Bills vs. Saints Postgame - Total Domination

26CornerBlitz

48 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Sitting in my car alone in a park since 2:45. 

Sunday’s are stupid.

Cheer up, my friend! There is hope in the process! 

I’m actually not freaked out by this. Disappointed, sure, but remaining calm and waiting for the season, FA, the draft, etc. to play out. I never thought THIS was the year, but I like a lot of what I’ve seen in terms of a plan. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Cheer up, my friend! There is hope in the process! 

I’m actually not freaked out by this. Disappointed, sure, but remaining calm and waiting for the season, FA, the draft, etc. to play out. I never thought THIS was the year, but I like a lot of what I’ve seen in terms of a plan. 

They certainly have a vision, and it seems like this year that will not be fully realized.  The next two seasons should tell a lot about whether it is a good plan, or not.  The start of this year seems to be a tease.

BUF-Bills-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

T Dion Dawkins, 84.4 overall grade

CB Tre’Davious White, 81.0 overall grade

RB LeSean McCoy, 78.4 overall grade

T Jordan Mills, 77.3 overall grade

G Vladimir Ducasse, 76.7 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

DION DAWKINS84.4 OVERALL GRADE

In a game where the Bills offense struggled to get going one of the strengths was the play by left tackle Dion Dawkins. Dawkins, who was replacing a very good player in Cordy Glenn, allowed 0 pressures on 36 pass plays

QB TYROD TAYLOR, 65.7 OVERALL GRADE

The Bills were behind a lot early and had to rely on the passing game to get them back in the game, but the passing game was unable to get anything going. Taylor’s grade is not a disaster, but this is due to the fact that the Bills where unable to get first downs and Taylor didn’t get the opportunity to make many plays, good or bad, due to the quick three and outs throughout the game.

CB TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE81.0 OVERALL GRADE

White was one of the few players that had above-average performances on defense. He was targeted three times in coverage, allowing two catches for 35 yards to Michael Thomas, but he also had the Bills’ lone pass breakup in the game.

LB PRESTON BROWN, 29.5 OVERALL GRADE

The entire defense shares the blame for their abysmal performance against the run. Brown had the lowest run-defense grade, however, as he was sealed off at the second level several times and was even out of his gap on a couple of occasions.

I'm baffled how this defense could look so good for the first month of the season.

It's not just Marcel Dareus being traded.  It's not just EJ Gaines or Ramon Humber being hurt.  It's not just being out-schemed by the opponents.

This team had a strong pass rush early in the season.  They haven't sniffed the quarterback in weeks.  There is absolutely no pressure on the quarterback.  Not from Jerry Hughes.  Not from multiple Pro-Bowler Kyle Williams.  They are getting no penetration.  They aren't getting leverage.  They aren't pushing the pocket.  We might as well drop 11 into coverage, because I can't imagine it costing us much in pass rush.

The rush defense has been abysmal.  And again, it's not just missing Dareus.  I was watching defensive linemen and linebackers get blown 5 yards off the ball.  Giant holes everywhere.  Our team went from excellent tackling, to suddenly missing everything.  How can the SAME players who seemed to understand their assignments, making technically sound tackles -- suddenly turn into such a sloppy mess.  It's like everyone on defense suddenly forgot how to play tackle football.

ESPN: Saints trample Bills for 298 rushing yards as defense collapses

The Saints carried the ball 24 consecutive times in the second half of their 37-point rout of the Bills, whose defense has been in decline for weeks.

Saints score at will in win over Bills

[game-recap-11-12-story.jpg

The Bills have been resilient this season when it comes to stemming the tide following a loss. That wasn’t the case however, on Sunday.

What they're saying: Bills look to regroup after consecutive losses

1112-wts-postgame.jpg

HC Sean McDermott, QB Tyrod Taylor, WR Kelvin Benjamin and other discuss what needs to happen for the team to get back on the winning track after back-to-back losses.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

28 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm baffled how this defense could look so good for the first month of the season.

It's not just Marcel Dareus being traded.  It's not just EJ Gaines or Ramon Humber being hurt.  It's not just being out-schemed by the opponents.

This team had a strong pass rush early in the season.  They haven't sniffed the quarterback in weeks.  There is absolutely no pressure on the quarterback.  Not from Jerry Hughes.  Not from multiple Pro-Bowler Kyle Williams.  They are getting no penetration.  They aren't getting leverage.  They aren't pushing the pocket.  We might as well drop 11 into coverage, because I can't imagine it costing us much in pass rush.

The rush defense has been abysmal.  And again, it's not just missing Dareus.  I was watching defensive linemen and linebackers get blown 5 yards off the ball.  Giant holes everywhere.  Our team went from excellent tackling, to suddenly missing everything.  How can the SAME players who seemed to understand their assignments, making technically sound tackles -- suddenly turn into such a sloppy mess.  It's like everyone on defense suddenly forgot how to play tackle football.

They're getting worn down because the offense can't stay on the field (which has been an issue all year). They came into today 25th in first downs on offense.

When they don't get turnovers and dont get off the field, they tire out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The beginning of the season was a mirage.  As of last week, we had one of the 10 easiest schedules in the NFL.  

As we start to play the good NFL teams in the string beginning today, I suspect that the "process" is not going to look as good . . . about as good as the run defense today.  

• Like (+1) 1