A Very Simple Businesslike Reason They Are Starting Peterman

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about waiting one week?

This is the game the Bills need to win (and winnable)!!!!! 

But even if TT started the game plan would have been lousy and the hope would be to win the turnover battle.

Now an unproven throwaway 5th round rookie pick in to save the season.

A complete joke.  

Like you said.... how about we wait a week... surely can’t be worse than TT has played the last two weeks

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

He wasn't the problem the last 2 weeks.  Did he play bad?  Yes.......  Bills would have lost both games with Brady @ QB......

One could contend that if he played poorly, he was part of the problem... and with that being said, I’m in favor of replacing him.... he is not the answer for the future of this team... look at how many passes to wide open receivers he DOESN’T make.... and I’m talking about when he’s not even under duress...

7 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If I may say so, I think 7 or 8 games is enough to get a pretty good idea.

Especially since Peterman comes in with experience running an NFL style offense. Most new guys nowadays have no clue because of the college style offenses.

And maybe call me crazy but I think most QB's you can get a pretty good idea after  half season. Maybe not about how they will play in 5 years. But about how they will do anytime soon. And I think teams including the Bills kind of lie to us about that, or to themselves. JP was in trouble you could see it early on. EJ was in trouble you could see it early on. The Bills just pretended it wasn't true for years.

Then again, Goff was terrible and Wentz not very good last season, and now they're both excellent.

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Then again, Goff was terrible and Wentz not very good last season, and now they're both excellent.

Which means what?

Regardless of what he does he's the Bills starter in 2018?

Here's a list of the best late round QB's from 2012..... Another post had recent one's where the best was guess who....... Tyrod.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1154515-10-best-late-round-qb-selections-in-nfl-draft-history/

Talk about trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

10 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Yes. Plainly they are moving on from Tyrod Taylor. Or possibly they are trying to wake him up.

Against the Jets we scored 7 points during the portion of the game where it was not a sure loss.

Against the Saints we scored 3.  When you score 10 points in 2 weeks you have to do something when you are dealing with a 7th year pro.

Or so I think. 

I agree with you all who say that we may spend just one high pick on a qb if things go well.  That makes sense.

Let me say this though. I know Peterman was chosen in the 5th for a reason. And I know even a high first rounder has about a 50-50 chance of turning out well.

On Peterman's first day at camp, his first day, I watched him reading the defense and picking at the seams in the zone defense.

Someone posted a vidoe of him doing that from last game so you can see what I mean. He sees what is happening, and the throws to the spot where he knows the gap will be, before the receiver even makes his cut.

I am no football genius I freely admit. But I have been going to camp for 13 years now. No rookie could do that. And we have had multiple starters who could not do that. Tyrod can not do this.

On his first day of camp Peterman could. That is very different. I was amazed.

Maybe he has other big flaws, but I think maybe he might be good enough. And i think the coaches might think he might maybe be good enough too.

That is the best clip in terms of showing the play / open gaps I've ever seen .. is this a one time thing or can this be found all the time?

8 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If I may say so, I think 7 or 8 games is enough to get a pretty good idea.

Especially since Peterman comes in with experience running an NFL style offense. Most new guys nowadays have no clue because of the college style offenses.

And maybe call me crazy but I think most QB's you can get a pretty good idea after  half season. Maybe not about how they will play in 5 years. But about how they will do anytime soon. And I think teams including the Bills kind of lie to us about that, or to themselves. JP was in trouble you could see it early on. EJ was in trouble you could see it early on. The Bills just pretended it wasn't true for years.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.  You can get a pretty good idea on a player in 1/2 a season.  Not perfect, but an idea.  

It it also tells you about the OC and if he is a major part of the problem or was it QB limitations.  This is something I think they needed to do last year with 4 or 5 games left to better evaluate the team.  

We saw something similar under Marrone, but in reverse.  Benching an ineffective EJ for Orton and although we did not get the desired results - it showed me the offensive struggles of year 1 and early year 2 and the lack of passing was a result of EJ not Hackett.  Hackett was average, but you saw a distinct shift in the offense under Orton to more what Hackett wanted to do, but could not with EJ.

I think you will get something similar with this move - a better indication of what Dennison would like to do.

4 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

That is the best clip in terms of showing the play / open gaps I've ever seen .. is this a one time thing or can this be found all the time?

This is great!!! A throw and field vision that I don’t recall EVER seeing from TT.... hoping there is more of this to come!

3 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

This is great!!! A throw and field vision that I don’t recall EVER seeing from TT.... hoping there is more of this to come!

Wow one pass, good blocking and soft coverage......

TT never completed a pass like that?

Geez talk about grasping at straws.

Now again if the bills were 3-6 or 2-7 sure scrap it.  But when in a playoff spot coming off two pathetic defensive performances (yes bad O too, but Defense lost those games), this is a joke.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Wow one pass, good blocking and soft coverage......

TT never completed a pass like that?

Geez talk about grasping at straws.

Now again if the bills were 3-6 or 2-7 sure scrap it.  But when in a playoff spot coming off two pathetic defensive performances (yes bad O too, but Defense lost those games), this is a joke.

Show me ONE pass where TT threw the ball with anticipation.... ONE!!!! TT three the ball to guys already open, or to the sidelines where only our guy could catch it... there is something to be said about protecting the ball and not gambling- but he’s no Alex Smith....

16 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Show me ONE pass where TT threw the ball with anticipation.... ONE!!!! TT three the ball to guys already open, or to the sidelines where only our guy could catch it... there is something to be said about protecting the ball and not gambling- but he’s no Alex Smith....

Really all year and never happened?

I'll play that game....... Second play of the NO game threw a slant to KB who was covered.

11 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Yes. Plainly they are moving on from Tyrod Taylor. Or possibly they are trying to wake him up.

Against the Jets we scored 7 points during the portion of the game where it was not a sure loss.

Against the Saints we scored 3.  When you score 10 points in 2 weeks you have to do something when you are dealing with a 7th year pro.

Or so I think. 

I agree with you all who say that we may spend just one high pick on a qb if things go well.  That makes sense.

Let me say this though. I know Peterman was chosen in the 5th for a reason. And I know even a high first rounder has about a 50-50 chance of turning out well.

On Peterman's first day at camp, his first day, I watched him reading the defense and picking at the seams in the zone defense.

Someone posted a vidoe of him doing that from last game so you can see what I mean. He sees what is happening, and the throws to the spot where he knows the gap will be, before the receiver even makes his cut.

I am no football genius I freely admit. But I have been going to camp for 13 years now. No rookie could do that. And we have had multiple starters who could not do that. Tyrod can not do this.

On his first day of camp Peterman could. That is very different. I was amazed.

Maybe he has other big flaws, but I think maybe he might be good enough. And i think the coaches might think he might maybe be good enough too.

thank you for this Meanie.

this one play exemplifies the stark difference between Tyrod and Peterman. first, Peterman stands in the pocket cool and collected, he doesn't get flustered and develop happy feet. he is in the shotgun and when the ball is snapped he begins his 5 step drop.  this is important here and the MAJOR difference between him and Tyrod, by the time he hits the 5th step of his drop, he has scaned the 4 routes. he knew that he could have had tree easy completions on that play, Benjamin, a crossing Thomas  or the checkdown, DiMarrco out of the backfield. he saw the hole in the defense and knew that that was the best option to choose.

no longer can these defenses peer into the backfield and cheat up. no longer will they be able to just defend the one side of the field tyrod is prone to play to or happens to be STARING at. no longer will defenses, because of the aforementioned items, be able to play 8/9 in the box on a regular basis without fear. no longer will defenses be able to rush 5 consistently on everydown without fear of having the quick slant beat them. Peterman can read the defense before AND after the sap and will make you pay for it.

i really wanted Tyrod to be able to do all that, but he didn't. he never will imo. i am really sorry to say, he just a NFL starting caliber QB.

Edited by Foxx

12 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

All other factors and possibilities and feelings and opinions aside, the Bills brass are looking at this in a very simple clear professional way.

They will play Peterman which means, things can go well, or things can go badly.

If things go well they will know that they do not need to draft a quarterback high next year.

If things go badly, they will know that they do need to draft a quarterback. And they will be in a better potion to do so because they will have lost more games and will draft higher.

I think it is that simple. They need to know and they are going to find out

Genius insight 

12 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

All other factors and possibilities and feelings and opinions aside, the Bills brass are looking at this in a very simple clear professional way.

They will play Peterman which means, things can go well, or things can go badly.

If things go well they will know that they do not need to draft a quarterback high next year.

If things go badly, they will know that they do need to draft a quarterback. And they will be in a better potion to do so because they will have lost more games and will draft higher.

I think it is that simple. They need to know and they are going to find out

I agree with your assessment but I think they should do what Seattle did when they drafted Wilson.  They thought they had the future with Flynn (I think that's who it was they signed) but yet they saw Wilson there in the 3rd.  I just don't want the Bills to see their franchise QB in only 7 games.  I hope Peterman takes it and runs with it but the scars run deep.