Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

On 11/17/2017 at 10:36 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Pure speculation, but I think Dennison came up to McDermott on Monday and expressed his desire for the QB change.

Did anyone watch Dennison's PC on Monday? In retrospect, I thought it was interesting the way he talked about what transpired for him the night after the game.

He said he called OL coach Waffle  in the middle of the night to talk about OL blocking solutions, which is not something he would normally do... at least not in the middle of the night right after the game. But he said he wasn't going to sleep anyway. 

I think Mcdermott is a really hands off guy when it comes to the offense. More than I thought he might've been.   He planned on starting Taylor moving forward Sunday and even Monday, but had a conversation and a lengthy one with Dennison on Monday and went with his OC.

Erm, Wauffle is the coach of the DL.  The OL coach is Juan Castillo. 

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about arm strength for a QB but is it just me or does his throwing motion look weird?  I don't really watch many QB's and how they throw other than the Bills QB's so maybe that's what good mechanics look like and I'm just use to seeing bad mechanics for as long as we have had bad QB's.

TB* had big question marks about his arm strength during his early years.  Arm strength is something that can be increased.  Anticipation, smarts, toughness are harder to change.

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about arm strength for a QB but is it just me or does his throwing motion look weird?  I don't really watch many QB's and how they throw other than the Bills QB's so maybe that's what good mechanics look like and I'm just use to seeing bad mechanics for as long as we have had bad QB's.

Nate or Watson’s arm motion

Watson’s looks weird to me.  

I am a first timer in posting to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone saw that Peterman Trick shot video on YouTube from 2016. In that 3 minute plus video he does not seem to lack accuracy, creativity and confidence. I was really impressed by what I saw, albeit that was not done though in fast action game time conditions. But, in last weeks game he showed some accuracy, decisiveness,  composure in the pocket and a quick release, too. Reports say he has decent mobility as well. The sample we have seen from him so far regarding NFL experience is limited, but I like what I have seen so far. At least it gives me some hope, and something to look forward to this year. Tyrod just seemed too cautious, and less decisive. He had his strengths of course, but teams figured out what to do for him: Pressure him, and keep him in the pocket. Keep his passes short, and in short time any drives would be over. That was likely their thinking.

7 hours ago, Magox said:

He does strike me more of a gunslinger.   I'm sure we will see plenty of the bad with the good

While he may not have the cannon arm of your typical gunslinger Nate Peterman thinks he can put the football anywhere he wants it to go and is not afraid to try.

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, he is going up against Bosa and Ingram, that's a hell of a pass rush, doesn't help that he'll be playing from behind after Rivers drops some points on us.

trial by fire. if the Chargers continually stack the box with 8/9 defenders, Peterman is going to eat them up.

Just now, Foxx said:

i think it's a safe bet to say he will have more than 56 yards passing.

I would hope so.  Lets not act like we only got 56 yards for 9 weeks though.  I believe that Peterman can do a better job in some areas of this offense.  He has his faults too.  I don't care about yards.  I care about scoring and sustaining drives.  A smart DC is going to send the house at him and our Oline is bad against a 4 man rush.  He was not that good under pressure in preseason.  I hope that has changed.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Thank God. Becuz we all know that was a weekly thing with Taylor. 

i wanted Taylor to be 'the guy', he wasn't. i honestly don't think he is very good at all. he is a very gifted athletic athlete who tried playing quarterback. unfortunately he just doesn't have what it takes in that six inch space between the ears. 

Edited by Foxx