Turning our KC Pick into a top 5 pick?

simpleman

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could see the Bills trading Denver their 2 1sts (or better yet a 1 and 2) and Tyrod for a top 5 pick. 

Denver's gonna draft a qb if they are that high. Especially with the hype the QBs have this year. I can't see them trading down and taking Tyrod. I could be wrong. They had the chance to sign him for just salary last year and passed on that.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And how did that work out?

Awful. And then he seemed reluctant to announce Tyrod the starter, almost bordering madness in his logic in attempting to justify the decision and find reason to Peterman back in. Did you listen to him after the game and before Wednesday? 

14 minutes ago, P51 said:

Possibly, Bradford I’m not sure is going to be able to stand after a 3rd ACL to the same knee, I can’t recall hearing of that before. IMO take your millions walk as best you can for as long as he can at this point Sam... Football wise his mobility behind this line would be a 4th ACL in Buffalo in camp. I wouldn’t bother with him myself.

Keenum is a guy I liked coming out and has exceeded my wildest expectations this year, if he keeps it up, they resign him, plenty of cap space as I see it to do so. IMO won’t hit the market, they can use Bradford’s money with Sam coming off the books for Case and still be in the green for spending on others, draft a guy mid round and bring Teddy back to back up for under the $22 Million Sam, Case and Teddy made this year combined.

Case will get moved. Or Bridgewater. No way they both stay in Minnesota, neither of them will want to be a backup.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

Case will get moved. Or Bridgewater. No way they both stay in Minnesota, neither of them will want to be a backup.

All 3 are free agents, unrestricted I believe. They could franchise one of their choosing as far as I know. They could tag and trade, but I don’t see it. I’m far from a Vikings expert, but Bridgewater is as close to as big a injury risk as Bradford IMO, so do they roll the dice on one of them and let the other 2 walk? If Keenum continues producing and the team pushes deep into the playoffs? I’d have a hard time going with Teddy who while showed some signs of growth but didn’t Light the league on fire prior to what many catogorized as a catastrophic knee injury and is going to get signed somewhere if he leaves but for what and who is going to gaurantee him a starting spot? Will it be worth leaving? IMO Minny could match any offer which won’t be exhorbant, sign Keenum and offer them both a chance to start, let them duke it out in camp. They are going to keep at least one Id bet on it, but which one? How the season plays out will  certainly affect the desicion ultimately IMO.

1 minute ago, P51 said:

All 3 are free agents, unrestricted I believe. They could franchise one of their choosing as far as I know. They could tag and trade, but I don’t see it. I’m far from a Vikings expert, but Bridgewater is as close to as big a injury risk as Bradford IMO, so do they roll the dice on one of them and let the other 2 walk? If Keenum continues producing and the team pushes deep into the playoffs? I’d have a hard time going with Teddy who while showed some signs of growth but didn’t Light the league on fire prior to what many catogorized as a catastrophic knee injury and is going to get signed somewhere if he leaves but for what and who is going to gaurantee him a starting spot? Will it be worth leaving? IMO Minny could match any offer which won’t be exhorbant, sign Keenum and offer them both a chance to start, let them duke it out in camp. They are going to keep at least one Id bet on it, but which one? How the season plays out will  certainly affect the desicion ultimately IMO.

Yea you're right. It will be interesting. No way are both signing with one knowing they will be a backup. Bridgewater could come here and start. Browns. Broncos. Jaguars.

This QB offseason between the draft and Free agency is the most interesting one I can ever remember at this point in the season, almost anything is possible, there is going to be a lot of possibilities for sure for most of the league at QB, Buffalo included.

All I can say is good luck...the top 7 teams could all go QB this year(maybe minus the 49ers). Good luck convincing one of those teams a bunch of picks is worth them trading out of taking a franchise QB...unless its cleveland again but I doubt they do it after seeing whats happened with Wentz

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

this is the internet. time to pull up your big girl panties and rock it.

The  internet is in the public now. You still should not say something you would not say at a family dinner with your parents, at church, on the job. If you think it gives you a pass because you are anonymous, then you are a coward and a fraud. People who hide behind their anonymity show they are not "a man". Being a man means standing up and accepting  the consequences of their actions. Not acting like they are little children,  hiding protected behind their parents legs while hurling insults.    I don't know your age, but that kind of attitude is a sure sign of immaturity. Until the last 5 or so years you became a man when you became socially mature and learned how to properly treat others in socially accepted ways in public and private.  Even our current coach preaches "character", so being on a sports BBS does not give you a pass. That brutish, anti-social attitude and social ineptitude would have banished you to the underbelly of society not that long ago. Of course America's  mores and social standards have plummeted to the pits in the past decade. Lucky for you.

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No its the point that Denver had a chance before Taylor decided to redo his contract. They passed. 

They are not going to trade for him when a recent report shows that GMs across the league have him as 25 best QB. 3 years of tape will change opinion pf a player

No team is going to trade for Taylor because they know that the Bills will cut him in the off-season.  Just like no team would give up a decent pick for Dareus because they figured that the Bills would cut him in the off-season and they could get a top DT in his prime for free with a more team-friendly contract -- until Jax decided they could make the playoffs despite having Bortles as QB if their D was better.

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

All I can say is good luck...the top 7 teams could all go QB this year(maybe minus the 49ers). Good luck convincing one of those teams a bunch of picks is worth them trading out of taking a franchise QB...unless its cleveland again but I doubt they do it after seeing whats happened with Wentz

Do you really believe that all of the above will happen. The Colts give up on Luck. Chicago gives up on Trubisky so soon after spending what they spent on him this year. The Bucs give up on Winston. Houston gives up on Watson. No one with a high pick goes after Bradford,  Bridgewater,  Keenum or Cousins instead, hoping to win now rather than waste a year on an unproven rookie. If KC gives up on Smith, no one would take a game manager if they thought the rest of the team could win now with him. No one would take a TT if they were close to winning now. TT is good game manager, and the Bills could win with him if the rest of the team was not such a mess. I don't  see anywhere near 7 QB going first. Maybe 3 , possibly 4 if including Buffalo in a trade up.

9 hours ago, P51 said:

Bridgewater is a 2014 first rounder, so Minnesota should have him for 2019 on his rookie contract.  I agree with your assessment of Bridgewater pre-injury; he was not spectacular, but as Keenum has shown, the Vikes have the talent and the coaching to win with even a reasonably talented QB with some leadership skills.  I think Bradford is definitely the odd man out, and Bridgewater the likely winner if he is truly healed from his injury.

11 minutes ago, simpleman said:

Do you really believe that all of the above will happen. The Colts give up on Luck. Chicago gives up on Trubisky so soon after spending what they spent on him this year. The Bucs give up on Winston. Houston gives up on Watson. No one with a high pick goes after Bradford,  Bridgewater,  Keenum or Cousins instead, hoping to win now rather than waste a year on an unproven rookie. If KC gives up on Smith, no one would take a game manager if they thought the rest of the team could win now with him. No one would take a TT if they were close to winning now. TT is good game manager, and the Bills could win with him if the rest of the team was not such a mess. I don't  see anywhere near 7 QB going first. Maybe 3 , possibly 4 if including Buffalo in a trade up.

There are NOT going to be 7 QBs taken in the first round, much less the first 7 picks.   There are generally only 10-12 QBs taken in the entire 7 rounds of the draft.  Even back in the 1970s when there were 17 or 18 rounds in the draft and sometimes 20+ QBs were taken, most of those came in the later rounds.   The best QB draft ever, 1983, had 6 first rounders scattered from #1 to #27 but there is absolutely no indication that 2017 is anything like 1983 in quality or volume ... except in the minds of some TBD posters like the one who made this claim.  The last time more than 4 QBs were taken in the first round was in 1999 when 5 were drafted.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Bridgewater is a 2014 first rounder, so Minnesota should have him for 2019 on his rookie contract.  I agree with your assessment of Bridgewater pre-injury; he was not spectacular, but as Keenum has shown, the Vikes have the talent and the coaching to win with even a reasonably talented QB with some leadership skills.  I think Bradford is definitely the odd man out, and Bridgewater the likely winner if he is truly healed from his injury.

They declined his option last March and would have to franchise him to guarantee having him back next year, they could work out a deal but he has the option of test free agency 1st, who wouldnt? They could go with him, no doubt, Im just not sure they will mess with the team chemistry if Keenum succeeds for the rest of this season. Bridgewater still has a lot to prove, and Keenum has done more in less time than Bridgewater on the field. I certainly agree they have the talent and coaching to make win non the less. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season and off season play out for the Vikings and what impact it could have in Buffalo in the off season.

6 hours ago, simpleman said:

The  internet is in the public now. You still should not say something you would not say at a family dinner with your parents, at church, on the job. If you think it gives you a pass because you are anonymous, then you are a coward and a fraud. People who hide behind their anonymity show they are not "a man". Being a man means standing up and accepting  the consequences of their actions. Not acting like they are little children,  hiding protected behind their parents legs while hurling insults.    I don't know your age, but that kind of attitude is a sure sign of immaturity. Until the last 5 or so years you became a man when you became socially mature and learned how to properly treat others in socially accepted ways in public and private.  Even our current coach preaches "character", so being on a sports BBS does not give you a pass. That brutish, anti-social attitude and social ineptitude would have banished you to the underbelly of society not that long ago. Of course America's  mores and social standards have plummeted to the pits in the past decade. Lucky for you.

nevermind. carry on with your bad self.

6 hours ago, P51 said:

They declined his option last March and would have to franchise him to guarantee having him back next year, they could work out a deal but he has the option of test free agency 1st, who wouldnt? They could go with him, no doubt, Im just not sure they will mess with the team chemistry if Keenum succeeds for the rest of this season. Bridgewater still has a lot to prove, and Keenum has done more in less time than Bridgewater on the field. I certainly agree they have the talent and coaching to make win non the less. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season and off season play out for the Vikings and what impact it could have in Buffalo in the off season.

I suppose if they thought he'd never play again that they wouldn't pick up his option, but I would have thought by March that they might have had a better handle on his recovery.