Belichik talking up Taylor and the Bills

Belichick ho-hum about 17 straight winning seasons

Asked this week if he and the team would gather around to celebrate the feat -- perhaps over dainty slices of cake with an emotional slide show -- Belichick flatly dismissed the historical benchmark.

"That's what we're here for -- to win games. We take a lot of pride in it. That means a lot to us," Belichick grunted ahead of Sunday's clash with the likely doomed Bills. "But that being said, there's probably another time to talk about that and reflect on it and so forth. None of those other -- however many seasons it was or however many games it was -- really makes any difference this week. I mean, nobody cares about that.

Belichick ho-hum about 17 straight winning seasons

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There was a time I might have said this but not now.  I think he was lucky to stumble on to a once in a generation QB in a QB driven league.  Without Brady BB might just be another pedestrian coach.  

He was a coach for the Giants that shut down Kelly in the first super bowl. That in itself is a great accomplishment.

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And will troll us especially hard with a game plan designed around Touchdown Mike on Offense and Eric Lee to start on D, with some stunts designed to get him free.

...so a normal "BB at the podium" day about their upcoming opponent.....bet he is tremendously relieved knowing Wrecks is gone.....

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol Belichick is usually on auto pilot. One year he said they have to watch for josh reed cause he's a great player. The thing was, josh reed wasn't even on the team at the time lol

I'll never forget the classics like when he called Ryan Denney a dominant force on our dline and said there's no coach in league he respects more than Dick Jaraun.

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/11/29/bill-belichick-1129-bills-play-lot-passion

You can just hear how much knowledge he has about our entire roster).   He even mentions Milano and Humber and some of the lesser known players attributes.  Why we get beat by this guy is he seems to know every player and every skill set more than any other coach I've  heard in a press conference on opposing teams.  

Aside from falling asleep due to his tone, I've never really listened to him cover us in a presser like this going over how much he knows about every player is scary.

My point is that he even said they are going to have a problem with the way our defense plays and how we don't give many opportunities (takeovers) to score when we are playing well.  I think our defense has him concerned.

It's downright scary what an evil genius Belichik is.

He certainly know the AFC East teams from top to bottom. Tredavious White will probably be starting alongside Gilmore for the Pats when his rookie contract is up.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pedestrian? Hmm maybe... but wouldn't all the great coaches be without their star power QB? They seem to go hand in hand. (All the way back to Lombardi himself)

Bill Parcells might be the most under rated coach because the best QB he ever had was Phil Simms.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bill Parcells might be the most under rated coach because the best QB he ever had was Phil Simms.

True but I may be wrong, (I don't remember)

but I do believe both his championships were because of his D and who was the coordinator for The Tuna? BB (but he has a hell of a coaching tree doesn't he!!)