Best Case/Worst Case Scenario

corta765

Yesterday ended being a pretty cool surprise and it had me thinking about the remainder of the season. I have ended up in two places:

Best Case Scenario:

Bills make the playoffs and even win a game (were playing TEN/KC/JAX it isn't that outlandish) so for once we all get to have some fun. The team lets Taylor go and finally drafts a rookie who can play even enough to build off this season. I am in the camp that we need a QB and I want them to be aggressive for to get him, but I am not team tank for the QB. I would like to see the defense stay steady with their play and see Dawkins/Z Jones continue to develop over the rest of the year they both recently have been pretty good. I would also like to see Kelvin Benjamin play and give us hope that he can be a piece for 2018.

Worst Case Scenario:

The Bills flunk out and only manage to win another to get to 7-9 and blow winnable games against IND/MIA that prevent the team from ending the drought so at least one monkey is off our back. The defense reverts back to missing tackles, Tre White gets picked on a plateaus in development, while the offense shows little signs of growth and the offensive line shows no improvement. Additionally the coaching staff continues with very questionable calls on offense that make you wonder how credible McD or the rest of the staff is. The Bills cut Taylor, don't draft a QB instead going for a guy like Josh McCown so they can use their draft picks to fill holes from guys they traded. There is very little to buy in over the course of the offseason given the team pushing a guy like McCown or Peterman as the starter.

My worst case scenario has the Ravens losing tonight to the Texans and the Bills beating the Pats next weekend...then the wheels come completely off the rails and they lose the next two to Indy and Miami.

Or go into week 17 just needing a win to get in and they get demolished by Miami's backups.

Pick one.

Best case we get a wild card, trade Tyrod and draft a top 3 prospect at QB in 2018 with a trade up.

Worse case we get two more wins, miss the wild card and miss out on one of top 3 QBs. Tyrod returns with Peterman as the top prospect for the future and in 2019 we are rebuilding again with a new staff going all in on building around Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

10 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Best case we get a wild card, trade Tyrod and draft a top 3 prospect at QB in 2018 with a trade up.

Worse case we get two more wins, miss the wild card and miss out on one of top 3 QBs. Tyrod returns with Peterman as the top prospect for the future and in 2019 we are rebuilding again with a new staff going all in on building around Tyrod.

If this happens I refuse to go to a game in 2018 that is such a worse worst case haha.

How about we get the wild card.  Keep TT to work with a new QB we draft and fill the holes on both lines with the draft.  And get rid of Dennison.  His play calling is terrible. How many times on third and one or two did he go wide for a loss.  Slow learner.  That should never happen. 

15 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

How about we get the wild card.  Keep TT to work with a new QB we draft and fill the holes on both lines with the draft.  And get rid of Dennison.  His play calling is terrible. How many times on third and one or two did he go wide for a loss.  Slow learner.  That should never happen. 

The bridge of Tyrod.

Is it a good bridge if the new OC has to scrap his scheme to use the Taylor made simplified scheme? Can you have a young QB learning from a bridge QB that can only play in the Taylor made simplified scheme? Will said drafted QB be as successful when he comes in later in the year after the team has been running the Taylor made system? Will they all be on the same page?

IMO a OC needs all his QBs playing the exact same system. Also who do they get at OC to want to come here to use Taylors simplified system, we all know after 3 OCs it is Taylor's way or no way if you want him to be the starter.

I can see the interview now, we really like you as a OC, we like your system and want to incorporate it into the Bills logic but we have Tyrod and he needs you to scrap your system and run his while you train the new kid on yours for the future. I am sure the great OCs will be lining up to be Tyrods OC#4 because of all the success the others have had with him. 

Edited by xRUSHx

My best case scenario.  We keep TT and sneak into the WC @ 9-7. We still draft a QB in the 1st round. Maybe trade up a little for MasonR. 

Dennison is fired and we find an OC skilled at developing an offense around TT.  In 2 years our young qb will be ready. Keep Peterman as backup. Keep rebuilding the front 7 and Oline. Don't waste high picks on wr's or rbs ever again.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

My best case scenario.  We keep TT and sneak into the WC @ 9-7. We still draft a QB in the 1st round. Maybe trade up a little for MasonR. 

Dennison is fired and we find an OC skilled at developing an offense around TT.  In 2 years our young qb will be ready. Keep Peterman as backup.

Skilled at making a offense around Tyrod?

I am sure we will have many great OCs wanting this job since Tyrod has had a new one every year, who doesn't want a job that guarantees him a full year of work. What makes you think he will last past year one? What makes you think any OC will want this job knowing the scheme he brings in will not be used.

Edited by xRUSHx

34 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Skilled at making a offense around Tyrod?

I am sure we will have many great OCs wanting this job since Tyrod has had a new one every year, who doesn't want a job that guarantees him a full year of work. What makes you think he will last past year one? What makes you think any OC will want this job knowing the scheme he brings in will not be used.

Lynn was an offensive coach promoted to a head coach. That is a promotion, not a regression... Teams don't promote offensive coordinators to head coaches if their offence sucks. Especially first year head coaches like Lynn. If you can name one I would actually be pretty interested. And saying Lynn doesn't count as the Bills offence last year was ranked top 10.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Lynn was an offensive coach promoted to a head coach. That is a promotion, not a regression... Teams don't promote offensive coordinators to head coaches if their offence sucks. Especially first year head coaches like Lynn. If you can name one I would actually be pretty interested. And saying Lynn doesn't count as the Bills offence last year was ranked top 10.

Once again we are going through this with each other about Lynn. Lynn was offered the job to fill in temporary not to be the long term guy, this happens a lot in the NFL when the head coach is let go. Lynn was not promoted to take over because they wanted him as the new head coach because of his great offense he was just lucky enough to be here and for the owner to respect the old head coach enough to trust his recomandation to let Lynn fill in to finish it off. Lynn was not offered a job to stay here so he was let go, fill in to the end and its over. Like I have said many times before if you get fired from a job but are offered a different job at a better position with more pay at a different company you still were fired from the first company before the offered happened. Still jobless for a short time before even if it was only a  few hours in between.

Top 10 because of our running game not Tyrod. I never once said the offense sucked with Lynn but I have said in other threads it just wasn't good enough for long term success. You act like Lynn was so good he got offered a head coach job by the Bills and turned down the Bills offer, we all know there was no offer to stay from the Bills so he got fired from the Bills anyway you look at it. Worked out great for him that's for sure.

Edited by xRUSHx

37 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Once again we are going through this with each other about Lynn. Lynn was offered the job to fill in temporary not to be the long term guy, this happens a lot in the NFL when the head coach is let go. Lynn was not promoted to take over because they wanted him as the new head coach because of his great offense he was just lucky enough to be here and for the owner to respect the old head coach enough to trust his recomandation to let Lynn fill in to finish it off. Lynn was not offered a job to stay here so he was let go, fill in to the end and its over. Like I have said many times before if you get fired from a job but are offered a different job at a better position with more pay at a different company you still were fired from the first company before the offered happened. Still jobless for a short time before even if it was only a  few hours in between.

Top 10 because of our running game not Tyrod. I never once said the offense sucked with Lynn but I have said in other threads it just wasn't good enough for long term success. You act like Lynn was so good he got offered a head coach job by the Bills and turned down the Bills offer, we all know there was no offer to stay from the Bills so he got fired from the Bills anyway you look at it. Worked out great for him that's for sure.

Where in your mind is him getting fired? He went from an assistant coach to head coach who makes more money. That's getting fired? ...

The bills obviously wanted to go a different direction in terms of a HEAD COACH. Not offensive coordinator. If they didn't bring him back as an offensive coordinator then that would be considered getting fired.

Not sure how you can get fired from a job you never had in the first place. And no I'm not considering him coaching the final game of the year as him being the head coach. That was more about getting rid of Rex Ryan because of the whole Tyrod injury settlement thing.

Lynn interviewed for the Bills job and never got it. So if you apply to a job and they hire someone else instead of you because that company wants to go a specific direction, that in your mind is getting fired?...

Lynn did pretty damn well for himself last year and now he is the head coach for a team who is poised to win their division. Looks like"getting fired" has worked out pretty well for him

Edited by billsfan11

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Where in your mind is him getting fired? He went from an assistant coach to head coach who knows makes more money. That's getting fired? ...

The bills obviously wanted to go a different direction in terms of a HEAD COACH. Not offensive coordinator. If they didn't bring him back as an offensive coordinator then that would be considered getting fired.

Not sure how you can get fired from a job you never had in the first place. And no I'm not considering him coaching the final game of the year as him being the head coach. That was more about getting rid of Rex Ryan because of the whole Tyrod injury settlement thing.

Lynn did pretty damn well for himself last year and now he is the head coach for a team who is poised to win their division. Looks like"getting fired" has worked out pretty well for him

....what was impressive about Lynn was how he went from RB Coach to OC to Hc is such a short time frame, a meteoric rise through the ranks that I seriously doubt he ever saw coming when hired as RB Coach....yet despite it all, he managed to be the glue that held it altogether despite highly adversarial circumstances...glad he got a HC gig....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....what was impressive about Lynn was how he went from RB Coach to OC to Hc is such a short time frame, a meteoric rise through the ranks that I seriously doubt he ever saw coming when hired as RB Coach....yet despite it all, he managed to be the glue that held it altogether despite highly adversarial circumstances...glad he got a HC gig....

I agree 100 percent. I thought he did an excellent job. I'm glad he got rewarded as well