Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

By design.

Watch a Bills game without a "Tyrod sucks" mentality. The Bills get a lead and feel they don't need to play offense after that. Run, run, pass, punt is the McDermott/Dennison way when they are leading.... otherwise known as Jauron ball.

Ummmm no....just, no.....they don't intend Tyrod to over / under throw receivers....they don't intend for the pass to O'Leary with him basically knitting an f-ing sweater in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD to be at his ankles....they don't intend any of those things....Tyrod is fine for this year, but he did NOT, I repeat he DID NOT win those games...he managed them well enough NOT to lose...big difference.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Ummm yes. And watch another NFL game. QBs miss passes in every game. Wasn't a great throw by Tyrod, but it wasn't awful, just more over exaggerating by the Tyrod pitch fork people.

No....and no, the NFL QBs don't miss that type of throw, with no pressure, no defenders in the area and O'Leary virtually in slow-mo.....and let's not talk about agendas. He is who he is....just an average QB, with poor accuracy and timing. 

12 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

No....and no, the NFL QBs don't miss that type of throw, with no pressure, no defenders in the area and O'Leary virtually in slow-mo.....and let's not talk about agendas. He is who he is....just an average QB, with poor accuracy and timing. 

Matthew Stafford missed a wide open Golden Tate on Thanksgiving with the game on the line and with very little pressure. If he makes that throw, Tate scores and ties the game. He also missed on his final fourth down throw to Marvin Jones. Goff clearly missed an open Watkins twice yesterday; one ended up resulting in a PI and the other in an INT. Among other misses yesterday, Alex Smith badly missed an open Tyreek Hill on the key 4th down play with 2:50 to go. It was a poor throw, but since it wasn't analyzed by Trent Green, no one is talking about it. But it was worse throw by far than Taylor's, which while not perfect was very catchable and certainly within the receiver's catch radius (at his knees, not his ankles).  

Edited by dave mcbride

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Multiple things wrong with your post:

1.  You might not think playoffs are important, but that locker room does.  Those guys in the locker room put everything on the line every Sunday including their health, their lives, and their future.  They don't do that for any reason other than for each other to win...make the playoffs...and try to get to a Super Bowl.  You don't take that away from them when its obtainable just because some fans THINK a 5th round QB with a poor College Comp % and Record might be some sort of spark or savior.  

2.  There is a time and place to take a look at Peterman, and during the hunt for the playoffs is NOT the time.  But he did anyways, and it 100% blew up in his face.  Why did it blow up in his face...for using poor logic.  He SHOULD have started TT against Chargers and then pulled him if struggling for Peterman.  No one would blame him for trying to spark the team to win a key game.  Then if Peterman was way worse, like he was, it was a clear path back to TT.  If Peterman played well in victory or defeat, he had clear path to stick with him.  

I like Peterman as a developmental prospect...but his college resume is Meh, he only completed 50% of his passes in preseason, and his one start was atrocious and historically disastrous.  Most fans don't really understand players and football...if he goes back to Peterman now he will lose the locker room for good.  Jon Gruden lost his locker room and never coached again.  The ONLY time he can take a look at NP this season now without losing anymore respect or credibility is once the Bills are eliminated from the Playoffs.  

Unfortunately, that probably won't happen till the last game or two of the season now that we beat KC.   Sadly, had he handled the situation better and started TT and pulled him if struggling, he wouldn't be in this position.  Or even if he had pulled NP after the 3rd INT in the first quarter when the game was still winnable, but he stubbornly stuck with him and ended up with about the only way he could lose big in the situation.  

Hey Alpha dog, nice point with #2.  I agree.  I bet Peterman gets another chance at half time, because TT will be TT somewhere over the next 5 games.  Coach took a calculated risk with NP against Chargers because he felt that his quick release would give us a chance in a shoot out.  TT gives us no chance to score 30.  Coach's mistake was he miscalculated the ineptness of our OL.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Matthew Stafford missed a wide open Golden Tate on Thanksgiving with the game on the line and with very little pressure. If he makes that throw, Tate scores and ties the game. He also missed on his final fourth down throw to Marvin Jones. Goff clearly missed an open Watkins twice yesterday; one ended up resulting in a PI and the other in an INT. Among other misses yesterday, Alex Smith badly missed an open Tyreek Hill on the key 4th down play with 2:50 to go. It was a poor throw, but since it wasn't analyzed by Trent Green, no one is talking about it. But it was worse throw by far than Taylor's, which while not perfect was very catchable and certainly within the receiver's catch radius (at his knees, not his ankles).  

Ok, so now we’re putting Tyrod on same level as Stafford? Part of the problem with these arguments is that you’re comparing an isolated throw by one of the most gifted QBs in our time to Tyrod’s regularly errant throws. As for Goff, he’s a second year QB in NFL, and Smith has been abysmal in the last 5 weeks, so if we’re using that as the standard, I’d say we’ve lost the drive for excellence.

You and others like you will make excuses for Tyrod, as for me - I’m done. We have no other choice for this year and I hope the playoffs happen, however they happen, but for my take, I would do whatever is necessary to Draft the future of the franchise next April.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Hey Alpha dog, nice point with #2.  I agree.  I bet Peterman gets another chance at half time, because TT will be TT somewhere over the next 5 games.  Coach took a calculated risk with NP against Chargers because he felt that his quick release would give us a chance in a shoot out.  TT gives us no chance to score 30.  Coach's mistake was he miscalculated the ineptness of our OL.

• So Peterman gets another chance to be Peterman because Taylor is Taylor? It's hard to follow that logic. Taylor is better than Peterman, and it's not even close.
  • McDermott / Beane / Dennison took a flyer with Peterman because they thought their "system" trumped skill, experience, talent, and established record. And there ain't much "calculation" behind thinking that weak. 
  • Peterman's "quick release" gives the Bills a chance in a "shootout" ? Could you please tell me how you came up with that? From NP's meh college career, maybe? Or perhaps his 50% passing in preseason for 5.4 yards per attempt?
  • I'll grant Peterman demonstrated he can put 30 points on the board. Unfortunately it's for the other team.
  • And that "quick release" you're so hot on? That just delivers the ball to the cornerbacks & safeties that much sooner.
  • The only people unaware of the Bills' abysmal offensive line are people who didn't notice it when Taylor was playing. I wonder why?

Yeah. I shouldn't be such a grouch; I know. But I live in a world where people are obsessed with one erratic throw Taylor made yesterday, and it was a completion no less. Meanwhile dead-enders plot the glorious resurrection of gawdforsaken Peterman, which is just pathetic. Personally I doubt he sees the field the remainder of the year. He made McDermott look like a fool, and Bills' coaches cannot afford to look ludicrous. The average career span for a Bill's coach this millennium is about 2.75 years, and the clock is ticking.

If McDermott needs another clown show I'm sure he'll just hire one of those Bozos who do kiddie birthday parties. 

Edited by grb

Some people you can't make happy no matter what you do. A guy crying about one throw(or even

more) that was a little off. In the history of the NFL, TT has the lowest % of INTs to throws. You can

satisfy some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some time, but you can't satisfy

all of the people all of the time.  

With TT the choice is easy.    We're going with him in 18, but in the draft we have to get the QB of the future. With TT at 30,  Im not committed to locking him up long term on some 100 million dollar contract and committing the team to 3-5 more years of him.   The D really played well Sunday, .   What did Kareem Hunt and the Chiefs rush for?   That gets lost in the---------------------- we won therefore Taylor is the savior.    Our D gave up 10  points.   Yeah rookies and journeymen will lose you games.    But I cant, in my heart of hearts put the future of this team in a guy in the most positive light, is said, he wont lose the game for you.   And that at the most important position on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Some people you can't make happy no matter what you do. A guy crying about one throw(or even

more) that was a little off. In the history of the NFL, TT has the lowest % of INTs to throws. You can

satisfy some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some time, but you can't satisfy

all of the people all of the time.  

How about they also implement a more effective passing game to score more  points.   

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

How about they also implement a more effective passing game to score more  points.   

They were doing much better when they rolled Taylor out more and did naked boots and more designed runs. The TD yesterday was a reverse boot. 

So they pretty much abandon it. 

27 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Ok, so now we’re putting Tyrod on same level as Stafford? Part of the problem with these arguments is that you’re comparing an isolated throw by one of the most gifted QBs in our time to Tyrod’s regularly errant throws. As for Goff, he’s a second year QB in NFL, and Smith has been abysmal in the last 5 weeks, so if we’re using that as the standard, I’d say we’ve lost the drive for excellence.

You and others like you will make excuses for Tyrod, as for me - I’m done. We have no other choice for this year and I hope the playoffs happen, however they happen, but for my take, I would do whatever is necessary to Draft the future of the franchise next April.

You really can't make this crap up, can you? Some people hold a mass whine-fest over one whiff of a throw - and it was a completion no less. Some goodhearted person decides to help these people out - since it's obvious none of them ever saw another NFL game in their life. This good samaritan patiently explains every Sunday, in every game, every quarterback makes bad throws (plural - in case you didn't notice). He provides multiple examples, just to give these people a chance - at least a chance - of understanding. 

And the whiner's response? "Ok, so now we’re putting Tyrod on same level as Stafford?"  So much for understanding, huh?  Really : How can anyone be so dense.........

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

No, he won't get Zillions and be the long term answer, but he is a competent NFL QB who can win

games with a good supporting cast including a good OC.

I dont think its crazy that  a team could make a play on him before the draft.    The Jags have a win now defense.   TT is the anti-Bortles.    Marrone and Hack should love on TT.

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I dont think its crazy that  a team could make a play on him before the draft.    The Jags have a win now defense.   TT is the anti-Bortles.    Marrone and Hack should love on TT.

Denver is another possibility. But after the NP fiasco, I'm sure teams will just wait for the Bills to cut Taylor. Given the clumsy way McBeane played that, the best they could manage is another Dareus Deal - for a twenty-seventh round draft pick. Of course Taylor is still under contract, but I see this management putting a premium on saving face. 

5 minutes ago, grb said:

Denver is another possibility. But after the NP fiasco, I'm sure teams will just wait for the Bills to cut Taylor. Given the clumsy way McBeane played that, the best they could manage is another Dareus Deal - for a twenty-seventh round draft pick. Of course Taylor is still under contract, but I see this management putting a premium on saving face. 

Browns or CFL is the next stop. 

20 minutes ago, grb said:

You really can't make this crap up, can you? Some people hold a mass whine-fest over one whiff of a throw - and it was a completion no less. Some goodhearted person decides to help these people out - since it's obvious none of them ever saw another NFL game in their life. This good samaritan patiently explains every Sunday, in every game, every quarterback makes bad throws (plural - in case you didn't notice). He provides multiple examples, just to give these people a chance - at least a chance - of understanding. 

And the whiner's response? "Ok, so now we’re putting Tyrod on same level as Stafford?"  So much for understanding, huh?  Really : How can anyone be so dense.........

So I’m dense because you missed my point? Ok, so be it...and who’s whining? How about you read all my responses and see that I’m happy the Bills won and sincerely hope they keep winning...but that doesn’t mean they (or we) should be content with what is not great QB play. 

You can be, that’s your prerogative, but don’t confuse complacency with “dense”....until the  Bills acquire the kind of QB that can transcend the game, I will not be satisfied. I’m done with mediocre, or pedestrian, or “average”, and if that’s a point you can’t understand, then I’m not sure you should be trying to call out people for being “dense”.