Longtime NFL Scout Says Taylor Is "Below Average QB"

BuffaloRush

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Tyrod needs another two or three years. He’s basically still a rookie QB in this system. 

-Tyrod needs a real OC

-Tyrod needs better protection

-Tyrod needs better weapons around him

-Tyrod needs more time as he is a "rookie QB in this system".

I wish to add to this succinctly:

-Tyrod needs to be replaced

SIMPLE.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Crusade, Crusade, Crusade 

Ahhhh poor guy i have talked about TT on good days too. Too bad they are few and far between 

Whats with you? Do you have an inability to converse on a level that is of adulthood caliber? I mean cmon who’s the poor guy you talking to? Im 100% fine. You unequivocally spew completely wrong bs more often than not. Taylor had a bad week. You know who else had a bad week on the team? Every person except our kicker and White. (Coaches included) Your inability to recognize that is dumbfounding.

3 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Whats with you? Do you have an inability to converse on a level that is of adulthood caliber? I mean cmon who’s the poor guy you talking to? Im 100% fine. You unequivocally spew completely wrong bs more often than not. Taylor had a bad week. You know who else had a bad week on the team? Every person except our kicker and White. (Coaches included) Your inability to recognize that is dumbfounding.

Maybe TT needs to replaced, we'll see, but these types of posters disappeared in the five wins.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think Tyrod is good, but I also don't think he's awful. He is cursed with being a little too electric to be a backup, but not a good enough passer to be a starter. That will keep him moving around, looking for starting gigs on awful teams after the Bills inevitably part ways.

He can win you 50% of the games. That's a backup QB.

All that said, he's our best option right now. That's all McDermott is saying. Gotta ride it out and hope for the best. Tyrod can make some plays for you, and if you get a turnover or two and get the running game going you can win with him.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I take anything Gabriel says with a grain of salt. He's got a bit of an axe to grind because he was passed over for a front office position with the Bills.

He seems a little crazy. That may be why he's unemployed, rather than his knowledge or football wisdom.

8 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well, for me, setting aside any trace of predicting how any Bills QB will turn out in the long run, just side stepping that whole thing:

We had an offense out there behind by 30 points who wouldn't take gambles and just go for broke. If I was head coach, unless it was me who told the team not to try at all to come back and win, I wouldn't want anybody to think they couldn't be benched when something like that is happening.

For me that means the offensive coordinator on down.

That one piece is the main part I don't understand about this game, The offense didn't even seem to try any desperation measures.

Agreed - not only that, but how many times when a team is down Big does the QB throw for for a ton of yards because he is trying everything to move the team.  The Bills both last week and this week do not show urgency and do not make many plays.  They made the change at QB and got in and out of the huddle faster, threw more, and generally looked like a team making a move.  They need more of that late in games when trailing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I take anything Gabriel says with a grain of salt. He's got a bit of an axe to grind because he was passed over for a front office position with the Bills.

True, did he even get an interview? I guess  Retiring from scouting in your mid fifty's and writing for peanuts isn't something he asked for.