Boldest move since benching Flutie

row_33

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

It has sparked a renewed interest for me.

I want a drop back and throw REAL NFL QB leading my Bills, not a panic-stricken run for your life kinda dude out there.  The vertical game is important in this era...

This isn't remotely close to the most important game in my 45 years of watching, it's a good one for the last 18 years though.

What sucks 

its a 4 pm game 

I’ll be climbing the walls 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, row_33 said:

there was zero point zero chance the BIlls were going to the super bowl that year

you honestly haven't spent 3 seconds dreaming about that, right?

we might have you committed....

Tenn made it, and we had them beat. The Bills most certainly could have been in the SB that year.

21 hours ago, simool said:

Well you have Joe in NJ, so self-explanatory.  Buffalo Boy who appears to be a grown man that likes to be called boy, being an RJ fan does not seem like that big of a stretch from there. Then you have RJ who feels it is necessary to alert you to the fact that its not that RJ, then proceeds to carry that RJ's jock.

Just another day on BBMB2

So....

Back in the Bledsoe era, the week before we played NE in the second season, I got the name Buffalo Boy by one of the local radio guys as we were arguing about the upcoming Bill-Pats games.

It was clearly meant to be pejorative but F him. So I own it. Mark from Charlotte just doesn’t have the same ring.

As, already stated RJ turned out to be a Bum.

In 98 though he wasn’t terrible when he played. Nor was Flutie.

Then Flutie played Miami, Sub 60 Percentage completion, 1 TD, 1 BRUTAL pick and some other bad plays and lost the game.

The following year Flutie got “ worser and worser”to use the local vernacular . His nickname could have been “ Bat Down”  or “ Jump n Pump@ for that stupid fake he would do.

He would not have won the Titans game!!!

He had been figured out by the league already and the Titans were playing good D in the playoffs, regardless of what certain posters on here wish to believe.

27 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

We'd miss out on a WC with TT in there, guaranteed.

Doubt it. Chargers, Miami, Colts very winnable with TT.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So....

Back in the Bledsoe era, the week before we played NE in the second season, I got the name Buffalo Boy by one of the local radio guys as we were arguing about the upcoming Bill-Pats games.

It was clearly meant to be pejorative but F him. So I own it. Mark from Charlotte just doesn’t have the same ring.

As, already stated RJ turned out to be a Bum.

In 98 though he wasn’t terrible when he played. Nor was Flutie.

Then Flutie played Miami, Sub 60 Percentage completion, 1 TD, 1 BRUTAL pick and some other bad plays and lost the game.

The following year Flutie got “ worser and worser”to use the local vernacular . His nickname could have been “ Bat Down”  or “ Jump n Pump@ for that stupid fake he would do.

He had been figured out by the league already and the Titans were playing good D in the playoffs, regardless of what certain posters on here wish to believe.

RJ played one game against a bad Colts team, and that got RW all excited for him too play. Flutie earned the right to play that game.

16 hours ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

flutie fans

This figures. Why am I not surprised?

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

RJ played one game against a bad Colts team, and that got RW all excited for him too play. Flutie earned the right to play that game.

The Defense and ball control run game got us to that game.

26 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Still sensitive as ever, flutie fan.

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Still sensitive as ever, flutie fan.

Anyone that doesn't appreciate what Flutie did in his play and what he did for the organization has no clue IMO. Not surprised here.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

RJ couldn’t hand the ball off as well as DF?

He won with a last minute comeback.

Fred Smerlas-and I'll take his football opinion over yours-has always been of the belief that the Bills would have been farther ahead with Flutie.

Just now, JM2009 said:

Anyone that doesn't appreciate what Flutie did in his play and what he did for the organization has no clue IMO. Not surprised here.

What flutie DID for this team was choke horribly in Miami, prompting Jimmuh Johnson to shred a box of his cereal. he also divided the locker room and acted like a spoiled child.

He made enemies of just about EVERYONE in the organization.

Methinks its YOU that lacks a clue. Did you listen to Thurman the other day?

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Fred Smerlas-and I'll take his football opinion over yours-has always been of the belief that the Bills would have been farther ahead with Flutie.

You'd take Fred Smerlas's opinion over ANYONE'S?

Now I know you're an idiot.

Just now, joesixpack said:

What flutie DID for this team was choke horribly in Miami, prompting Jimmuh Johnson to shred a box of his cereal. he also divided the locker room and acted like a spoiled child.

He made enemies of just about EVERYONE in the organization.

Methinks its YOU that lacks a clue. Did you listen to Thurman the other day?

Bills were 1-3 when Flutie took over in 1998. Their wouldn't have been a playoff game to fumble in if he didn't play.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

How about the 1999 season, which is germane to this conversation?

He was utter dreck for most of that year.

How about the 1998 season when he saved the season.I think he made the pro bowl too. Your the one that considers him a failure here, not me.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Nope, still talking out of your lowest orifice.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1999.htm

Clearly the stats indicate no Flutie, no Playoff game.  Unless maybe via the Dough Boy.  Rob sure did have pretty numbers for 34 friggin attempts all season. Rob would not have made it through an entire season, he was a wuss..  If by some miracle he did, he would have set the single season sack record.  Rob was shiny marketing BS... That you clearly fell for.

Any attempt to try and say Johnson would have, could have, done anything better than Flutie is conjecture.  Rob had several chances to prove he was the man, he proved he was a wuss.

1 minute ago, simool said:

Clearly the stats indicate no Flutie, no Playoff game.  Unless maybe via the Dough Boy.  Rob sure did have pretty numbers for 34 friggin attempts all season. Rob would not have made it through an entire season, he was a wuss..  If by some miracle he did, he would have set the single season sack record.  Rob was shiny marketing BS... That you clearly fell for.

Any attempt to try and say Johnson would have, could have, done anything better than Flutie is conjecture.  Rob had several chances to prove he was the man, he proved he was a wuss.

David_koresh.jpg

Koolaid is THATAWAY flutopian.

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Your point is? Yeah Flutie got smoked... Big deal.  He got up.  Rob would have left on a stretcher. I will bet you a dollar it was Spriggs that turnstiled Armstrong.

And speaking of Thurman, my left testicle could have held Armstrong off longer than that.  No wonder he was crap talking Flutie

Where did you go Joe?  Facts scare you off?

Edited by simool

8 minutes ago, simool said:

It's pointless arguing with ignorance. No kinder way to put it.

5 minutes ago, simool said:

Your point is? Yeah Flutie got smoked... Big deal.  He got up.  Rob would have left on a stretcher. I will bet you a dollar it was Spriggs that turnstiled Armstrong.

And speaking of Thurman, my left testicle could have held Armstrong off longer than that.  No wonder he was crap talking Flutie

Where did you go Joe?  Facts scare you off?

You know you've lost it when you side with the noodle-armed midget over one of the greatest RBs we've ever had.

Just stop man, it's embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Well now, Even I couldn’t argue with Freddy?

On 15/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, row_33 said:

I think both moves were best for the franchise, surprised they did this current one though.

You think benching Flutie, the guy who busted his nuts to get the team to the playoffs, was the best move for the franchise at that time?

Really?.............i mean, really?

58 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You know you've lost it when you side with the noodle-armed midget over one of the greatest RBs we've ever had.

Just stop man, it's embarrassing.

I agree you should stop, you look like a fool and yes you are embarrassing yourself.

When your only counterpoint to published facts is to personally attack, yes you have lost.  Probably why you live in New Jersey. 

4 minutes ago, simool said:

I agree you should stop, you look like a fool and yes you are embarrassing yourself.

When your only counterpoint to published facts is to personally attack, yes you have lost.  Probably why you live in New Jersey. 

I'll take Thurman's word.

You keep your Jersey hate.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Worser and worser? Really?

We won 6 out of his last 8 starts.

But yeah, worser and worser ...

So who is Flutie and who is Johnson?  Is Taylor Flutie and Peterman Johnson or is Peterman Flutie and Taylor Johnson?  Its a Bold move.  Maybe one of these will actually work out in the teams favor and they can find there guy?

Neither

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

So who is Flutie and who is Johnson?  Is Taylor Flutie and Peterman Johnson or is Peterman Flutie and Taylor Johnson?  Its a Bold move.  Maybe one of these will actually work out in the teams favor and they can find there guy?

Not at all.  Can't even compare the two.

I hope Peterman can just get us into a rhythm like Richie mentioned.  He does not need to move mountains.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

That's actually not really true. He played well late in the season, for one. But in his most memorable outing that year - the game against Baltimore (game 8) in which he pulled off remarkable last minute heroics to win the game despite awful statistics - he was up against a defense that most were unaware of how good it actually was (they hadn't been a great D in 1998). In short order, they became arguably the best defense in league history.  His miserable stats (18/40 for 155 yds, 1 TD, and 3 picks, 32.2 rating) in that game greatly skewed his numbers overall, but bear in mind how dominant the Ravens D was already by that season: #1 overall in DVOA ( http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef1999  ).  His stats after that game were actually quite good. He did perform poorly in an important game against the Giants, but they also were killed by a failed effort by Jonathan Freaking Linton to put the game away on a 4th and 1 at the Giants 36. Linton gets that, and the Bills win. Also, bear in mind that he closed his season in a ridiculous driving rainstorm in NE in which Christie kicked a FG to end it, 13-10.  He was 22-35 for 212 yards in truly awful conditions and also ran 6 times for 44 yards (no turnovers). He also led the game clinching drive.

In other words, it's more complicated than you suggest. 

Edited by dave mcbride

3 hours ago, JM2009 said:

Tenn made it, and we had them beat. The Bills most certainly could have been in the SB that year.

I felt that the Bills were a very bad matchup against Jax, which outplayed the Bills in a bunch of games in that era. Bizarrely, TN had Jax's number that year despite being a worse team (Jax was hands down the best team in the AFC that season). I feel like the Bills would have struggled and probably lost in Jax no matter who was playing QB. 

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Worser and worser? Really?

We won 6 out of his last 8 starts.

But yeah, worser and worser ...

1999 Flutie last 8 starts stats

Ravens          155 yards        18of 40    1 TD 3 Picks   QBR   32.8

Skins              211                  16of22     2       0                         133

Phins             157                   10of20     1       0                         93.1

Jets                220                   22of40    1       2                         58.3

Pats               207                    9of16      2       0                         140.6

Giants           184                   15of32     1       1                         66.5

Cards            239                   21of32     2       2                         82.7

Pats              212                   22of35     0       0                         79.7

Total            1585                   56.1%      10     8                         85.8

2 good games (although 9of16 is sketchy) , Two bad games and a bunch of TTesque Dreck

239 was his highest output. I suppose its gonna be the old, "He was playing within the system" BS?

They were 2nd in rushing attempts and scored 15 in the air(13 by Flutie) and 15 on the ground that year. Defense was 2 in points, 1 in yards.

These rose colored glasses you all wear when you think back to the Original Saint Doug are sad. He was a crap, weak armed  QB which is why the owner decided to force the switch.

RJ turned out to be a bum also, this is not my argument.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Because Rob Johnson's performance vs. the Titans was so good?  People forget he was embarrassingly bad that game.

They started the year in tank mode, then made a trade to shore the offense and now in a must win game bench their qb based on one drive in garbage time.

This coaching staff & management is a joke.....

I think they think the team needs a spark, making such a big move could be the shake up the team needs. LA won't have much tape on Peterman and it could throw the defensive gameplan. However, I think this is a complete panic move. They should have given it another week before being uber concerned about the season slipping away. Dareus was critical to the defense and the team hit a hard stretch in the schedule. Things eb and flow in a season. 

Tyrod is probably done here. I know that they will likely go back to Tyrod unless Peterman plays lights out but I think it just shows the lack of commitment to Tyrod. 

Edited by billsfan89

10 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Benching Flutie was good for the franchise. ok. Do people even think about what they post?

AS is Benching TT. And there are still a bunch of Butt Hurt TT lovers lingering in the shadows just hoping Peterman fails so they can shout "I told you so!"