Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

There is no way they bring Tyrod back if he plays like this. He doesn't even fit the type of system Dennison wants to run which is why it's so painfully obvious that they need to make a change if he goes out and has another stinker next week. The only thing that makes me hesitant about switching the following week is you are still on the road and playing the chiefs. Maybe they wait until they come home to put in Peterman but by that time it might be to little too late and another great opportunity to make the playoffs is flushed down the drain.

According to Rico, Tyrod is the perfect fit for the offense

Edited by JaCrispy

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

13 pages on 10 attempts!!

A better thread title: Every Nate Peterman Throw from the Saints' Game in Garbage Time against Backups who wanted the Clock to Run.  Hooray! Give him the job. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A better thread title: Every Nate Peterman Throw from the Saints' Game in Garbage Time against Backups who wanted the Clock to Run.  Hooray! Give him the job. :rolleyes:

Tyrod couldn’t accomplish anything better during his garbage time. He was to busy checking down to Tolbert on 3rd and long down 27. 

Edited by Bangarang

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No way Tyrods makes one of the throws Peterman did in the same garbage time. In fact, I would say that Peterman would have played every passing play in that game better than Tyrod did. It's nearly impossible to be worse than Tyrod was. If any person who has watched Peterman play in the preseason, in practice or in the game yesterday doesn't believe Peterman has the skills and the mental game to be a better QB than TT is lying to themselves. I say this and I'm not 100% sold on playing Peterman yet because I don't think he can lead this group to the playoffs either and it might be best to keep him on the sidelines for the year.

Just now, Bills Pimpin' said:

No way Tyrods makes one of the throws Peterman did in the same garbage time. In fact, I would say that Peterman would have played every passing play in that game better than Tyrod did. It's nearly impossible to be worse than Tyrod was. If any person who has watched Peterman play in the preseason, in practice or in the game yesterday doesn't believe Peterman has the skills and the mental game to be a better QB than TT is lying to themselves. I say this and I'm not 100% sold on playing Peterman yet because I don't think he can lead this group to the playoffs either and it might be best to keep him on the sidelines for the year.

Okay. :thumbsup:

Both cover 2/ Tampa 2.  Peterman threw in Windows Taylor wouldnt.  Thats it.  It aint college.  They cant go 2 deep at linebaker and the secondary, even if they wanted to so for the most part it was vs the same players on the backend.  I dont hate Tyrod.  I want him to succeed.  When the d runs the same defense on every third down and you cant beat it the writing is on the wall.

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Just adding some fuel to the fire. Don't tell me Peterman can be worse than Tyrod. I see alot of runs here 

Thx for posting this.  I had not seen him play much ( and I am originally from around the Pittsburgh area but now live in sec Jacksonville) and that is a  great show of his athleticism!  How do we get #85 tho?!!   Lol ! That guy has some speed , hands ,, good yac! One poster made a valid point about the saints d having prepared for Tyrod and so that helped account for Peterman looking good at the end of the game. Well, why not throw Peterman in for a few series at least so that defenses have to prepare for something other than this predictable Dennison playcalling?  I say that as I sit watching Cam Newton running the offense we should be running with Tyrod.    When cam runs he plays better. I’m not a professional offensive coordinator but I’ve watched the Bills since 1966, slept in hotels better than holiday inns, and I could be more creative than Dennison. I’m looking forward to seeing more of peterman. Seems like a wasted opportunity when your starting qb standard has a game completing ONE pass to a wr, and 60 yds or so for a game total.  

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So much for the argument that Peterman was only playing against a vanilla defense and all the Saints starters were out.

After the game I believed that the production output from Peterman was just because they were in garbage time versus prevent coverages, but I will pull the reigns back on that sentiment. Peterman saw an array of one high, two high, zone, man, pattern matching coverages in his two drives. The passes to Benjamin and Thompson were against slot guy PJ Williams and starter Ken Crawley and they are talented in their own right. Even defensive end Alex Okafor and DT Sheldon Rankins were still getting snaps late into the fourth. It was quite evident the Saints didn’t want to punt or give up a touchdown.

But it was the fact that Peterman was able to process the array of coverages and just get the ball out to where the coverage dictated. On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions. But again, it was his ability to recognize the blitz, know who the unblocked defender was and get the ball out to O’Leary. He then recognized the very same play on the next drive and attempted a deep shot to his speed receiver. That mental processing of coverages from snap to snap and recognition from drive to drive was exciting to see.

He can execute this offense better than Tyrod. I’m completely convinced.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So much for the argument that Peterman was only playing against a vanilla defense and all the Saints starters were out.

He can execute this offense better than Tyrod. I’m completely convinced.

Hurry! Call OBD to let them know what you've concluded.  Many of the starters were sitting down, including Lattimore. 

"On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions. "

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hurry! Call OBD to let them know what you've concluded.  Many of the starters were sitting down, including Lattimore. 

"On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions. "

One was the drop by KB, right?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

One was the drop by KB, right?

I think it was a slight deflection by the DB.  

BTW, Author's conclusion: Do I believe he should be the starter? No, not yet, but his fourth quarter performance against the Saints really gave you a glimpse into what he can do.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz