Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

per  the local radio hosts , one being Steve Czaban, who are in contact with the team practically every day 

The FO is  just not sold on Kirk.  

How could you be? He puts up big numbers but his record is terrible. Wins count not 300 yard passing games. Rivers 2.0

We have a better record with Tyrod with no weapons and nearly even net point differential for the two teams(actually slightly favoring the Redskins) over the last 3 years. And Cousins doesnt get 2 automatic Ls every year from the Patriots in his division. 

How do people just ignore the fact that he does not make anyone around him better nor the team??

Enough with "the team around him stinks". Its roughly the same talent as the Bills teams and Cousins has done WORSE than a very limited Taylor. With a offensive HC and well respected offensive mind in Jay Gruden.

Just save the money and resign Taylor of you are wanting to go this route because Cousins wont get us any more wins and might get us more losses.

There is literally no valid argument for why Cousins has a worse record than Taylor.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

1 playoff game and lost. Not what I am looking for. Let someone else overpay for him.

when was the last time brees was in the playoffs?  it takes a great team to win consistently and win in the playoffs.  why does flacco have a ring and a whole bunch of playoff wins?  cause he always has a crazy good defense that helps him win.  sign cousins and get a great draft and you have youself a winning team for the next decade.  look at luck...all the talent in the world but they can't draft defense to save their lives. it's what happened with peyton. 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

when was the last time brees was in the playoffs?  it takes a great team to win consistently and win in the playoffs.  why does flacco have a ring and a whole bunch of playoff wins?  cause he always has a crazy good defense that helps him win.  sign cousins and get a great draft and you have youself a winning team for the next decade.  look at luck...all the talent in the world but they can't draft defense to save their lives. it's what happened with peyton. 

Sorry I don't want a guy I have to surround with tons of talent to make the playoffs. We already have that in Tyrod. Who has a betrer record than Cousins. With roughly the same talent. No...Cousins isnt going to take you anywhere. He doesn't elevate anyones play...he doesnt elevate the teams play.

He is a blah QB who puts up big numbers but doesn't win games. We can finish 7-9,8-8 and 9-7 with Taylor just fine and pay a hell of a lot less. I want somerhing better than what we have here not worse.

Edited by matter2003

Cousins has some brain farts being prone to the occasional bad int but he would clearly be the best qb we've had in the last 20 years. Cousins with the draft picks would make us a solid playoff team.

I just dont think we have the money for him. We are a short flight to michigan so we have that going for us.

Just now, Haze_21 said:

Cousins has some brain farts being prone to the occasional bad int but he would clearly be the best qb we've had in the last 20 years. Cousins with the draft picks would make us a solid playoff team.

I just dont think we have the money for him. We are a short flight to michigan so we have that going for us.

No he would not be. He be the best stat QB we had but we would likely have the same or worse record.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

alex smith? good god not another tyrod

I never understand the Alex Smith/Hotrod comparison.  Alex is a much smarter QB who can bring his team back in the 2nd half to win when needed. I also think he's a much more accurate passer and he does have wheels.  He can play form the pocket.  He'd be a perfect fit for what Rico and Coach McDermott want to do IMHO. He has won playoff games with 2 different teams.  He would look great in a Bills suit.  Trade their number one pick back for him and then they can play with their new shiny QB.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I never understand the Alex Smith/Hotrod comparison.  Alex is a much smarter QB who can bring his team back in the 2nd half to win when needed. I also think he's a much more accurate passer and he does have wheels.  He can play form the pocket.  He'd be a perfect fit for what Rico and Coach McDermott want to do IMHO. He has won playoff games with 2 different teams.  He would look great in a Bills suit.  Trade their number one pick back for him and then they can play with their new shiny QB.

oh god no. that would be such a billsy move.  just awful idea. i'd rather go get ghonorrea. 

40 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Anyone trading a number one pick for Alex Smith should be fired before they can do it.

This is ludicrous

He is going to get cut. Why would you offer them anything? Just wait for him to be cut.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

If you take Cousins and pay him, you're virtually guaranteeing yourself you will need to fill almost every other hole via Draft, meaning you'll need every pick you've got and then some....so, to take a QB early would not be a wise investment...now, if you found a guy like Russell Wilson in the 3rd, then you Draft him and see what happens. But if you're taking Cousins, you need to make early gains on your 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Exactly 100% right. You build around your QB not the broken crap way the Bills have done since Y2K.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Way too much for a guy who isnt going to make you better.

...EXACTLY.......mediocre at best and mediocrity breeds contempt.......then again there's crazy money willing to over pay for mediocrity out of desperation because the pickings are ugly........

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

How could you be? He puts up big numbers but his record is terrible. Wins count not 300 yard passing games. Rivers 2.0

We have a better record with Tyrod with no weapons and nearly even net point differential for the two teams(actually slightly favoring the Redskins) over the last 3 years. And Cousins doesnt get 2 automatic Ls every year from the Patriots in his division. 

How do people just ignore the fact that he does not make anyone around him better nor the team??

Enough with "the team around him stinks". Its roughly the same talent as the Bills teams and Cousins has done WORSE than a very limited Taylor. With a offensive HC and well respected offensive mind in Jay Gruden.

Just save the money and resign Taylor of you are wanting to go this route because Cousins wont get us any more wins and might get us more losses.

There is literally no valid argument for why Cousins has a worse record than Taylor.

Tyrod could not hold Cousins junk. From all the posts you wrote you obviously know jack squat about the Washington Redskins, bolded is 100% lame. Go see how Garcon and Jackson are doing without Cousins.

Cousins has no D, WR's, RB or O-line. For someone that sucks so bad, how does he have 24 games over 300 yards passing, 3 of which are over 400 yards? When Cousins was able to play with real WR's -> 2 of them went over 1000 yards and another real close with 850 yards.  All that he still had a weak running game and weak O-line play and made the playoffs.

Tyrod would look like one of the worst QB's in the league without a running game. When is the last time 3 Bills Wr's had 3000 yards combined in one season?  GOOD luck with that.

Edited by Real McCoy

38 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Way too much for a guy who isnt going to make you better.

I fail to see how he won't make this team any better than Tyrod has. Cousins is a better QB all around than Tyrod is and actually takes chances. He will make the team better even if it's slightly better. If they draft the right players and make a couple other moves in free agency then we can be a lot better

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Is this for real? You taking QBWINZ? Cousins has done worse than Taylor? 

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Is this for real? You taking QBWINZ? Cousins has done worse than Taylor? 

At the end of the day the only stat that matters. Cousins is not an upgrade to that. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I fail to see how he won't make this team any better than Tyrod has. Cousins is a better QB all around than Tyrod is and actually takes chances. He will make the team better even if it's slightly better. If they draft the right players and make a couple other moves in free agency then we can be a lot better

How does he have a worse record than Tyrod then? Some QBs put up lots of numbers but don't win you games. Cousins falls squarely into this category.  Too many people want numbers. I dont need a QB to throw 4500 yards and finish 8-8. That's not good enough sorry, nor does it make sense on ANY level to pay a guy that much to produce that result.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

At the end of the day the only stat that matters. Cousins is not an upgrade to that. 

But that's not how it works. Wins are a TEAM stat, not a QB stat. Upgrading the QB spot improves the team, which will in all likelihood improve the W/L.