Lets just go for Kirk Cousins in the offseason

Buffalo03

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't want to waste another 5 years waiting to see if a drafted QB is going to work out again. Lets just go for the proven guy. Go get Kirk Cousins in the offseason and focus the draft on other needs

Totally on board with this.

Checks all the boxes.  Character, Stats, leadership.

Get'r done

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd rather draft our own guy and I'd be surprised if he decided to come to Buffalo if he reaches UFA. 

I agree with 26.

Redskins are tailspinning--lost 4 of last 6.  Let Snyder keep blowing huge cap on this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree with 26.

Redskins are tailspinning--lost 4 of last 6.  Let Snyder keep blowing huge cap on this guy.

Take a look at the Redskins schedule. They would be a playoff team in the AFC, easy.

Their defense collapsed today against NO, but Cousins played great. He has been top 10 in passer rating 3 straight years.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nope. If the last 3 games have taught us anything, it's this:  this team is nowhere near being able to compete. That tells me that it's time to go with a rookie QB

The problem with this though, is if you miss in the draft then you set this team back another 5 years. With our track record of drafting the past 17 years we will most likely end up drafting the wrong guy. Cousins easily has another 10 years ahead of him. It would be the same as drafting our own guy except we would be paying him a lot more money up front

30 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Maybe Alex Smith would give us 5 years or so to rebuild but still contend 

The sad part is Smith could have already been on this team a long time ago, when he was getting pushed out of the scene in San Francisco.

Why the hell not pursue both plans!  Aggressively pursue our guy in the draft and go buy Cousins on the open market and see how things play out.

If we dump Tyrod we'll have a bunch more cash floating around, plus there are going to be more salary savings next year as this roster becomes totally reshaped. 

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd rather draft our own guy and I'd be surprised if he decided to come to Buffalo if he reaches UFA. 

Ding, ding!!! Why don't for once the Bills spend some real picks on a qb?

but who cares about qb?  We have zone cbs and replacement for talented players we let go to replace.

With all the holes and all the "dead cap" money, we couldn't afford to sign a guy like that and fix anything else wrong with the team. He would have to be Tom Brady to even think about winning with this current roster.

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

No thanks- 30-35 mil a year for a qb that is a little above average. Lets draft our guy

You won't have to pay him that much money. He would only make that much money by being on the franchise tag for a 3rd straight year, otherwise we could get him for between $20-$25 million a season. I wouldn't call him a little above average either. He's a fairly good QB if you ask me

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ding, ding!!! Why don't for once the Bills spend some real picks on a qb?

but who cares about qb?  We have zone cbs and replacement for talented players we let go to replace.

Again though, if we miss in the draft on a QB then we will set the franchise back another 5 years. Do you really want to take that chance?