• Announcements

• SDS

Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Foreigner

All 3 former Bills coaches now division co-leaders

On 12/4/2017 at 12:59 PM, Doc said:

The defense was good prior to Marrone becoming HC.

This is just not true.

Marrone is the best!  Admit it!

On 12/4/2017 at 1:51 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

There's only 32 jobs and no one is hiring with Brady at QB. I think the argument is over played. And I wouldn't say people are going through mental gymnastics. They've made a lot of questionable decsions. I'll try to do it in order.

1) Keeping Tyrod

2) Hiring Dennison and implementing a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod or the O-line as it is constructed.

3) Convincing Kyle to come back ( to be continued)

4) Signing Anquan and selling him, as they did on KW to win now and compete. Mentor younger players.

5) Trade Sammy just days after completing move 4. This probably causes Anquan to retire.

6)Trading Dareus, so now you have to really rely on Kyle to produce. 

7) Trading for Benjamin because we now are short at WR. A WR who btw was never going to mesh with Tyrod's skill set. (Btw, how did we end up so short WR?)

8) Somehow thinking Peterman is capable to start when he was so obviously not.

They've made plenty of decisions over the course of a year that just do not go together and you have people calling this a plan.

I don't think I did any mental gymnastics. It's just we have two morons running the franchise, once again. Again, you only have 32 of these jobs and they are always picking at the bottom of the barrel.

Tyrod fan here and/so/but if #1 and #2 go together, agree.

Offense with Tyrod was Top 10 until Dennison effed it up and they purged all the good (however fragile) stars.

Tyrod and the Lynn/Roman Offense won 8 games with ****ty D and - for roughly half the weeks - a WR corps void of anything but practice squad players.

On 12/3/2017 at 11:38 PM, Captain Murica said:

This is awesome. I cannot wait to wake up, and eat sadness for breakfast. Hopefully it comes with a side of “swift kick in the nuts”, gotta get the blood going in the AM.

LMAO !!   :lol:

On 12/4/2017 at 11:04 AM, Doc said:

I’d take him over TT. 

Admit it. 

Marrones a good head coach.... and your wrong. We didn't have a defense before he became head coach. We had Dave "fits" Wannstedt.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:35 PM, Doc said:

All three got their franchise quarterback by being the worst (or second worst) team in the NFL at one point.  

Bortles is a franchise QB? 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Admit it. 

Marrones a good head coach.... and your wrong. We didn't have a defense before he became head coach. We had Dave "fits" Wannstedt.

Bortles is a franchise QB? 

I was talking about with Jax.  And maybe franchise is overstating it, but again, I'd take him over Tyrod.

Just now, Doc said:

I was talking about with Jax.  And maybe franchise is overstating it, but again, I'd take him over Tyrod.

Bortles in this offense? 😂

He would be worse then TT. Amazing what a ****ty OC, unnecessary personnel and scheme change can do to a QB/offense.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bortles in this offense? 😂

He would be worse then TT. Amazing what a ****ty OC, unnecessary personnel and scheme change can do to a QB/offense.

No, he'd be better than TT.  And the Jags are winning thanks to defense.  Which has nothing to do with Marrone.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:34 AM, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

Outside of Marrone who is riding off a strong running game and defense, the other two have Marcus Mariota and Phillip Rivers. We have.......well......it's been discussed many times over. 

On 12/5/2017 at 5:41 AM, SoTier said:

So, Mike Mularkey stays on the list of the coaches that got away, just like Antoine Winfield is the first name on the list of outstanding players that the Bills let get away even if he left more than a dozen years ago. 

Nah, that's Jason Peters. Future HOFer.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:00 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills were in the AFC West, we would be tied for 1st as well.  

Do you think Jacksonville, TN or LA is in first if they were in the same division as the Pats?

Brilliant!!! 

1 team has an excellent Defense and the others have a QB.  (of which many many here wanted to see in Buffalo) 

On 12/4/2017 at 9:00 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills were in the AFC West, we would be tied for 1st as well.  

Do you think Jacksonville, TN or LA is in first if they were in the same division as the Pats?

Nope, but they are still playoff teams if they are in the East. 

LAs a legit super bowl contender. Jacksonville can do some damage in the playoffs as well. 

But Marrones got nothing to do with that.😉

Tenessee
Jax
Texans
Colts

I'd love to see Buffalo in that ^ division.  

SD - We defeated every other team in their division and they just crawled to the top in a 1/2 game deficit. 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:25 PM, Doc said:

No, he'd be better than TT.  And the Jags are winning thanks to defense.  Which has nothing to do with Marrone.

How come they weren't winning last year with a good defense? 

Marrones a good HEAD COACH. I get it, hard to admit but it's true. The guy motivates his players, has them ready to play and they play their asses off for him. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tenessee
Jax
Texans
Colts

I'd love to see Buffalo in that ^ division.  

SD - We defeated every other team in their division and they just crawled to the top in a 1/2 game deficit. 

Maybe sweep the Colts. Maybe split with the Titans and Texans and Jacksonville would probably sweep us. 

Still wouldnt win the division. Maybe the West, but Chargers kicked our ass(thanks to Nate) and are a better team without question. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

LAs a legit super bowl contender. Jacksonville can do some damage in the playoffs as well. 

:censored:  you made me spit out my coffee!

Legit?  smh I don't think so.  

Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Bills and Cleveland. Powerhouses!!!!!   I can give them a well done against the Cowboys minus their best offensive weapon.  

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

:censored:  you made me spit out my coffee!

Legit?  smh I don't think so.  

Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Bills and Cleveland. Powerhouses!!!!!   I can give them a well done against the Cowboys minus their best offensive weapon.  

What? 

When did we play the Rams? And they beat the Saints a couple weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still wouldnt win the division. Maybe the West, but Chargers kicked our ass(thanks to Nate) and are a better team without question. 

Yes, they were a better team that day.  (possibly because of that disastrous decision at QB).

Remember when Buff won 6 in a row then lost to the Steelers 3rd string players? 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

What? 

When did we play the Rams? And they beat the Saints a couple weeks ago.

Rams?   Did I make a typo?

that was the Chargers schedule.  

RE the Saints - Washington almost beat the Saints in N'Awlins.  

The Bills defense was horrendous for 3 weeks and the offense wasn't much better. 

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes, they were a better team that day.  (possibly because of that disastrous decision at QB).

Remember when Buff won 6 in a row then lost to the Steelers 3rd string players? 

Rams?   Did I make a typo?

that was the Chargers schedule.  

RE the Saints - Washington almost beat the Saints in N'Awlins.  

The Bills defense was horrendous for 3 weeks and the offense wasn't much better. 

I meant the Rams were super bowl contenders.(You said LA I thought Rams)

Chargers will win that division.... even if the Bills were in it.

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How come they weren't winning last year with a good defense? 

Marrones a good HEAD COACH. I get it, hard to admit but it's true. The guy motivates his players, has them ready to play and they play their asses off for him. 

Maybe sweep the Colts. Maybe split with the Titans and Texans and Jacksonville would probably sweep us. 

The Jags didn't have a good defense last year (8th worst in PPG allowed).  And Marrone doesn't coach defense and doesn't scout/draft the players.

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I meant the Rams were super bowl contenders.(You said LA I thought Rams)

Chargers will win that division.... even if the Bills were in it.

:thumbsup:   LAC vs LAR.  

confusing it is.    in time (if neither moves soon)  it will be as common as the New Jersey Giants and Jets 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Jags didn't have a good defense last year (8th worst in PPG allowed).  And Marrone doesn't coach defense and doesn't scout/draft the players.

What's their offense ranked this year, doc?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's essentially the same roster as last season. 

The guy can coach. His teams are ALWAYS competitive. 

Why did he quit on the team?   They had talent.  The QB situation is no worse that what he has now. 

Why did Doug Marrone quit the Bills? Still a mystery

www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/...

Doug Marrone will make his first appearance at New Era Field since he quit the Bills in 2014.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

What's their offense ranked this year, doc?

They're 7th in scoring offense.  Last year they were 25th...with Doug coaching the offense. 

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's essentially the same roster as last season. 

The guy can coach. His teams are ALWAYS competitive. 

Again, he doesn't coach defense. 

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why did he quit on the team?   They had talent.  The QB situation is no worse that what he has now. 

Why did Doug Marrone quit the Bills? Still a mystery

www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/...

Doug Marrone will make his first appearance at New Era Field since he quit the Bills in 2014.

It's no secret. Saint Doug quit because he had an easy and financially beneficial out in his contract. And he used that out because he confused effort with results and thought he would be sought-after because he led the lowly Bills to their first *winning record in 10 years. He thought he had the Jets HC job in the bag. He overplayed his hand.

He's still a dime-a-dozen football coach who can't get along with people.

* 9th win came against Patriots backups

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nope, but they are still playoff teams if they are in the East. 

But Marrones got nothing to do with that.😉

Oh Jacksonville is a playoff team in the east?  They'll have to play the Pats twice and the one AFC East team they lost to this year was the Jets.  Yeah...they'll just walk through the east.

• Like 1