A few random thoughts on blowout #3

BmarvB

1) What a rude welcome to the NFL for Nate Peterman. He was clearly not ready but it wasn't all his fault. He got little help from the rest of the offense. Two of his INT's resulted from being hit as he threw, and the pick 6 was because the ball bounced off the receiver's hands. The other's were on him (learning experience). He'll be ok. It was worth a try but boy did that decision to toss him in the fire ever blow up in McDermott's face big time

2) You think TT knew something we didn't? He had his helmet on at the start of the game like he knew he was going to be back on the field. He's our best option at QB, Deal with it haters, and learn to appreciate him. I think this experience will help him going forward. Accuracy is still an issue but we've seen the alternative.

3) What happened to the defense? From top 5 to a dumpster fire at a train wreck in 3 weeks, each beating worse than the last one. and once again, the 3rd RB broke a TD run on them. So much for bend but don't break. They got bent over and broken in royally. He needs faster Linebackers for his defense, and those zones have too many open holes for QB's to take advantage of - especially with very little or no pass rush. Thy gave up 50 to a team with a losing record, and it could have easily been 60.

4) Cadet looks more useful in the backfield than Tolbert. This guy needs more time backing up Shady

5) How could what was once a good offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing offense two years in a row decline so fast? Is it age or coaching? 

6) Speaking of Coaching, they don't get a pass on this. 3 straight :censored:whippings, each one worse than the last ? outscored 101--34 over the last 3 games?

Both coordinators belong on the hot seat right now

7) Next up are the Chiefs and Patriots. This could get uglier before it gets better.

Come guys, get it together quickly!!!!
GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Well as far as 5 goes . . .

I think the successful part of the running last year was the strength of Glenn and Incognito side by side with a pretty dependable Wood next door, the whole right side was a mess and we were just able to plan around it mostly by bringing our left linemen to the right.

Now Glenn is hurt and Incognito and Wood are a year older.  I'm not sure the right side has gotten better either.

And I haven't even mentioned Roman yet.

Edited by Steve Billieve
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BmarvB said:

Roman's run concepts were great. Dennison's, not so great, and it's showing

What can they say after that?

Whatever McD has to say, would sure like to hear it... Tomorrow, maybe... Peterman has to speak, and Taylor as well.... Can’t hide... They all must need a good night’s sleep and time to reflect...

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Whatever McD has to say, would sure like to hear it... Tomorrow, maybe... Peterman has to speak, and Taylor as well.... Can’t hide... They all must need a good night’s sleep and time to reflect...

I doubt if they'll get a good night's sleep, but they need time to think about what they're going to say about that

I feel like McDermott lost this team.  The Saints are on fire, but the other two blowout were to teams that are not very good.   Buffalo had beaten better teams than the Jets and Chargers.     Something happened, the team has shut down on him.  It does not help that he seems to be in complete denial during the press conference.

Buffalo is 5-5 and this is looking like a year where 9 wins, maybe even 8 is a wildcard.    Even with that, Buffalo has never seemed so far away from making it.   As the great Jim Mora quotes "PLAYOFFS?!!! I'd be surprised if we win another game this year ."   I understand that they were intended to rebuild this year but when you are 5-2 you roll with it and not sabotage your way into a rebuilding year like the management seems to have done. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Believer said:

Their pressers were on wgr...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BmarvB said:

1) What a rude welcome to the NFL for Nate Peterman. He was clearly not ready but it wasn't all his fault. He got little help from the rest of the offense. Two of his INT's resulted from being hit as he threw, and the pick 6 was because the ball bounced off the receiver's hands. The other's were on him (learning experience). He'll be ok. It was worth a try but boy did that decision to toss him in the fire ever blow up in McDermott's face big time

2) You think TT knew something we didn't? He had his helmet on at the start of the game like he knew he was going to be back on the field. He's our best option at QB, Deal with it haters, and learn to appreciate him. I think this experience will help him going forward. Accuracy is still an issue but we've seen the alternative.

3) What happened to the defense? From top 5 to a dumpster fire at a train wreck in 3 weeks, each beating worse than the last one. and once again, the 3rd RB broke a TD run on them. So much for bend but don't break. They got bent over and broken in royally. He needs faster Linebackers for his defense, and those zones have too many open holes for QB's to take advantage of - especially with very little or no pass rush. Thy gave up 50 to a team with a losing record, and it could have easily been 60.

4) Cadet looks more useful in the backfield than Tolbert. This guy needs more time backing up Shady

5) How could what was once a good offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing offense two years in a row decline so fast? Is it age or coaching? 

6) Speaking of Coaching, they don't get a pass on this. 3 straight :censored:whippings, each one worse than the last ? outscored 101--34 over the last 3 games?

7) Next up are the Chiefs and Patriots. This could get uglier before it gets better.

GO BILLS!!!

Quarterbacks probably wear the helmets during offensive series because they both need to hear the offensive play calls and information.

1 hour ago, BmarvB said:

GO BILLS!!!

The defense has declined due to depleted talent and players not in the proper roles,IMO.

1)This in a sense is the same scheme as what J. Schwartz did a few years ago...Preston Brown should be playing Will not middle, The rookie LB (I forget his name) should be playing OLB (Alexanders current role) and Humber should be special teams only...we need a  play making MLB maybe they should have let Ragland sink or swim to see if he could adjust.

2) KW and A. Washington are more one gap penetrators that need a two gap partner to eat up the power blocks, so they can work one on one. Trading Dareus without his replacement or a player with his skill set in the line-up was arrogant. KW & AW have been getting blown off the ball because they are not good at holding up the gap...add that with Brown now being occupied by opposing OL leaves a lane for runners to exploit. Our best case would be to have a playmaking WLB, which Humber is NOT!  He is being mis-cased as a starting LB, he tries but he should only see special teams duties, if at all.

3) Teams have the film and see these deficiencies in the pass & run defense...SD specifically exposed the slow LB's in coverage, I would put Alexander & Humber on bench. I would use Alexander as an upfield rusher on passing down only to help pressure . IDK, who could fill the MLB position but they need to let Brown play the weakside...I hope McD & Frasier make these adjustment asap to stop the bleeding.

How about those Chargers with only 1 penalty for 13 yards. Imagine that, one penalty the entire game?!?  SO they never grabbed a Bills jersey or anything.  Not the reason we got blown out but just seems like a little home cooking.

2 hours ago, BmarvB said:

GO BILLS!!!

I think you nailed it!  

Sean and our worthless oline did Nate no favors today.  3 of the int's we're not on him. He's clearly not ready. Other than Shady, Benjamin and Hauscka , every other player on this team is basically a backup player. Our LB'S are all garbage. Kyle probably can't retire fast enough. The turnovers have vanished. I almost wished we didn't win those fraud games. Because it was never real. You've heard of fake news. Those were fake wins. 

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

How about those Chargers with only 1 penalty for 13 yards. Imagine that, one penalty the entire game?!?  SO they never grabbed a Bills jersey or anything.  Not the reason we got blown out but just seems like a little home cooking.

I saw 2 big holds on Hughes & 1 Lawson not get called yet some of the holding calls on us we either called on the wrong player or terrible calls. Not that it would have made a difference but it definitely seemed 1 sided. 

10 hours ago, pimp on da' net said:

1)This in a sense is the same scheme as what J. Schwartz did a few years ago...Preston Brown should be playing Will not middle, The rookie LB (I forget his name) should be playing OLB (Alexanders current role) and Humber should be special teams only...we need a  play making MLB maybe they should have let Ragland sink or swim to see if he could adjust.

The rookie LB (I forget his name) -- Matt Milano

Not a bad thought, other than Ragland.  He wasn't fast and athletic enough to be a 4-3 MLB.  Think someone like Luke Keuchly for this position.

12 hours ago, BmarvB said:

GO BILLS!!!

.....baffling as hell how fast it happened......and Frazier has ZERO answers........

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

With Dareus gone, we can't stop the run. Result: We get a better draft position and (hopefully) draft the core players that will make this team great for years to come.

That's true. Even when he was on the field, he commanded respect and attention just because of his size and presence. Right after he was traded, all hell broke loose, and teams are running all over them now