and his incompetent brother.   TT was a Rex idea......its regressed any offensive development for 3 years.

34 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

So this is Mike Schopp's TSW account.

Schopp was pathetic on the after show today. 

Was arguing with a caller he had obviously taped before hand. Played some of the guy then argued then played something else from the guy then argued it was a poor attempt and sounded fake at trying to push his argumentative agenda.  

By The Numbers: Bills 13, Colts 7 (OT)

By The Numbers: Bills 13, Colts 7 (OT)

By Colts.com

Intro:: Check out a list of stats and notes from the Indianapolis Colts’ Week 14 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field.

Colts QB Jacoby Brissett Postgame Presser: Buffalo Bills (4:17)

Colts QB Jacoby Brissett discusses the challenging snowy conditions during his team's 13-7 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field on Sunday afternoon.

Five Things Learned: Colts-Bills

Five Things Learned: Colts-Bills

By Andrew Walker - colts.com

Intro: What were the main takeaways from Sunday’s 2017 Week 14 overtime loss to the Buffalo Bills? Here are Five Things Learned, presented by McDonald’s.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Richie's block was classic Richie..............hole was monstrous.............

I don’t know AFL - I was shocked they did not call him for holding.  Could not see it at the game, but watching it on the TV when we got home - that call has gone against him all year and probably should have this time also.

7 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t know AFL - I was shocked they did not call him for holding.  Could not see it at the game, but watching it on the TV when we got home - that call has gone against him all year and probably should have this time also.

.....shhhhh......it's what we call "momentarily detained" in snow games.............