NFL executive says Buffalo Bills are perfect fit for Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t understand how the Bills would be a perfect fit for Mayfield when we don’t even run the read option...how has Mayfield shown he could play in a WCO?

Style of play. Mayfield is extremely accurate and gets rid of the ball quickly. His timing with receivers fits Dennison's offense way better than Tyrod. Mayfield throws receivers opens and doesn't just wait for a WR to be wide open. And he has the athletic ability to extend plays and most importantly is just as accurate on the run.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not surprised someone from Dunkirk would say this.

This maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read.

If you can get around the questionable grammar and/ or keyboarding skills the overall point is pretty much spot on truth. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

If Mayfield wins the Heisman - which he probably will - that will inflate his draft position even more...and no way he lasts past the top ten.

No one cares about the Heisman Trophy when it comes to draft positioning and where a player will be selected. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one cares about the Heisman Trophy when it comes to draft positioning and where a player will be selected. 

...the Heisman?...LMAO.....Downtown Athletic Club voters are defrosted from the cryovac status, vote either RB or QB and then are re-frozen until next year.....trophy is nothing more than a dust collector........

• Like (+1) 1

i hope we draft him. if we don't beat the pats 10-6 is not likely.....which is what it's gonna take to get in,so  not sure where our draft position would be but if darnold is in and some team loves lamar jackson...throw in rosen ,allen and rudolph, just maybe he falls to us. if we have to trade up a few spots ,i'd rather use next year's 1st to do it. i really hope we can hang on to that 2nd 1st and both 2's and the 3 because we can really fill the basket with talent this year.

just think of that..mayfield...another 1st and so on. this could be what the process is all about. if they start giving up picks for 2 or 3 players.....

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

..so as some suggested that Rudolph may fall to the 2nd, would you go OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and look for Rudolph in the 2nd?.......much debate about his skill set versus Mayfield but he does have size and is devoid of Mayfield indiscretions which may not fit the "McD mold"...you'd potentially fill three voids with your top three picks....thoughts?....

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I compare him to a better version of Case Keenum who happens to be having an excellent season. Mayfield is a bit more athletic and wears his emotions on his sleeve more. Mayfield is as talented as Manziel and if he channels his emotions could have the leadership of Tebow. That is legit the perfect combination

Rosen is likely to go first overall and Darnold needs to return for another season. He was much worse than people we're expecting... His expectations were just too high after his freshman year. If Darnold left school now he would be a INT machine

Might be an INT machine, but he'd also go in the top 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..so as some suggested that Rudolph may fall to the 2nd, would you go OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and look for Rudolph in the 2nd?.......much debate about his skill set versus Mayfield but he does have size and is devoid of Mayfield indiscretions which may not fit the "McD mold"...you'd potentially fill three voids with your top three picks....thoughts?....

They are going qb with their first pick 

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I compare him to a better version of Case Keenum who happens to be having an excellent season. Mayfield is a bit more athletic and wears his emotions on his sleeve more. Mayfield is as talented as Manziel and if he channels his emotions could have the leadership of Tebow. That is legit the perfect combination

Rosen is likely to go first overall and Darnold needs to return for another season. He was much worse than people we're expecting... His expectations were just too high after his freshman year. If Darnold left school now he would be a INT machine

Manziel has no talents that could be translated to the NFL level and neither did Tebow.. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Manziel has no talents that could be translated to the NFL level and neither did Tebow.. 

...to his credit, Tebow worked his azz off with unmatched dedication and ethics, spent mega bucks on personal trainers all of which unfortunately did not work out.....putting him in the same sentence as Johnny Meatball is an undeserved travesty....Meatball spent equal time in bars.....a puke...........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...to his credit, Tebow worked his azz off with unmatched dedication and ethics, spent mega bucks on personal trainers all of which unfortunately did not work out.....putting him in the same sentence as Johnny Meatball is an undeserved travesty....Meatball spent equal time in bars.....a puke...........

Agreed. Definitely have to differentiate them in that regard as 180 degree polar opposites. 

7 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

They are going qb with their first pick 

...with their BEST early on draft capital in years, it becomes even more intriguing.....QB as THE 1st round pick, or as A 1st round pick, or as A pick (1st three rounds).....who the hell knows?....stay tuned....

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

No excuses

If he's their guy, MAKE IT HAPPEN

I mean, it depends also what they do in FA. Mayfield should be everyone's guy imo. He's the most proven QB and he's done it consistently for 3 years. I just don't think he escapes the top 5 and I don't see the QB needy teams willing to trade out. The Browns, the Giants, the Broncos, the Jets, they will all be looking QB early. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I mean, it depends also what they do in FA. Mayfield should be everyone's guy imo. He's the most proven QB and he's done it consistently for 3 years. I just don't think he escapes the top 5 and I don't see the QB needy teams willing to trade out. The Browns, the Giants, the Broncos, the Jets, they will all be looking QB early. 

....so does this gang expend valuable draft capital to move into the top 5 to get him?......strictly my opinion, but I don't see them making that bold a more versus preserving capital...

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so does this gang expend valuable draft capital to move into the top 5 to get him?......strictly my opinion, but I don't see them making that bold a more versus preserving capital...

I don't think they will have a partner willing in the top 5 with the QB needy teams is my point. I don't expect much shifting over the last 4 weeks. Between Cleveland, Denver, and the Giants that is 3 QB's in likely the first 4 picks. 

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with their BEST early on draft capital in years, it becomes even more intriguing.....QB as THE 1st round pick, or as A 1st round pick, or as A pick (1st three rounds).....who the hell knows?....stay tuned....

If u want a prediction

1- qb mason Rudolph

1- g Quentin Nelson

2- cb donte Jackson lsu

2- vita vea nt Washington

3- wadley rb Iowa

3 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

If u want a prediction

1- qb mason Rudolph

1- g Quentin Nelson

2- cb donte Jackson lsu

2- vita vea nt Washington

3- wadley rb Iowa

God I hope not. Rudolph is not going to be a good NFL QB.