Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

Not too early to start handicapping McD's replacements for the 2019 season:

1)Bill O'Brien......he may get fired this season 

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

True.  I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but Buffalo native Gregg Easterbrook pointed the same thing out in his revived Tuesday Morning Quarterback review after the Jets game:

NFL Games Often Look Bad Because Players Don’t Even Try. Three of the league’s highest paid offensive linemen are Cordy Glenn, Richie Incognito, and Eric Wood of Buffalo: all possessors of extravagant contracts despite none ever appearing in a playoff game. Thursday at Jersey/B, all three were awful, spending down after down barely brushing their men, then standing doing nothing, just watching as Tyrod Taylor was sacked seven times and LeSean McCoy thrice was TFL (“tackled for a loss”).

All three of these underperforming offensive linemen know that for reasons of salary cap amortization and veteran guarantees, no matter how poorly they perform, they will receive the same pay this season whether they play hard or sit down on the field. So they did nothing as their quarterback was sacked and their tailback got hit in the backfield.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2)James Franklin

It's a rebuilding project that will take a few years.  We have an old roster and these coaches inherited most of it...I just don't understand the constant turnover mindset and how it would be good for the franchise to not allow this regime to have a couple of years to build something.  They haven't had a chance to get their guys on the roster?  It's still been less than a year...

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2)James Franklin

Hate to agree but this is true.

Today had shades of Rex's Redskins game, the game that I knew that his era was over.  Once the team refuses to play for you, you're dead.  It's just a long decomposing process.  

Most of the cheap players signed after young talent was traded away. They Have all been playing above their pay grades (sometimes) espcially on defense.. The talent level on the team sucks. one or two players if not for the Bills would not even be in the NFL. It's a Bills tradition. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

Most of the cheap players signed after young talent was traded away. They Have all been playing above their pay grades (sometimes) espcially on defense.. The talent level on the team sucks. one or two players if not for the Bills would not even be in the NFL. It's a Bills tradition. 

Most of our front seven is backup caliber at best. And even Jordan Poyer is showing why he was mostly a backup on the Browns the last few weeks and in typical Bills fashion playing like trash after a hot start to the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

It's a rebuilding project that will take a few years.  We have an old roster and these coaches inherited most of it...I just don't understand the constant turnover mindset and how it would be good for the franchise to not allow this regime to have a couple of years to build something.  They haven't had a chance to get their guys on the roster?  It's still been less than a year...

Oh he'll get next season at least but when your players quit like they did the past two weeks that is hard to recover from.

The Saints are a better team but his was a total tank job by the team.............that Brees run for a TD took a truly special kinda' quit.   

The problem I see it is that the process has been all about satisfying McD's want for a comfy, low-maintenance locker room...........but being a good HC is not about being comfortable it's about being able to manage talent and make it work for you.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2)James Franklin

Not happening.

They didn't quit, they just aren't physically able to, the lack of talent has caught up to us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh he'll get next season at least but when your players quit like they did the past two weeks that is hard to recover from.

The Saints are a better team but his was a total tank job by the team.............that Brees run for a TD took a truly special kinda' quit.   

The problem I see it is that the process has been all about satisfying McD's want for a comfy, low-maintenance locker room...........but being a good HC is not about being comfortable it's about being able to manage talent and make it work for you.

I just think he's trying to play with a really old team and halfway through the season they are tired.  A lot of players don't fit the schemes and that's not his fault he inherited those players from past regimes.  

8 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Hopefully we start picking the Best Player Available,  ;)

13 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

If they dont win next year they probably wont see the process through to the 3rd year of their contract. They dont have time to slowly right the ship 

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Inherited an old roster?  You're kidding, right?  Beane has done nothing but ship out young talent since arriving here.  Woods and Watkins were both under 25.  Dareus was 27.  Jonathan Williams was 23.  Under Beane,  the average age of the team's running backs is 29.   Beane extended the contract of 31 year old center Eric Wood.  McDermott has benched  John Miller in favor of 30 year old Vlad Ducasse. Beane chose to keep 34 year old Lorenzo Alexander while letting younger LBs walk.

Let's get the narrative right. This team is old because Beane and McDermott are  building it to be old.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Agent 91 said:

If they dont win next year they probably wont see the process through to the 3rd year of their contract. They dont have time to slowly right the ship 

That's the problem though, we keep cutting off regimes before they actually get a few years to establish their players into the locker room.  I believe they have a plan, I hope they are allowed to stick to it or the constant turnover will just keep hurting us

Just now, jmc12290 said:

I....I don't think so.

Along with a lack of talent...yeah I do.  Compare our linebackers to carolinas and tell me he's working with a lot of talent...they just need time to replace these old players that are just bridging the gap

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2)James Franklin

At some point the Bills have to let a coach establish his system and get players to fit his system. McDermott should get at least 3 yrs to put something together. I think the team stopped trying because the offense is horrible and discouraging. Taylor misses so many plays  and the Oline is terrible. Just watching on TV I saw open receivers that Taylor is missing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1