Ringing endorsements from national media

Billsfan1972

Most in the national media barely know the Bills exist, see they are 5-4 and in 6th place, and thus call the move insane.

If they care to talk about it for more than 30 seconds they might go "derr... Tyrod doesn't play defense last I checked...." and then all laugh at the Bills before switching back to what a genius Belichick is and whether Brady will play until he's 50.

Never mind that the offense goes 3 and out almost every drive and has looked totally ineffective for a couple of weeks now, thus putting a gassed defense out there non-stop.

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nah, they just laugh at the Bills and have no idea who half the players on the team are. Nor do they really care.

And just why should they care?

The Bills aren't trumpeting this as some kind of glorious revolution to dominate the NFL, it's kind of a shameful admittance of what real fans knew all along.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well it’s not 100%.

I watched the Blue Jays prance around and tell me Jose Reyes was the greatest steal in MLB history and the national media went "meh" or "are you on drugs"?

so they have some idea on what is happening

insulating yourself to nothing more than your own silly opinion and those who agree with you is a pattern to madness very shortly

17 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I dunno, I'm torn between thinking this is a classic Billsy thing to do or is it a ballsy Patriot-way thing to do?

Ballsy PAtriot way to do things.

Does anyone really think with the status quo of TT and defenses figuring out how to erase our offense, we were headed to the playoffs, with 2 games against the PAts and other very tough games.  With TT i can see us split with Miami and beat the colts, that is about it.  

It's amazing that some of these so called experts and pundits truly believe Taylor is a top QB in this league or something.

Funny thing is some of these guys also said Peterman should have been drafted much higher and could be a steal where we got him.

You can't have it both ways and if Peterman turns this offense and team around they will all be jumping on the bandwagon and boast about how it was in fact the right move all along.

17 hours ago, Radar said:

Not having a strong like or dislike for either quarterback I am wondering what Peterman has done to make so many fans seem to be sure he's any better than Tyrod. I like the move first because I don't think Tyrod is long term and we may as well see what Peterman has not because I think he's better but we need to find out if he is. Second, I never thought we would make the playoffs anyway and not only because of quarterback play. This team has problems offensively and defensively. A lot of fans think our defense is good. I don't share that opinion.

Of course, none of us knows for sure if Peterman will be better than Tyrod, but what I think people are seeing (albeit on a very small sample size) is Peterman getting the ball out quickly. That skill better fits the offense this team is trying to run. Also, sacks and the Offensive Line have been a problem of late. If the ball comes out quicker, you mitigate the pass rush. It also appears he has better anticipation. He doesn't wait for the player to become open. That should allow the receivers to make more YAC. And if the receivers are more involved, hopefully it keeps defenses from crowding the line, opening up the run game.

They are two different QBs with two very different skill sets and it just seems like Peterman's skill set (quick release, anticipation throws, better accuracy---possibly) will be more successful in this offense than Tyrod's skills (running ability, extending plays, the deep ball). When he has been put in (in preseason or NO game), Peterman has done well. The moment didn't look too big for him. He wasn't lighting it up, but he rose to the challenge each time so far.

I don't expect him to come out and play like an elite QB, but I also don't think he will come out and fall flat on his face. What we need right now is consistency. And I think he provides more of that simply because Tyrod (due to his skill set) probably goes off script a lot more.

Edited by folz

Actually I did say it and temper it to some extent watching the NO game.

However I watch Goff too and they have put him in very good positions to throw.  The OC has done a great job with the OL, a talented WR corp (where Watkins is ignored sadly), a running game that is successful due to spreading the field and finally blowout games against weak opponents to date.....

The Bills front office traded Watkins after he caught 4 straight passes in the preseason game, did not do anything to help the offense and implemented an offense that does not play to their QB's strengths.  

The running game has been affected too if no one has noticed.

The FO basically said they were tanking the season and yet some here go on an on due to either blind loyalty to a staff that has done little to date or dislike of the QB.......

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Actually I did say it and temper it to some extent watching the NO game.

However I watch Goff too and they have put him in very good positions to throw.  The OC has done a great job with the OL, a talented WR corp (where Watkins is ignored sadly), a running game that is successful due to spreading the field and finally blowout games against weak opponents to date.....

The Bills front office traded Watkins after he caught 4 straight passes in the preseason game, did not do anything to help the offense and implemented an offense that does not play to their QB's strengths.  

The running game has been affected too if no one has noticed.

The FO basically said they were tanking the season and yet some here go on an on due to either blind loyalty to a staff that has done little to date or dislike of the QB.......

1972...just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, it doesn't mean they have blind loyalty to a staff.   we share different views on watkins, but i don't dislike him as a wr.  i just thought he'd put up pedestrian numbers yet again here, and would likely be gone in the off season.  at least they got a second round pick.  with taylor, i always appreciated him, but we all knew that unless he wow'ed everyone this year, he's also gone.  i'm meh to putting peterson in, but if they know tyrod won't be the guy next year, move on from him...and no...tyrod's lousy play isn't just because watkins isn't here.  we've seen it before, and we'll see it again.  try to not be so emotional about it.  

12 minutes ago, Billzebubba said:

If the D stinks as bad as as they have since the Jets game, it makes no real diff who is QB anyhow.  Dennison/Tyrod cant seem to move the chains consistently of late, Peterman may or may not, but the risk is low because we cant stop the other O anyhow for some reason

I'm not sure i buy into the D is so bad argument/excuse,

the D cant be depended on to get the offense close to the endzone every friggin game.

I think mentally knowing the offense almost literally cant score has lot to do in 

wearing down the defense. Plus, the defense isn't that talented to begin with, who

said they were a great D...lucky turnovers in bunches doesnt make them good.

Way too many fast three and outs would tick me off if I was on the defense too.

I heard on wgr this am the stat when the defense doesn't get to's the offense

scored 11 points on average. c'mon that's just horrible.

I have been listening to the excuses for three years now, its not as of late.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

1972...just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, it doesn't mean they have blind loyalty to a staff.   we share different views on watkins, but i don't dislike him as a wr.  i just thought he'd put up pedestrian numbers yet again here, and would likely be gone in the off season.  at least they got a second round pick.  with taylor, i always appreciated him, but we all knew that unless he wow'ed everyone this year, he's also gone.  i'm meh to putting peterson in, but if they know tyrod won't be the guy next year, move on from him...and no...tyrod's lousy play isn't just because watkins isn't here.  we've seen it before, and we'll see it again.  try to not be so emotional about it.  

Not emotional, just thought the crap people bought when the FO said in "not so many word" that they were tanking an .500 team the prior 2 years pissed me to no end.  

I expected a big year from Watkins....  And Boldin would have stuck imo if Watkins wasn't traded and what he saw in training camp.

Tyrod's to me was given a lousy offense and game plan to work with.

4 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm not sure i buy into the D is so bad argument/excuse,

the D cant be depended on to get the offense close to the endzone every friggin game.

I think mentally knowing the offense almost literally cant score has lot to do in 

wearing down the defense. Plus, the defense isn't that talented to begin with, who

said they were a great D...lucky turnovers in bunches doesnt make them good.

Way too many fast three and outs would tick me off if I was on the defense too.

I heard on wgr this am the stat when the defense doesn't get to's the offense

scored 11 points on average. c'mon that's just horrible.

I have been listening to the excuses for three years now, its not as of late.

Geez let's go back to the threads when 5-2 as to what a D we had and all we needed was 200 yards passing a game from Tyrod......

I was the one with threads clamoring to throw for 300 like every NFL team can.  This O is a joke......