11-20: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

26CornerBlitz

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills OC Rick Dennison said Monday that Nathan Peterman "made some bad decisions with the football" against the Chargers. Dennison said some of those throws were made under duress and Peterman should have taken the sack. But Dennison adds he feels Peterman is smart and will learn from it.

Bills OC Rick Dennison said Monday there were four or five plays in the first 15 scripted plays of Sunday's game that were intended for Kelvin Benjamin. He was a big part of the game plan before going down with a knee injury on the opening drive.

Bills OC Rick Dennison said Monday that Nathan Peterman "made some bad decisions with the football" but knew where the ball was supposed to go.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Nobody should have expected McD to announce any QB decision today. No matter how he feels or what choice he may have already made, he wasn't going to say anything publicly until after he's been in the QB room later today after they've had a chance to analyze the video. The first people to know are going to be his QBs in that classroom setting. 

I'm more curious about his meeting with that "leadership council" he mentioned and whether or not he's just paying lip service in that regard. 

Unfortunately, on the leadership council, McDermott just replaced Tyrod with Nate, Kyle with Cedric Thornton, and Steven Hauschka with Reid Ferguson. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

I hate to even use his name but do you think Belichick would be "evaluating" a 5th rd QB who just threw 5 picks in one half of play.  That kid would have been on the first bus out of town.  You have to start with good coaching and if McDermott hasn't figured out that Dennison can't produce then he's going to be "evaluating" hit "process" all damn year.  Go watch other teams.  They get guys wide open.  They get easy passes and good running lanes.  Dennison took Manning who had just thrown 94 TD passes in two years and had him benched by the end of the season.

Belicheck

1) wouldn't have started a 5th round rookie until he was the only QB left in the building.  and that woulda been a long time coming because WITH Tom Brady firmly holding down the franchise QB spot, NE spent a 2nd round pick on Jimmy G and a 3rd round pick on Jacoby Brissett.  In fact, NE spends so many 2,3, and 4th round picks on QB you'd think they're looking for one
2) if he did start a 5th round rookie, he would have seen to it that McDaniels carefully crafted a game plan that didn't expect too much out of him - not one that expected him to go out there and "sling it" and show everybody how a WCO is run

3) he would have done what needed to be done to help the OL and keep the D pressure to a simmer

In defense of Dennison with Manning, though,

1) Manning was done.  A ghost of himself. 

2) Very hard to separate Kubiak and Dennison here.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

To me they both had horrible games each one as starter . But not going to discount Peterman over one game. 

That wasn’t just a horrible game. It was the worst debut ever by a quarterback. A distinction I can’t imagine ever being over taken. To call Petermans debut a a horrible game is an understatement. 

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

I hate to even use his name but do you think Belichick would be "evaluating" a 5th rd QB who just threw 5 picks in one half of play.  That kid would have been on the first bus out of town.  You have to start with good coaching and if McDermott hasn't figured out that Dennison can't produce then he's going to be "evaluating" hit "process" all damn year.  Go watch other teams.  They get guys wide open.  They get easy passes and good running lanes.  Dennison took Manning who had just thrown 94 TD passes in two years and had him benched by the end of the season.

The Patriots aren’t cute. They do what works. I’ve seen the pats run the same damn play 5 times straight until the d proved they could stop it. They do what makes sense. We bench a starter one game up in the playoff race and hide behind trusting the system. And some try to justify it. Give up almost 309 yards rushing and bench our QB. How can you trust McDermott’s judgement after this move? 

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

From the sounds of it, we are getting Nate again.

I get that feel too. Also get the feel that Dennison doesn’t like Tyrod. All praise for Peterman. Several subtle indictments of Tyrod still learning the system and trying to grasp everything. 

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Charles Manson: "I don't regret the decision, I regret the result."

Is McNugget really not acknowledging his decision had no effect on the result? What a pile of garbage this guy is spewing. As the leader and decision maker he needs to take accountability and eat some crow. No one evaluates a rookie 5th rounder in the middle of a playoff hunt. At what point does his "positive only act" wear thin with the players. I sure hope the Jedi council gives him the business for a terrible decision he needs to own. 

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So far they have managed to build a pile of feces.

So apparently they intend to make the pile larger and more impressive - like one you would take a picture of and text to your buddies.  "Hey check this massive turd out!  Barely fits in the bowl!""

8 hours ago, Peter said:

I think you are on to something here.

Given all of the cliches, I bet there is a motivational book or two that McCoach has read where these come from.  Perhaps:

"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Rookie NFL Coaches"

"How to Win Games & Influence the Pegulas"

"Awaken the Backup QB Within"

"Don't Sweat the Small (Run) Stuff(ers)"

"The Power of Positive Cliches"

That's funny, well played!