Ringing endorsements from national media

Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not emotional, just thought the crap people bought when the FO said in "not so many word" that they were tanking an .500 team the prior 2 years pissed me to no end.  

I expected a big year from Watkins....  And Boldin would have stuck imo if Watkins wasn't traded and what he saw in training camp.

Tyrod's to me was given a lousy offense and game plan to work with.

the team never said they were tanking, but it was obvious that they wanted to get something for guys that weren't going to be here next year.  there wasn't much to expect from this roster, but so what?  what has this roster done for us lately.  shake it up, and bring in their own guys to see if it works.  if anything you should be pleased that they actually accomplished some success with what they have.  i still have zero idea why you expected a big year from watkins, especially with tt as the qb.  watkins has never had a "big year" and i doubt he would have here this year as well.  you seem to think if sammy was on this team, things would have been different.  i just don't see it.

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....LMAO!!....seriously??...if BB benched TT in favor of Peterman, the "brilliant move" drool would cause MASSIVE flooding in the Northeast......with Buffalo doing it, it's the" same 'ol mumblin', stumblin', bumblin' Bills ineptitude".......oh well...............

I guess we'll see Sunday how it plays out.

23 minutes ago, teef said:

the team never said they were tanking, but it was obvious that they wanted to get something for guys that weren't going to be here next year.  there wasn't much to expect from this roster, but so what?  what has this roster done for us lately.  shake it up, and bring in their own guys to see if it works.  if anything you should be pleased that they actually accomplished some success with what they have.  i still have zero idea why you expected a big year from watkins, especially with tt as the qb.  watkins has never had a "big year" and i doubt he would have here this year as well.  you seem to think if sammy was on this team, things would have been different.  i just don't see it.

Why because Watkins is an Elite WR and was selected #4 and when healthy put up those #'s on the Bills.  He has been healthy this year and catching the few balls thrown his direction by a not so accurate passer who is throwing more to a rookie 3rd round pick (Cooper Kupp).

Yes I expected a big year and he then would have had to be paid like good players are.

If he stays healthy the rest of the season he will get #1 receiver money regardless of how often Goff throws to him.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Why because Watkins is an Elite WR and was selected #4 and when healthy put up those #'s on the Bills.  He has been healthy this year and catching the few balls thrown his direction by a not so accurate passer who is throwing more to a rookie 3rd round pick (Cooper Kupp).

Yes I expected a big year and he then would have had to be paid like good players are.

If he stays healthy the rest of the season he will get #1 receiver money regardless of how often Goff throws to him.

he has the potential to be elite, but isn't a elite wr at all.  there's a huge difference there.  he never put up elite #'s here during the course of a season.  we all wanted it too, but it didn't.  i'm fine with watkins not putting up big numbers in la, but again, you try to discount goff by saying he's, "not so accurate" in order to defend watkins.  i'm not saying watkins can put up numbers, but apparently he needs to be in the perfect situation, of which buffalo wasn't.  

you expected a big year and expected the bills would have had to pay him.  that's fine.  history and situation shows that likely wouldn't have happened, (even though you convinced yourself it would).  so what if watkins put up below 1000 yards (again) and wanted to get paid?  he's gone and would likely want to go to a team with a stable qb.  the bills would have gotten nothing for him.  finally, do you really think that if watkins just stays healthy, he's going to get #1 money?  i'm not even sure he's going to be retained by la next year, healthy or not.  

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not emotional, just thought the crap people bought when the FO said in "not so many word" that they were tanking an .500 team the prior 2 years pissed me to no end.  

I expected a big year from Watkins....  And Boldin would have stuck imo if Watkins wasn't traded and what he saw in training camp.

Tyrod's to me was given a lousy offense and game plan to work with.

Geez let's go back to the threads when 5-2 as to what a D we had and all we needed was 200 yards passing a game from Tyrod......

I was the one with threads clamoring to throw for 300 like every NFL team can.  This O is a joke......

Front office never said it was tanking.

42 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I love how the media points out how TT was a pro-bowler..........didn't QB's drop out and TT was next in line for the pro-bowl?

I believe that to be true.    He was a 2nd or 3rd alternate.    His first ProBowl was a schoolyard pick-em.  And from what I heard - he was very bad when his series cam up.

My guess is the the selection  people saw a high Rating and he got selected.  

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Front office never said it was tanking.

100% Correct.   The FO denied this report numerous times that they had no intention of tanking.  

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I believe that to be true.    He was a 2nd or 3rd alternate.    His first ProBowl was a schoolyard pick-em.  And from what I heard - he was very bad when his series cam up.

My guess is the the selection  people saw a high Rating and he got selected.  

100% Correct.   The FO denied this report numerous times that they had no intention of tanking.  

With a wink & a nod......  They begged you to be okay with a losing record under the guise of cleaning up the previous regimes mess.

It was a joke.

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

With a wink & a nod......  They begged you to be okay with a losing record under the guise of cleaning up the previous regimes mess.

It was a joke.

Yet we were pleasantly surprised for the first 7 weeks 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Deadspin has a pretty intersting article Im suprised isnt getting discussed.    Intersting stats about not playing to our strengths, especially the stat about Shadys YPC running out the shotgun vs when the QB is under center.   Pretty brutal takedown of Dennisons offense.

33 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Deadspin has a pretty intersting article Im suprised isnt getting discussed.    Intersting stats about not playing to our strengths, especially the stat about Shadys YPC running out the shotgun vs when the QB is under center.   Pretty brutal takedown of Dennisons offense.

But Tyrod should adapt to Dennison's offense.  The idea that you play to your player's strength makes no sense according to this staff.

Belichek is has announced they are turning Brady to into a running QB too.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:38 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/15/16656660/buffalo-bills-bench-tyrod-taylor-quarterback-nathan-peterman

Many more, but majority are perplexed, puzzled or laughing at the Bills again.

Thank goodness things are getting back to normal again it  was getting weird around here

On 11/15/2017 at 5:09 PM, Luka said:

Tyrod Taylor WITHOUT his garbage time vs. the Jets over the past two games.

239 yards passing

9 sacks

1 INT

2 FUM (1 lost)

1 TD

That is the entire Jets game (minus last 6:42 which was garbage time) and the entirety of what he played in New Orleans.

30th in passing offense. 24th in touchdowns. 27th in first downs. 24th in yards per attempt.

That's awful.

It is horrid and it's the main reason we put a 5th year rookie in to start vs the Chargers.