2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

If you want to get the QB you want, top 3 you will have to move up. I 100% support the move up for one of the top prospects from this class, fill in with FAs and then retool for 2019 draft to fix what else is needed. All starts with the right QB to build around, getting what's left is what stinks when they try to pretend they got who they wanted knowing he is not what they wanted it was what was left.

Assuming our pics are #20 and #22 means the Chiefs will have made the playoffs. I'm not sure their pick will be as low as it appeared it would be a few weeks ago. I could easily see the Chiefs having the #17 or #18 pick. We might even have back-to-back picks, or pretty close to it. 

2 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Assuming our pics are #20 and #22 means the Chiefs will have made the playoffs. I'm not sure their pick will be as low as it appeared it would be a few weeks ago. I could easily see the Chiefs having the #17 or #18 pick. We might even have back-to-back picks, or pretty close to it. 

After watching the Chiefs this week, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. They have what, one game on LA?

43 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Let's put it this way:

If this regime decides to follow the CuddyDark method and bypasses QB for favor of OL, they'll be gone at the end of next season. Book it.

They're not going to commit that kind of career seppoku.

Use FA to handle the lines. Use the draft to secure the future of the franchise.

If the Bills end up 8-8, they'll likely be drafting in the middle of the round. And which game-changer QB is going to be there for them? So if they want a real shot at one of the top 3 QBs they'll have to trade up. That's going to cost a bunch of draft picks, which will impact filling all the other weak spots. So then this "stud" QB winds up behind the current O line or one very much like it, with a so-so situation with WRs and RBs, trying to adapt to the pro game while running for his life. So...voila, the Buffalo Colts.

Just now, yungmack said:

If the Bills end up 8-8, they'll likely be drafting in the middle of the round. And which game-changer QB is going to be there for them? So if they want a real shot at one of the top 3 QBs they'll have to trade up. That's going to cost a bunch of draft picks, which will impact filling all the other weak spots. So then this "stud" QB winds up behind the current O line or one very much like it, with a so-so situation with WRs and RBs, trying to adapt to the pro game while running for his life. So...voila, the Buffalo Colts.

For the third (or fourth) time in the thread:

Mason Rudolph. Size, arm strength, leadership, pedigree. DO IT.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Man, ned, when you're wrong, you're REALLY wrong. Coaching was just fine this past week. A bit conservative in the second half, but they seemingly addressed the defensive issues.

How was the coaching previous 2 weeks? 

You like 5int games from a rookie on the road with the playoffs in sight? 

Last week was better yes. 

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

After watching the Chiefs this week, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. They have what, one game on LA?

That's my point: I think the OP's assumption that we'd be bundling picks 20 and 22 is flawed. We may get to bundle 16 and 17. Small difference, but it adds up to points. Or bundle 16 and a player at a highly valued position...

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I hate trading up for the 3rd choice at QB. Unless 6th pick is on the clock and Rosen is there.

I never understand this logic.  If the 3rd best QB is the 6th ranked player then what is the problem?  It is overall rank, not the position rank. Otherwise the #1 punter would always go in the first round.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ergo, the trade up. Do whatever it takes and build around THAT guy.

That's precisely the Devil's Deal. If the Bills stand pat, they are not likely to get the kind of QB that would make the big difference going forward. And if they bundle a bunch of picks to get that guy, they risk wrecking him because the Offense will continue to be mediocre because they gave up that bundle of picks.

Just now, yungmack said:

That's precisely the Devil's Deal. If the Bills stand pat, they are not likely to get the kind of QB that would make the big difference going forward. And if they bundle a bunch of picks to get that guy, they risk wrecking him because the Offense will continue to be mediocre because they gave up that bundle of picks.

Not necessarily. I think we're ok at receiver and TE. Could use FA to plug OL needs.

6 minutes ago, Dalton said:

I never understand this logic.  If the 3rd best QB is the 6th ranked player then what is the problem?  It is overall rank, not the position rank. Otherwise the #1 punter would always go in the first round.

Rudolph isn't the 6th ranked player in the draft. He's more likely in the 30-40 range and will likely go between picks 20 & 35. The point is that the cost is high regardless. If you're committing to trading up, you might as well position yourself to actually get the guy you want.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

30 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Do not forget the trade value of Cordy Glenn. A left tackle is almost as valuable as a QB in some circles . He can have surgery on his problem feet/ankles and he is relatively young for a tackle We have a LT with Dawkins.

I don't think Dawkins is an OL I'd want at LT. More of a RT he's struggled in pass pro. Glenn is much better. 

25 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

The way the Chiefs played against us, they may not win another game this season.