A few random thoughts on blowout #3

BmarvB

Yep. Points #3 & #5 are what is totally baffling. I don't get it, you don't, and obviously... the coaches don't either!

Tyrod showed how much he is needed, but so does Glenn IMO. While I like him, I thought he was vastly overpaid. Not anymore. The OL sucks without him.

On 11/20/2017 at 8:39 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

The rookie LB (I forget his name) -- Matt Milano

Not a bad thought, other than Ragland.  He wasn't fast and athletic enough to be a 4-3 MLB.  Think someone like Luke Keuchly for this position.

1. Yes, Milano is the guy, thanks.

2. I only referenced Ragland because he was the only legitimate LB candidate that we had going into training camp, If he couldn't adjust let the season reveal the fact but give him a shot, imo. I'm pretty sure he could not do any worse than the current crop...Humber tries hard but does not have the ability at weakside, same for Alexander on the strong side. 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:54 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Sean and our worthless oline did Nate no favors today.  3 of the int's we're not on him. He's clearly not ready. Other than Shady, Benjamin and Hauscka , every other player on this team is basically a backup player. Our LB'S are all garbage. Kyle probably can't retire fast enough. The turnovers have vanished. I almost wished we didn't win those fraud games. Because it was never real. You've heard of fake news. Those were fake wins. 

The other ints might have been avoided had our recievers had any balls and contended for.the ball....had Nate not forced throws and took sacks...wood we be bashing him or the o line?

Dareus gone has crushed us clearly more than many thought.  DT is a tough position to casually evaluate, and clearly he was doing better than we realized.

Taking a rookie and getting him back on his heels with a off the hands pick 6 is tough.

The second INT had a deeper receiver open, he just couldn't get enough on it under that pressure.  I thought he was in worse shape on the live play, but he actually had room to step right up in the pocket, which would have been a much better decision than thinking he has enough arm on his back foot to make that work.  Not talking Tyrod elusive, but can't you see Brady or Ryan feeling the pressure and taking that one step forward before unleashing a deep ball?  I'm not saying that third pro drive getting an Ingram/Bosa sandwich is an easy place to make snap decisions.  But knowing he lacks the big star back foot arm or escabability, these types of decisions will be key to his success as a pocket passer, and this was more of a decision making/feel failure than I think many people have labeled it.  His receiver had a step on a wide open middle of the field, and maybe at the time he started his release, he felt he had enough time for a clean release it would have taken to get the ball six or seven yards deeper, but edge pressure from both sides like that is something he has probably never had a single snap of experience, and the game moved a little too fast for him.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 1.52.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 1.56.57 PM.png

On 11/19/2017 at 5:12 PM, BmarvB said:

1) What a rude welcome to the NFL for Nate Peterman. He was clearly not ready but it wasn't all his fault. He got little help from the rest of the offense. Two of his INT's resulted from being hit as he threw, and the pick 6 was because the ball bounced off the receiver's hands. The other's were on him (learning experience). He'll be ok. It was worth a try but boy did that decision to toss him in the fire ever blow up in McDermott's face big time

2) You think TT knew something we didn't? He had his helmet on at the start of the game like he knew he was going to be back on the field. He's our best option at QB, Deal with it haters, and learn to appreciate him. I think this experience will help him going forward. Accuracy is still an issue but we've seen the alternative.

3) What happened to the defense? From top 5 to a dumpster fire at a train wreck in 3 weeks, each beating worse than the last one. and once again, the 3rd RB broke a TD run on them. So much for bend but don't break. They got bent over and broken in royally. He needs faster Linebackers for his defense, and those zones have too many open holes for QB's to take advantage of - especially with very little or no pass rush. Thy gave up 50 to a team with a losing record, and it could have easily been 60.

4) Cadet looks more useful in the backfield than Tolbert. This guy needs more time backing up Shady

5) How could what was once a good offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing offense two years in a row decline so fast? Is it age or coaching? 

6) Speaking of Coaching, they don't get a pass on this. 3 straight :censored:whippings, each one worse than the last ? outscored 101--34 over the last 3 games?

Both coordinators belong on the hot seat right now

7) Next up are the Chiefs and Patriots. This could get uglier before it gets better.

Come guys, get it together quickly!!!!
GO BILLS!!!

McDufus...note to self...next time you debut a 5th round rookie at QB, make sure it's at home and not against a top pass rush team. Now Sean go back to studying for the Wonderlick (coaches version)...

Edited by LABILLBACKER

On 19/11/2017 at 8:12 PM, BmarvB said:

1) What a rude welcome to the NFL for Nate Peterman. He was clearly not ready but it wasn't all his fault. He got little help from the rest of the offense. Two of his INT's resulted from being hit as he threw, and the pick 6 was because the ball bounced off the receiver's hands. The other's were on him (learning experience). He'll be ok. It was worth a try but boy did that decision to toss him in the fire ever blow up in McDermott's face big time

2) You think TT knew something we didn't? He had his helmet on at the start of the game like he knew he was going to be back on the field. He's our best option at QB, Deal with it haters, and learn to appreciate him. I think this experience will help him going forward. Accuracy is still an issue but we've seen the alternative.

3) What happened to the defense? From top 5 to a dumpster fire at a train wreck in 3 weeks, each beating worse than the last one. and once again, the 3rd RB broke a TD run on them. So much for bend but don't break. They got bent over and broken in royally. He needs faster Linebackers for his defense, and those zones have too many open holes for QB's to take advantage of - especially with very little or no pass rush. Thy gave up 50 to a team with a losing record, and it could have easily been 60.

4) Cadet looks more useful in the backfield than Tolbert. This guy needs more time backing up Shady

5) How could what was once a good offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing offense two years in a row decline so fast? Is it age or coaching? 

6) Speaking of Coaching, they don't get a pass on this. 3 straight :censored:whippings, each one worse than the last ? outscored 101--34 over the last 3 games?

Both coordinators belong on the hot seat right now

7) Next up are the Chiefs and Patriots. This could get uglier before it gets better.

Come guys, get it together quickly!!!!
GO BILLS!!!

How is this experience going to help TT going forward............you know he'll be gone next year, don't you?

And i'm fairly certain that this team has alot more ugliness in them going forward. In fact, i'm fairly certain that the Chargers game was a nice walk in the park compared to who else we play on the schedule.

This team is just all around bad.