Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Ummm, one could argue that Brady has no rings without this coach. 

I know it pains you and some others, but this is a combo of the greatest qb playing for the greatest coach. No coach wins with bad players.

Who is a better coach, and why?

They certainly could argue it, but Brady's play on the field would appear to make that quite a silly argument. Belichick is a defensive coach ( a great one to be certain) and lumping him in to the accomplishments of what many consider the GOAT at QB is a stretch. While no coach wins with bad players, having Brady at a QB is an obvious reason for all those wins. The Pats haven't always had a tremendous defense like they did in Brady's formative years. It's likely that many past greats at HC could have achieved the same with Brady in a weak , QB poor AFCE for so many years. Saying that BB is part of some combo of the greatest is pure media hyperbole. Which would you rather have if you had to win a football game. Bill Belichick , or Tom Brady? I'd take Brady, as I'd suspect most would. BB track record as a HC was middling pre Brady, and he was reportedly  to be fired shortly per the Boston media if the Pats lost to the Jets before Mo Lewis did him the biggest favor of all time knocking out Bledsoe . Believe what you will, but it's far more about the player than Bill Belichick in this case. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ummm if you are talking about as Head Coach , which is what we're discussing here then no. As I said he is a great defensive coach , but as a head coach he was around .500 sans Brady. 

He was also coach of the old Cleveland Browns. He also took them to the playoffs. 

Once he got to NE and got to make all the decisions... we know how that story ends. He is also 14-8 w/o Brady as NE's coach. 63.6 winning %. 0-2 before Bledsoe was hurt, 11-5 when Brady was injured, and 3-1 at the beginning of last season. I don't think I missed any...

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Hoodie runs a tight ship, and this is what's needed in Buffalo to truly turn this thing around.

Either way the Patriots organization is in a different realm compared to 31 other NFL franchises. From top to bottom they simply get it.

No, they don't. They have Tom Brady and not for too much longer in reality. So take your drivel to the Pats board. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, they don't. They have Tom Brady and not for too much longer in reality. So take your drivel to the Pats board. 

Brady no doubt a big factor since he's the GOAT, but the Patriots are the model franchise for the NFL and pro sports in general for their meticulous attention to detail. Also why Hoodie is in a class by himself in terms of coaching.

I know Bills fans hate to concede this but it's simply the reality whether you hate the pats or not.

Just now, ricko1112 said:

He was also coach of the old Cleveland Browns. He also took them to the playoffs. 

Once he got to NE and got to make all the decisions... we know how that story ends. He is also 14-8 w/o Brady as NE's coach. 63.6 winning %. 0-2 before Bledsoe was hurt, 11-5 when Brady was injured, and 3-1 at the beginning of last season. I don't think I missed any...

So what? It's a small sample size, as Brady hasn't missed many games. It's far easier to keep the ship afloat for a few games here and there. Making all the decisions means what? The main thing is the Pats got extraordinarily lucky on a 6th round flyer of a draft pick. One that even they barely wanted, and had no idea about because even TB himself thought he was going to be a training camp cut before they had some injuries at QB. It's not a stretch to say BB doesn't have nearly that success with any other player at the QB position. Period. He was a middling HC (as are many former Coordinators ) before Brady arrived. What many consider the best ever at the QB position can do that for a coach. 

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

Brady no doubt a big factor since he's the GOAT, but the Patriots are the model franchise for the NFL and pro sports in general for their meticulous attention to detail. Also why Hoodie is in a class by himself in terms of coaching.

I know Bills fans hate to concede this but it's simply the reality whether you hate the pats or not.

No they are not. Subtract Brady, and henceforth most of the wins, and they are a team in the league. Possibly even a joke of a franchise like they were prior to the mid nineties. 

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

My point is that it shouldn't right?  But how many of you believe that would be the case if McDermott said no team celebrations?

why don't you wait until someone does something before calling them out on it?

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They certainly could argue it, but Brady's play on the field would appear to make that quite a silly argument. Belichick is a defensive coach ( a great one to be certain) and lumping him in to the accomplishments of what many consider the GOAT at QB is a stretch. While no coach wins with bad players, having Brady at a QB is an obvious reason for all those wins. The Pats haven't always had a tremendous defense like they did in Brady's formative years. It's likely that many past greats at HC could have achieved the same with Brady in a weak , QB poor AFCE for so many years. Saying that BB is part of some combo of the greatest is pure media hyperbole. Which would you rather have if you had to win a football game. Bill Belichick , or Tom Brady? I'd take Brady, as I'd suspect most would. BB track record as a HC was middling pre Brady, and he was reportedly  to be fired shortly per the Boston media if the Pats lost to the Jets before Mo Lewis did him the biggest favor of all time knocking out Bledsoe . Believe what you will, but it's far more about the player than Bill Belichick in this case. 

You didn't answer.

Who is a better Head Coach and why?

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

Gronkowski had a choreographed celebration, this has to be BS.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You didn't answer.

Who is a better Head Coach and why?

Pick any of the great coaches in NFL history and you could make an argument. There are too many to go over here. If you think BB wins as often as he has without Brady, you are kidding yourself. I would choose Bill Walsh. He had an innovative offense, ( also a great QB) and never lost a Super Bowl . Heck, you could even say Tom Coughlin. He showed that if you smack that pu**y Brady around , Belichick won't beat you . Then did it again for good measure. In Superbowls. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

What I'm getting at is, does Belichick "get away with it" due to all the winning?  None of his players are going to insinuate anything racial because they have the best chance to get a SB ring being on that team.  I'm just pondering what would happen if McDermott did the same thing, I'm betting he'd face some tweets from Richard Sherman insinuating he's a racist white coach, and I'm betting that would lead to some media pundits weighing in.

Just a thought experiment.

You are attempting to be negative about Richard Sherman regarding something he hasn't done. Why drag Sherman into your made up issue, he has not spoken on this issue to my knowledge, if and when he does, it would be fair to comment, but now it's just BS on your part.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Pick any of the great coaches in NFL history and you could make an argument. There are too many to go over here. If you think BB wins as often as he has without Brady, you are kidding yourself. I would choose Bill Walsh. He had an innovative offense, ( also a great QB) and never lost a Super Bowl . Heck, you could even say Tom Coughlin. He showed that if you smack that pu**y Brady around , Belichick won't beat you . Then did it again for good measure. In Superbowls. 

Your answer shows your hatred is so deep that you can see nothing else.

Yes, there are many better coaches than Belichick.

Loony_Header_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

This thread, and the troll that started it. Is pure garbage and brings the collective IQ of the board down. Nice job man. 

Then you simply don't understand and are very reactionary/emotional.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good god, racist?  Are you kidding me?

Do people really think in such terms, racist?  

Idiotic, people WANT to see racism wherever whenever they can.

When you declare victimhood virtuous and make it a marker of social currency don't be surprised when people start to manufacture victimhood.