Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I'm not mocking anyone.  I posted in the what if Peterman plays bad the following: 

I'll be sad because

It will mean the playoff hopes are all but dead
It will bring more scrutiny on the coaches and make me question there ability to steer this team in the right direction and their decision making
I will have to come on here and not only read about a Bills loss but see the same people who crushed TT defend everything great white hope Peterman.

This is exactly how I feel today.  I don't feel great about the coaching staff, playoff drought for another year, people defending Peterman after crushing Tyrod for "the throws he doesn't make" while excusing Peterman for the throws he did make.  No part of me is happy Peterman stunk.  I'm actually angry and I hate when the Bills control my emotions enough to do that lol.  Idiotic move by the coaching staff.  TT can not be the answer and still deserve to start over Peterman.  Peterman should be cut.  Put the shoe on the other foot and ask yoursellf what would the response be here today if TT had thrown 5 picks.

so disconnected from reality.  I'm pissed they made the move and I'm pissed they blew another season.  No part of me is happy.

The playoff hopes were dead before Nate stepped on the field in clean up against the Saints 

How does what you said equate to what I posted?   Did you guarantee a loss?

My response prior was to those that were.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

First off, the Oline should be ashamed of themselves not blocking worth a **** for the rookie. Second his receivers didn't help him out much either, with the Dimarco drop anyways. That's when it all started to go down hill. Seemed like every snap the kid couldn't take 2 steps back without a defender all over him.

Having said that, Peterman also had a couple INTs that were HIS fault. The defense is an embarrassment. The whole damn team should be ashamed of themselves.

4 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

No they weren't.  That's just the narrative now for those people who can't admit they were wrong.

The playoff hopes we're over after the Jets to anybody who could see how bad the team was destroyed by the Jets. I guess if you want to get technical yes they still could make it. I wouldn't bet money on it and I wouldn't have after the Jets game. Would you have?

One thing you really have to give to Nate Peterman:  it was always going to be hard to play poorly enough that it would make everyone forget Tyord's 9/18 for 56 yards and an INT, with a 33.6 QB Rating, and five 3-and-outs on 8 drives, at home in a must win game the week prior.

Well done, Nate.  Well done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

People here sure seem fickle.  Three losses (this one a failed attempt to throw a rookie into the fire and last wee against a much better team right now) and so many here are just hating on everything.  

This is buffalo.  I sure hope you guys remember how to drive in snow and and ice better than you remember how to take a few losses.  

This was never meant to be our year.  Not even close.  Come to grips.  If the bills are ever to field a great team again it will not happen overnight from here AND it would never have happened with the ryan boys.  We rid the ryan cancer and now need to rebuild our strength in most every area.

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The playoff hopes we're over after the Jets to anybody who could see how bad the team was destroyed by the Jets. I guess if you want to get technical yes they still could make it. I wouldn't bet money on it and I wouldn't have after the Jets game. Would you have?

I only bet on sure things...and no, our playoff spot wasn't a sure thing.  But did we have a chance?  Yes.

The way things are shaping up, it's looking like nine wins will get you a Wild Card spot...did we have a shot at nine wins?  Absolutely.  That is until McChuckleNuts decided to throw away yesterday's game.

4 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Have to admit, that Jet's game convinced me that the Bills were not a very good football team.    Up to that point my opinion of them was increasing week by week.    

That game pulled the rug out from under my optimism like a rubber mat in preseason practice.

Jets game made it obvious the Bills were pretenders.   I felt that way strongly and immediately at the end of that game.     These last two games have played out exactly as I expected the Bills to play this year - just can't believe they got off to such a good start.

11 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

First off, the Oline should be ashamed of themselves not blocking worth a **** for the rookie. Second his receivers didn't help him out much either, with the Dimarco drop anyways. That's when it all started to go down hill. Seemed like every snap the kid couldn't take 2 steps back without a defender all over him.

Having said that, Peterman also had a couple INTs that were HIS fault. The defense is an embarrassment. The whole damn team should be ashamed of themselves.

Funny thing...most of these issues were already there before this game....

15 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

No they weren't.  That's just the narrative now for those people who can't admit they were wrong.

Actually the playoff hopes weren't dead then and are not now. Realistically, a good team would take care of their business on the road vs a mediocre at best NYJ squad and even a home game vs NO should have been close. The Redskins moved the ball almost at will VS NO yesterday. If Tyrod Taylor is a halfway decent QB, a win at Arrowhead vs a struggling Chiefs team that has managed one win in five games shouldn't be too big a task. The QB change backfired in a big way, but it was really the only time it could possibly be done. A rookie QB could not be started @ Arrowhead or vs BB at home. The team isn't very good, and neither are the QBs , and they probably weren't beating LAC yesterday regardless of who started. The AFC is bad, and if the Bills decide to become the " good Bills" again this season they can make the playoffs. It's on them. 

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Actually the playoff hopes weren't dead then and are not now. Realistically, a good team would take care of their business on the road vs a mediocre at best NYJ squad and even a home game vs NO should have been close. The Redskins moved the ball almost at will VS NO yesterday. If Tyrod Taylor is a halfway decent QB, a win at Arrowhead vs a struggling Chiefs team that has managed one win in five games shouldn't be too big a task. The QB change backfired in a big way, but it was really the only time it could possibly be done. A rookie QB could not be started @ Arrowhead or vs BB at home. The team isn't very good, and neither are the QBs , and they probably weren't beating LAC yesterday regardless of who started. The AFC is bad, and if the Bills decide to become the " good Bills" again this season they can make the playoffs. It's on them. 

This is the double talk that is driving me crazy.

If Tyrod is good he should have no problem at Arrowhead.  However there is no way you could put Peterman in such a difficult situation.

They probably aren't beating SD regardless of who is starting?  So Tyrod couldn't beat a 3-6 team but should have no problem beating a 6-4 team?

This is the only time it could be done?  Why?  If he played even halfway decent he would be starting against KC and NE in starts 2 and 3.  Is that really any different?

The gymnastics to defend this decision are incredible.  Peterman should have been put in if it had to be done when the season was completely over.  Not when the team is 5-4 and the 6 seed.  Regardless of how people feel about the playoff hopes the reality is they were (and unbelievably still are) there for the taking.  I agree with the last sentence of your post though.  At any time they can turn it around this is after all the NFL.  I don't think any of us are expecting it but it could certainly happen.  The Bills are going to have to, as a team, decide if they want to quit or fight.  That's from the HC on down.

37 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

how ironic.... NoPlayoffs 

It's been 2 1/2 seasons with TT....  if you felt that strongly why not a name change?  

The 8th (give or take 1) game of 15 and 16 all but ended the Bills chances at the WC when Tentative Taylor forgot how to pass the ball. 

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nate Peterman played as well as most rookies would with no blocking, no talented wide receivers and no defense.

funny how that excuse works for TT and not a rookie.  

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Isn't a playoff team usually supposed to be very good? Wasn't the stomping from the Jets enough to make anyone stop and really consider after a beat down like that we probably won't make the playoffs? 

Wasn't it crystal clear after the Saints absolutely dominated the bills? Put Nate stuff aside and didn't the defense get dominated by the Chargers? Would that still make you think we are playoff bound? The numbers say yes we could make it but the teams play says no. Just a heads up the Bills won't make the playoffs this year.

Edited by Lfod

25 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Have to admit, that Jet's game convinced me that the Bills were not a very good football team.    Up to that point my opinion of them was increasing week by week.    

That game pulled the rug out from under my optimism like a rubber mat in preseason practice.

Jets game made it obvious the Bills were pretenders.   I felt that way strongly and immediately at the end of that game.     These last two games have played out exactly as I expected the Bills to play this year - just can't believe they got off to such a good start.

It was a game the Bills should have outscored the NYETS easily.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It was a game the Bills should have outscored the NYETS easily.  

Yes.  

If the Bills were for real, they would have beat the Jets and beat them badly.

But the real Bills team showed up (the one built on character instead of talent).   And boy, high character or not, they suck as a football team.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

how ironic.... NoPlayoffs 

It's been 2 1/2 seasons with TT....  if you felt that strongly why not a name change?  

This is my name change.  It happened the moment I heard McChuckleNuts gave up on the season by starting Peterman.