I wanna see Peterman start a game again this year

Steptide

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Well, honestly this team could still realistically win 4 games. We all know Tyrod is gone next year, but I still wanna see this team try and get to the playoffs. 

Playoffs??? Playoffs???

Maybe I'm speaking heresy but outside of breaking the drought, which would at least get rid of an embarrassing situation, I can't really get excited about the playoffs. They are not first and foremost in my thinking. We would be a laughably bad team lucking into them not because we deserve to be there but because of a historically mediocre AFC and the whims of the ever fickle football gods. We would also get blown out in the first round. You go to the playoffs with the intention of progressing, whether you do or not. We can't credibly have that intention.  To me job one is not making the playoffs but trying to figure out what to do to improve what might be the worst tire fire in the NFL which furthermore looks like it may burn on into the forseeable future. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't really care if it's Roman or my mother.  Get Dennison out.  The guy is totally inept.  We had a high scoring offense last year, this year Shady has little room to run, TT is boxed into the pocket--he's better throwing on the run, and then when Peterman starts, the O-line crumbles in his face and he is in the booth instead of on the sideline to talk face to face w/ his rookie QB.  Overall a failure.  

Can your mother game-plan and scheme?  'Cuz I'd give her a shot, if so

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

I am not sure I understand your reference with that 

Because you tried to explain why the Bills played well against the Broncos because Siemian sucked. But Josh McCown had his way with the Bills. I don't buy missing Dareus is the sole reason for the defense regressing. He simply did not play enough before to have been a factor.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I agree. I think the O-Line should donate their game checks to charity. They definitely didn't earn them.

The first int was all on our worthless FB. 2 of the next 4 ints were on the embarrassing line giving him 1.25 seconds to throw before pressure. I'd like to see NP again but not until INS commits to an adult oline.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Because you tried to explain why the Bills played well against the Broncos because Siemian sucked. But Josh McCown had his way with the Bills. I don't buy missing Dareus is the sole reason for the defense regressing. He simply did not play enough before to have been a factor.

I think McCown threw for under 200 that game? Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm honestly not 100 percent sure.

What I am sure about is the Bills got gashed on the ground that game and gave up 250 yards roughly. McCown didn't even have to throw alot

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I think McCown threw for under 200 that game? Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm honestly not 100 percent sure.

What I am sure about is the Bills got gashed on the ground that game and gave up 250 yards roughly. McCown didn't even have to throw alot

Well when your run game is gashing a team, you don't start throwing it up, despite what many here insist. But when he did throw, he had no pressure and had his pick of passers to throw to. The point is even low level QBs are lighting us up and it is more than just losing Dareus.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well when your run game is gashing a team, you don't start throwing it up, despite what many here insist. But when he did throw, he had no pressure and had his pick of passers to throw to. The point is even low level QBs are lighting us up and it is more than just losing Dareus.

I will agree with you that it's more than just losing Dareus, but I will also say losing him has obviously played a role in the defensive collapse. 

It really is hard to argue the stats with vs without him, and that goes for Jacksonville's numbers as well.

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

i dont see how anyone can come to that conclusion.  Peterman may have had the worst debut in NFL history.  

Like I said in a separate thread - it's not as if Peterman threw five picks on terrible throws from clean pockets. The Chargers tee'd off on the rookie and Peterman didn't get much support from his teammates/coaches.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Like I said in a separate thread - it's not as if Peterman threw five picks on terrible throws from clean pockets. The Chargers tee'd off on the rookie and Peterman didn't get much support from his teammates/coaches.

Alot of QBs have had poor protection.  You can't heave up arm punts and then blame protection for doing so.  A couple pressures were avoidable those that were not protect the ball and take the sack.  He just isn't ready.  You can not take your drop and be unwilling to move off your spot in the NFL. Step up sway to the side.  I give Peterman credit for keep heaving them out there but that doesn't get it done in the NFL.  I put faith in that the coaches thought he was ready.  In the end I expect Dennison to be the fail guy for this.

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one is trying to "sell" it as "the sole reason".  But a factor, yes.  Look at the facts, please.
(It was later pointed out to me Oak was missing their best RB when they played us)
Then if you like, look at Jax run D after Dareus - again, it's not a perfect correlation, he's not the "sole reason" but there does look to be a trend.

But proceed...

4 hours ago, xsoldier54 said:

So it's the OC's fault when the O line can't get out of their own way on first and second down and can't protect on third and long?  Not buying it.

No, but he should be able to see the contributions of his oline coach or lack thereof, and who is starting on that line. One - send Ducasse back to the hole he crawled out from. Two - move Groy to Guard if Miller cant cut it. Three - while I don't recall Henderson being a stud, he sure looked better than Mills...