Trump was right

T-Bomb

This franchise will never be a winner with Pegula.

He may have saved the WNY sports teams, but what the hell is the point of it all if they can't compete in their respective leagues?

McDermott has neutered himself and lost credibility with his players.

It's very clear that Peterman was not ready to start an NFL game, and if McBeane thought he was, the drought is not ending anytime soon.

It just may have been better for WNY'ers in the long run if both teams left the region.

Edited by T-Bomb

14 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

He may have saved the WNY sports teams, but what the hell is the point of it all if they can't compete in their respective leagues?

It's very clear that Peterman was not ready to start an NFL game, and if McBeane thought he was, the drought is not ending anytime soon.

It just may have been better for WNY'ers in the long run if both teams left the region.

Man just stop already. Rookie regimes and coaches make mistakes. It happens.

With your thinking half the cities with any pro franchises don't deserve them.

Edited by cba fan

Even if he did lose credibility among the players, 50% of them won’t be here next year so that doesn’t matter.

The season was supposed to be a rough one, they got lucky with turnovers early on in the season, when that stopped and Taylor was not challenging defenses, McDermott gambled on Peterman to be a game changer in the passing offense since the AFC was very bad and all they had to do was prove they could win with offense. 

The gamble didn’t pay off, McDermott lost his shirt, now we get to see if Taylor with a chip on his shoulder and see if he will finally pass the ball and challenge defenses knowing he has nothing left to lose.

Weird NFL season, but the Bills are now looking like we thought they would look at the beginning of the season. They are 5-5 and Taylor has an opportunity to beat two tough teams and change all of the perceptions. No need to get overly dramatic about this.

Edited by 1billsfan

Just now, 1billsfan said:

No need to get overly dramatic about this.

Hmm, I didn't think I was being overly dramatic...

I think questioning Pegula as a competent owner is quite valid at this stage of his ownership of both the teams.

He gave the keys to the Kingdom to a guy who actually thought Peterman was ready to start.

20 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

That's all that he needed to do for a great many Bills and Sabres fans.  They don't require a quality product, just the ability to go to games.

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

That's all that he needed to do for a great many Bills and Sabres fans.  They don't require a quality product, just the ability to go to games.

That doesn't make any sense...  But if that's the case, maybe WNY fans are getting what they deserve.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

That doesn't make any sense...  But if that's the case, maybe WNY fans are getting what they deserve.

May not be logical to you, but look at the facts.  No playoffs, or even a whiff of them, this century for the Bills yet the stadium is still packed every week.  Many go for the event, to party, be with other fans and so on.  They would prefer a quality team, but it is obviously not a requirement.

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

May not be logical to you, but look at the facts.  No playoffs, or even a whiff of them, this century for the Bills yet the stadium is still packed every week.  Many go for the event, to party, be with other fans and so on.  They would prefer a quality team, but it is obviously not a requirement.

Hmm, maybe that speaks to the intelligence of the fans.  The purpose of sports is to compete to win, not party...

I'd take the Pegula's over Trump ANY DAY. 

Had trump bought the team theyd they'd be on their way to wherever he could make the most profit.

This post is a total overreaction IMO. Both teams are in the rebuilding stage. The Bills haven't even started the building stage of their rebuild. They are still just getting rid of guys and stockpiling picks. 

Maybe we can wait and see what happens when they actually start adding talent with their pile of draft picks before we declare that they are forever a failure? 

26 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Get over yourself...the team sucks either way...no love lost...continue to build...go bills!

10 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Hmm, I didn't think I was being overly dramatic...

I think questioning Pegula as a competent owner is quite valid at this stage of his ownership of both the teams.

He gave the keys to the Kingdom to a guy who actually thought Peterman was ready to start.

I think it's been done in about 37 other threads over the past month. 

It was one decision in a season where a loss > a win.

Let's not pretend he did something as bad as lose 4 consecutive super bowls.

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Maybe we can wait and see what happens when they actually start adding talent with their pile of draft picks before we declare that they are forever a failure?

Like the Sabres have done?  Oh wait...

The "process" has already folded in on McBeane, sure, we can see what happens in the draft, but I think we can interpolate the results in the coming seasons already.  Sure its risky, but I think we can based on the talent evaluation they have shown in choosing Peterman, then deciding he was a better option than Tyrod.

Edited by T-Bomb

Taking Trump and politics out of the equation, does anybody really believe the Pegulas are good owners or have a clue what they are doing?

The Sabres and Bills are complete messes and neither team is going anywhere soon.

And I still question why on earth they have kept people like Russ Brandon (who has even more power with the Pegulas since he's essentially the hatchet man for both teams now) and Jim Overdorf around.

Also considering how easily seduced they were by Rex Ryan and now Sean McD it just seems they are truly in over their heads.