Trump was right

T-Bomb

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Something about this franchise has to be, it's definitely not going to be the product on the field.

just stop it.  as i've mentioned many times today already,  it was never about this year, but rather about what is being built going forward.  it may never be build properly, but this year really doesn't let me know much about this team at this point.  

besides, the moment a poster states he or she thinks the bills/sabres are better off leaving, i know they're just being little bitches.  

Just now, aceman_16 said:

What about grabbing Poyer, Hyde, Hauschka, etc? Are these players taken into your consideration for talent evaluation OR just the Peterman call? Were you saying they sucked when they were 5 and 2 or just now in more of a hindsight manner?

They sure are, but how much of a difference are they making?  They are outliers at best.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Russ Brandon is pulling the strings for the Sabres too. Pegula's truly believe this guy is a genius hence why I said fans of both teams are in trouble because of how easily swayed they are by used car salesmen types like Brandon, Rex Ryan, and now McD/Beane.

Just goes to show any braindead idiot can get rich if they are lucky like how Terry Pegula and his bartender wife did with oil.

Lol Pegula isn't a billionaire because he's an idiot.... He may not know how to run a sports franchise, but thats ignorant to say he's an idiot because of that.

He's obviously made many smart moves in his life to get him to a net worth of around 5 billion or whatever it is....

1 minute ago, teef said:

just stop it.  as i've mentioned many times today already,  it was never about this year, but rather about what is being built going forward.  it may never be build properly, but this year really doesn't let me know much about this team at this point.  

besides, the moment a poster states he or she thinks the bills/sabres are better off leaving, i know they're just being little bitches.  

I dunno, does 20 more years of this sound like it's a good thing, or would you rather look back 20 years from now and be relieved you didn't waste your time?

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Lol Pegula isn't a billionaire because he's an idiot.... He may not know how to run a sports franchise, but thats ignorant to say he's an idiot because of that.

He's obviously made many smart moves in his life to get him to a net worth of around 5 billion or whatever it is....

He’s probably not an idiot, he’s just incredibly socially awkward,  and knows nothing about owning sports teams. 

Just now, T-Bomb said:

I dunno, does 20 more years of this sound like it's a good thing, or would you rather look back 20 years from now and be relieved you didn't waste your time?

dude, it's a game.  if you don't like it, just move on from it.  we all know you're a downer by trait, but good lord this is some next level nonsense.  you posted once that you were glad that you never fell into peer pressure and drank/partied with friends.  maybe you should have.  stuff like this wouldn't seem so serious to you.

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

He’s probably not an idiot, he’s just incredibly socially awkward,  and knows nothing about owning sports teams. 

That's fair to say.

But I would say he's definitely not an idiot and I would say he's an extremely smart business man.

You don't fluke your way to being a multi billionaire

4 minutes ago, teef said:

dude, it's a game.  if you don't like it, just move on from it.  we all know you're a downer by trait, but good lord this is some next level nonsense.  you posted once that you were glad that you never fell into peer pressure and drank/partied with friends.  maybe you should have.  stuff like this wouldn't seem so serious to you.

It is just a game, but is it more than that for WNY'ers? I hear all the time that it is.

I definitely think it's time WNY sports fans start to question Pegula as an owner.

Edited by T-Bomb

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yes this is probably a more accurate description.

I'm sure he's a great guy, him and his wife, but dosn't mean I want them owning my sports teams unless something drastically changes.

Either way the ridiculously long list of folks collecting fat paychecks from the Pegulas after being fired is about to grow the next few years between Phil Housely and then McD/Beane.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

That's fair to say.

But I would say he's definitely not an idiot and I would say he's an extremely smart business man.

You don't fluke your way to being a multi billionaire

I think Kim is also an extremely smart businesswomen, and plays a huge role in the Pegula empire that is often discounted. 

Just now, T-Bomb said:

It is just a game, but is it more than that for WNY'ers? I hear it all the time that it is.

I definitely think it's time WNY fans start to question Pegula as an owner.

are you from wny?  i am.  i was born and raised here.  moved away, and came back.  guess what...it's still a game.  i missed the game yesterday to take my daughter to disney on ice because guess why?  it's...a...game.  if it's more than just a game to anyone, time to re-evaluate.  

in terms of questioning pegula as an owner...go ahead.  i'm not really a hockey guy, but i completely get how fans are frustrated.  concerning the bills, people are going to have to let this play out a year or two.

8 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

So why are you here, on the Bills board then, "wasting your time"? 

8 minutes ago, teef said:

Was he like this every week on bbmb?

38 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Hmm, maybe that speaks to the intelligence of the fans.  The purpose of sports is to compete to win, not party...

The purpose of the NFL, and all professional sports, is to make money as a entertainment industry.  It has no other intrinsic value.  As long as enough of the fans are entertained by a low quality product, it's all good.

Just now, Gugny said:

Was he like this every week on bbmb?

no.  he's not a bad poster, but some times the take are so downer-ish.  i get what he's saying too, but anytime anyone states the bills/sabres should have moved, i question them as a fan.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

All of my 44 years.

and is it more than just a game to you?

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The purpose of the NFL, and all professional sports, is to make money as a entertainment industry.  It has no other intrinsic value.  As long as enough of the fans are entertained by a low quality product, it's all good.

this is the reality of it.