New Orleans Scrubs at the end of the game....

Billsfan1972

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am not writing out the names, but one excited poster showed Peterman completing a pass to Benjamin as the greatest example of reading a defense.

I decided to see who was on the field for NO...... 

21,25,26,50,57,91,92,93 are the #'s I could see.......

Checked their stats and seems almost everyone was a non-starter, special teams player......

Congrats our starters (and Peterman now is the starter) had a TD drive vs. their garbage time players.... 

Cool story.

you know who couldnt get a td drive against their garbage time players, tyrod

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

this should fix it ! sit down the Captain with a winning record.

should be fun.

edit

i like both guys. rooting for the Team !

REALLY - "captain with a winning record"...

Which of those wins was Tyrod responsible for?

When Peterman looked good in preseason it was all because he was going up against 4th string guys who we're not even good enough to make a 53 man roster. Last week he looked great against 2nd string scrubs who we're good enough to make the 53. What if he looks  good against the 2nd best pass rushing team in the NFL. Can't wait to see what lame excuse we hear then. " they were starters but it was the Chargers"......

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When Peterman looked good in preseason it was all because he was going up against 4th string guys who we're not even good enough to make a 53 man roster. Last week he looked great against 2nd string scrubs who we're good enough to make the 53. What if he looks  good against the 2nd best pass rushing team in the NFL. Can't wait to see what lame excuse we hear then. " they were starters but it was the Chargers"......

Nate looked great against scrubs and Taylor looked like crap against starters.   QBR of 36 IIRC

The same against the Saints too 

So who won the contest?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am not writing out the names, but one excited poster showed Peterman completing a pass to Benjamin as the greatest example of reading a defense.

Checked their stats and seems almost everyone was a non-starter, special teams player......

Congrats our starters (and Peterman now is the starter) had a TD drive vs. their garbage time players.... 

Okay, so I was curious and went back and looked at Tyrod 3rd quarter and Petermans two drives.

12 different players spotted due to substitutions.

Tyrod - defense players 21,25,26,48,50,52,57,91,92,93,95,98

Nate  - defense players 20,21,25,26,31,50,51,52,57,83,92,98 

There were only 4 players [48,91,93,95] that were in the game for Taylor but not in the game for Peterman.

saintsgame.jpg

Edited by cd1

You know for a fact?

I doubt anyone takes out their starters until mid fourth quarter.  If I'm wrong I apologize.

It was about half way through the 4th.  Tyrod got two drives with less than 10 minutes in 4th. The 3 and outs cause by Tyrod followed by quick Saints TDs caused us to get a lot of 4th quarter possessions

There's different levels of garbage time and who is on the field.  Benches are not cleared if it is a 14 point game with 4 minutes left.  44 points with 8 minutes left is garbage time......  

Again if TT was so inept that he couldn't make a read or audible at the line then you are right.  I just can't believe he made the same mistakes for 2.5 years with no growth.  I blamed the OC.....

I can see the OC argument with the exception that he just doesn't look any better at all.  He still does the same exact things that he has always done.  Doesn't throw with anticipation, sits in the pocket too long or scrambles out of it way before he needs to, and now he's become captain checkdown 3.0.  I've been rooting for him and hoping to see improvement but it just isn't happening.  Teams have figured him out.  It's just about having the personel to take away his strengths and keep him from scrambling.  I thought it would take a cpl more weeks before the change but I'm glad to see that the coach made the change.  I think it will be for the better win or lose.

Edited by DallasMac

Fully aware that NP's body of work thus far has been preseason and garbage time but Taylor has also shown he's incapable of processing NFL defenses and making NFL throws regardless of whether it's early in the game or garbage time like the last few weeks.

I think some folks are going to be pleasantly surprised when they see NP go against a complex NFL defense and be able to read it quickly and also change plays at the line of scrimmage as coverage dictates. The offense he played in at PITT was as close to an NFL system you'll find in college.

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

Okay, so I was curious and went back and looked at Tyrod 3rd quarter and Petermans two drives.

There were only 4 players [48,91,93,95] that were in the game for Taylor but not in the game for Peterman.

saintsgame.jpg

Yeah so?

they are still professional football players 

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

saintsgame.jpg

Thank you.... never been a fan of selective "statistics". It puts the OP in perspective.

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is sad. 

Please accept that Tyrod Taylor got benched and that Nate Peterman is starting this Sunday against the Chargers. 

whats even sadder ...   if Nate sucks that bad what does that say about Tyrod?  

That he has won 20 out of 38 real NFL games, and that this offense doesn't highlight what he does well.