OVERCOOKED OVERREACTION

theRalph

It was the worst possible scenario for a rookie to have his first start, the kid was drilled numerous times, our receivers after Benjamin  are awful, defense couldn't give him a short field even if there wasn't any interceptions...the TEAM got owned. Both Nate and Tyrod should refuse to play unless the stupidity ends. Its totally not right that these to should constantly be ripped apart when they are surrounded with ineptitude. Both of these Quarterbacks need a strong supporting cast to succeed. im not sure why there is such a need for the ranting on why Tyrod should be the starter and had never of been sat. Tyrods not a bad quarterback at all, hes just  not a good quarterback, hes an ideal back up. He can come in steady the ship, limit turnovers, and play well enough to give you a few wins. Hes just not good enough to make the players around him better, not good enough to be able to put the ball in his hands late in the fourth, not good enough to put the team on his shoulders. Wherever and whenever he plays in this league the team he is on will always be looking for something better, Nate may not be it but like Mcdermott said before that "it was a calculated risk to make the team better"  Is it better to swing for the fence and whiff or sit back and watch every pitch go buy you?

5 hours ago, Bills757 said:

If Peterman starts in KC, McD is shortening his own leash.  And if Peterman has another terrible game, he will get laughed out of a job.  I can only wonder how much ridicule the Pegulas will be able to take.  At this point, McD looks like a stubborn coach trying to justify what most consider a ridiculous decision by compounding it to make a point.  Boy was I fooled by this guy.

Or, it’s an admission that the defense is a train wreck with no help to be had in 2017, so instead of stretching the pain out over several seasons, McD and Beane are willing to compound the pain and sink the offense this season as well in the name of evaluation. 

Peterman did what I pretty much expected.  Couple good throws mixed in with a couple poor decisions.  O line didn't help much, and two of the picks weren't his fault.  But looked like a rookie QB.

Have said for a while he'll be the starter next year.  But for the foreseeable future TT gives us a better chance to win.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

We've been hearing that same line since the Bledsoe days. People called him a statue while others blamed the O-line. Then with JP Losman and Holcomb, people threw out every All-Time great saying "even they can't do anything behind that line!" Trent Edwards got the same excuses, as did EJ Manuel. "Tom Brady couldn't lead this team to a win today with a line like that!" 

Yes, our line sucks. But to say no QB's would've made a difference is also wrong. Problem is teams don't respect EITHER of our QBs' ability to throw and actually play the position. Nobody is afraid of Tyrod throwing more than a 6 yard pass at most. When he throws downfield, 90% of the time it's going to sail over the target's head, and all the rest of the times he's not even go see the open man. So what do defenses do? They stack the box and make our QBs play QB. 

Then we get destroyed. They can bring constant pressure, leaving man on man coverage because there's no respect for the player behind center. Just because our line is bad doesn't mean a better QB wouldn't help alleviate some of these issues tremendously. Russell Wilson had a crap line for several years and still managed to put the team on his back. It does matter believe it or not.

But our line most times only take a 1 for teams get to the QB. It's getting our QB killed. No QB can survive that. It also affects the WRS spot as well

Why is the Bills OL so bad this season?  This was a good run blocking line the previous three years, and it was adequate at pass blocking.  In fact, it was generally thought that LG John Miller, drafted in 2015, was a promising starter who would solidify the line of Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller with second round OT Dion Dawkins switching over to take the RT spot.   When Glenn can go, Dawkins does, indeed, move over to RT. 

While it's true that Cordy Glenn has been out a lot this season (contrary to claims by some posters on TBD, he hasn't missed significant time previously), the real problem here is that at least some of the Bills OLers don't seem to fit the blocking scheme that they've been forced into.  This has been an issue since TC.  That veteran OLers like Incognito and Wood are STILL having trouble with the scheme suggests that it simply doesn't fit what most of them do well.  It certainly has been a disaster for Miller since he's been supplanted by Vlad Ducasse, an OG who has failed on every single team he's been on.

A competent coaching staff would be smart enough to understand that the OL is the foundation of the offense, and would adapt the blocking scheme to fit their personnel when they come into a situation with a decent OL, not try to remake it into something it's not for no valid reason other than this is what the coaches want.  Of course, a competent coaching staff would also understand that having at least one WR capable of stretching the field has to be an essential part of modern day offenses simply because modern defenses are so much more sophisticated than they were twenty or thirty years ago.  Then again, a competent coaching staff would not only make sure that a rookie QB making his first NFL start was properly prepared, they would draw up a game plan designed to protect him as much as possible by featuring lots of running plays, max protections, and as safe as passing plays as possible.

Riddle me this, McDermott supporters, why the hell wasn't Peterman protected by a simplified, limited game plan?  Your hero screwed that kid by throwing him to the wolves in the persons of Joey Bosa and Company with a game plan that he couldn't have success with even if the Bills had better talent and had played better.   

7 hours ago, Xerx said:

Everyone keeps tossing that first INT on DiMarco...

1. It hit his hands should catch it- this applies to SKILL PLAYERS

2. DiMarco IS NOT a SKILL player

3. That was a throw that needed touch, floated ahead of, not lasered at his forhead.

4. We can blame Dennison for having DiMarco on the field, but you need to recognize who you are throwing the ball too as well.

5. That WAS NOT ALL on DiMarco...he's not paid to catch passes (thankfully)

That Dennison, he sure is tricky.  Fools everyone, including himself by having DiMarco catch a pass.

No weapons in the passing game, no O-line, questionable playcalls, a D that will soon have you playing from behind, and I mean far behind, and an opposing D that can get after the passer.

Pretty much set up to fail from the get go. We will see more of Peterman before the year is out, either in KC or after we are eliminated from the playoffs, which may be soon but in any case seems inevitable.

Some think we have already seen enuf of Peterman. Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment but I need to see more before forming a view. I think Johnny U once threw 4 picks in a game.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

If you consider that short pass a "laser" at his forehead, you're blind. Anyone playing in the freaking NFL should catch that ball. Your excuses against Peterman are worse than most of the ones covering for him.

True. If you asked DiMarco somehow I don't think he'd say "well whadya expect. He threw a laser at my head" lol. Manos di pietras.