Ryan Finley Time

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Playing Boston College on ABC.  He has played great against Notre Dame and Clemson the last two weeks.  If the Bills pass on this guy, they will be sorry.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think he is going to go late 1st to mid second but I am no expert, I just watch a lot of football.  Honestly I am a big Notre Dame fan and hadn't seen much of Finley until a couple of weeks ago.  He played very well and had me worried into the mid third quarter that he may lead them to the upset.  FInley has a good arm, very good anticipation, will stand in the pocket and take a shot to make a play, can scramble a bit and is 6'4".  He has a lot of things that project to a very good to great NFL QB.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

14 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think he is going to go late 1st to mid second but I am no expert, I just watch a lot of football.  Honestly I am a big Notre Dame fan and hadn't seen much of Finley until a couple of weeks ago.  He played very well and had me worried into the mid third quarter that he may lead them to the upset.  FInley has a good arm, very good anticipation, will stand in the pocket and take a shot to make a play, can scramble a bit and is 6'4".  He has a lot of things that project to a very good to great NFL QB.

I one hundred percent agree with you and he's been a growing on me as I've  watched more of him.  He has that NC State team along with Bradley Chubb on defense playing some great football.  They've played hard in every game.  I think Finley could be a late riser in the process similar to Trubinsky last year but maybe not as high.  He just is the commander on that offense and doesn't do anything poorly.  I'd be happy with him

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

CBS mock is whack. Finley is decent but he’s Nathan Peterman 

That is a valid comparison at this point I think.  Peterman was a guy that was projected to go in round 2-3 and ended up dropping.  I think Finley is a similar player but if he nails the process leading up to the draft, you could see him being picked much higher than expected

21 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

That is a valid comparison at this point I think.  Peterman was a guy that was projected to go in round 2-3 and ended up dropping.  I think Finley is a similar player but if he nails the process leading up to the draft, you could see him being picked much higher than expected

I think the scouts have a good assessment of Finley...good but not great potential, with a good supporting cast  ala Prescott,Dalton &Flacco.

I see his ceiling as mid to late 1st rd (20-32) or early 2nd but he could drop a round or two after the nitpicking season.

3 hours ago, racecitybills said:

Mason Rudolph.  Period.  

I like what I’ve seen, but I’m very suspect about the defenses he’s faced. If it looks easy putting up 50 every week, it makes me wonder.... I’ve not really studied it, just gut reaction. (I also want to like him because he’s from my wife’s hometown.) 

6 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is a legit question...not just baiting you...

Do we want a "late 1st to mid second" kind of QB project?  It appears that many on this board who are adamant about QB picks are especially keen on getting a top 3 QB pick. 

16 hours ago, dulles said:

This is a legit question...not just baiting you...

Do we want a "late 1st to mid second" kind of QB project?  It appears that many on this board who are adamant about QB picks are especially keen on getting a top 3 QB pick. 

I'm fine with getting a late 1st to mid 2nd round QB.

I want a QB from this draft, and if they have to hold a clipboard for a season and learn, that's alright with me.